Baby, You're Not In Hell Any More

Chapter Nineteen

Just as quickly as Matt had rushed in, he was gone. I was about to open my mouth to ask why, but Brian snatched my wrist up and ran. He ran down the stares; pulling me along with him. I was a very good runner, but not when I first get up. I was tripping and nearly face plating on the tile floors on our way down. He pulled me into the kitchen and flung me onto the wooden steps. Before I fell down the steps; Brian grabbed me and closed the door locking all of the locks from the top of the door all the way to the bottom.

He walked slowly but swiftly down the stares, my hand was still in his. The basement had candles all over the place. Boxes of food were stocked beside a round wooden table with a few packs of batteries and a radio. There were a few couches and tables. The walls were made of concrete with orange fuzzy carpet laid on the floor. Nothing hung on the walls. Matt sat on the couch with Val beside them; both still in their night cloths. Though, Matt had on sweats and a tee shirt.

“What’s going on?” I questioned, looking between the three adults that had concerned looks on their face. Val didn’t have on a smile like she always did, which was a change. Not knowing that was going on, not seeing her sweet smile, made me want to crumble to the ground. The one thing I learned about Val, is that if she isn’t smiling them something is going on.

“A hurricane is coming; category five. A tornado is touching down a few miles away.” Matt informed me. His arm was draped over Val’s shoulders, to help calm her no doubt. She looked at the awkward color carpet, blinking every minute or so.

“What about the guys?” Brian asked his voice was strained and the pitch that his voice was at made him sound very worried. He kept his hand in mine, squeezing it slightly. I could feel the precipitation come off of his hands. Normally, I couldn’t stand sweaty hands but I didn’t care about Brian’s sweaty hands.

“Zacky is over at Johnny’s with Jimmy.” Matt said finally looking over at me, giving me a weak smile. I returned it and couldn’t help but feel a bit of relief as Matt continued. “They are in Johnny’s basement. Cassandra is visiting her Mother in Miami and she took Bridgette with her.” Val’s face seemed to relax a little bit hearing the news that I assumed she hadn’t heard.

“Who’s Cassandra and Bridgette?” I asked curiosity was spiking my words. Brian’s grip didn’t loosen up on my hand so I rubbed my thumb on the back of his hand to calm him down. I just sent goose bumps up and down his arms.

Brian looked down at me and smiled. “The other Avenged girls.” I have him a questioning look. It wasn’t very specific like I had hoped. I waited for him to go on with his explanation. He chuckled, I saw something flash across his eyes and smiled. “Cassandra is Johnny’s newest girlfriend. They had been together for about a week now and Bridgette is Jimmy’s long term girlfriend. They have been together for about three and a half years by now. Jimmy wants to marry her, but she turned him down saying that she wasn’t ready for that.” He rolled his eyes and sighed. “I personally think she has someone on the side.”

“I don’t think she would. She must be a nice person if she is dating Jimmy.” I stated still looking Brian in my eyes. I shrugged my shoulders. I didn’t know her, never seen her or talked to her a day in my life; but Jimmy’s nice, so she must be nice right?

“There are a lot of mean, ugly people in the world Emily.” Matt said shaking his head. He seemed the agree with Brian. Val nodded in agreement. If they all assumed that then why didn’t they tell their assumptions to Jimmy?

“You don’t have to tell me about mean people. I know about mean people.” I stated. My voice was a bit higher then the normal voice I had, it was strong; knowing. It was true I knew my fair share of mean people. If I didn’t then I wouldn’t be in the situation that I was in at the moment. I just hoped they wouldn’t find me. Though, through all of the things that happened back home I was glad to have all of it happen; it lead me to Brian.

“People at school are nothing like older ones.” Val said with a deep frustrated sigh. “You wouldn’t know anything of the kind of people we are talking about.”

“I don’t know anything about mean people in school.” I said, slightly offended. “I never talked to the people at school; I tuned everyone there out. I know what kind of people you’re talking about. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t be here right now.” I shot back. Okay so it struck a very strong nerve.

