Baby, You're Not In Hell Any More

Chapter Twenty One

I shifted my eight from one foot to another under the disapproving look of Matt and Val. Brian was busy explaining what happened, how it happened and why it happened. Val looked at me, there wasn't a certain expression on her face. She was blank. I kept my eyes to the ground in hope I