The sky was dark. Street lights gave the side walks a familiar glow that I wished I would never have to see again. No one walked the streets, no cars drove by. In downtown, unless you had a death wish, you didn’t come out after dark. There were too many gangs and mysterious people walking around pretending to be lost. They would must rather slit your throat then ask for directions or mind their own.

I had gotten a call from my only friend Jessica. She had told me that she was in trouble and needed my help. I got that call an hour ago; at one o’clock in the morning. Since I lived far from town by the time I had gotten to the ally that she told me to meet her at, it was around two thirty. I got out of the house alright, my parents were passed out cold. They went to a business function with some of my Fathers co workers so he could work his way up the corporal ladder.

I held my blue jacket close to me. It was late December, so it was rather cold outside. The trees looked like some figure that you would see in a child’s nightmare. They’re naked. The long , think branches danced in the wind. In the shadow’s of the street lights, they looked scary. I could feel the cold wind going through my thick grey sweat pants, making me shiver.

“Ppptttssssss.” It was a low hiss, making me jump. All of my senses were on full alert. I sighed when I realized it was my friend calling me. I walked into the dark ally. It smelled of week old Chinese food and dead cat's. I grunted at the smell and walked further into the ally. It was so dark I couldn't see anything.

"Jessica? What was it you need my help with?" I whispered, walking steadily down the ally way, until I reached a tall metal fence with barb wire at the top. I turned around and ran smack dab into a hard chest, knocking me into the fence. I groaned and looked up.

It wasn't Jessica I saw. It was a man, about six foot two inches. He was well built, meaning he had muscles that could make any guy in the Navy or Army look like wimps. He had tattoos running down his arms. He had on a pair of dark jeans and a plain white tee shirt. His arms were crossed tightly crossed his chest. His hair was a sandy blond; shaved like they do in jail. He had on a pair of dark sun glasses.

"Er." I said backing away until my back hit the fence. "Where's Jessica? Have you seen her? About yay big? Blond hair, green eyes. Probably in jeans and a tee shirt?" I asked explaining her height with my hand, saying that she was taller then me by a few inches. The man just looked at me and smirked. Shit.

"Not here." He said. His voice was deep and husky. It reminded me of all of the serial kills that I have ever seen on Law And Order. He stepped closer to me. I would smell the cigarettes and whiskey on this breath across his face. I did the best that I could to not gag at the over powering smell. I wish I would have stayed home, and told Jessica to deal with it herself, but in reality I would help her day or night. So I had told her I would when we first met in sixth grade.

"I know where she is." He said, his smile spread wider across his face showing off his vampire teeth made of gold. My stomach felt like it was going to fall at the mans feet. "Bring her here guy's." His eyes never left my face.

Out of the corner of my eye two guys, that were as buff as the guy in front of me, pulled Jessica into view. Her cloths were torn, but there was no sign of bleeding. Meaning: they hadn't gotten their beatings done for the night. Also meaning: I'm in deep shit. I swallowed hard, feeling tears well up from in my eyes as one of the guys with a bald head licked her up her neck and over her lips, laughing while doing so. Jessica had her eyes closed, praying no doubt. I looked back as the guy and felt a unbelievable force come in contact with my right cheek, knocking me on my ass.

I groaned and held my cheek looking up at the guy who licked me in between my legs, I groaned louder. He grabbed a handful of my hair and pulled me up off the ground. I felt some of my roots give away. I looked at the guy in the face. The smile was still on his facial features, making me sick to my stomach. I felt like I was going to vomit.

"If you do what I say then you little friend might a) make it through the night and b) keep her innocents. Got it?"? He asked, his lips were way to close to comfort from my own. I hawked a large ball of mucus and spit it on his glasses.

"Go to hell."

After doing that I regretted it. I wish I would have nodded my head like a good little girl, made him happy and went home. Jessica didn't get to go home. Ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked the update.
Sorry it took so long.
Some things came up that I am stressing over.
If you want to know I am going to post a journal.

Comments = updates.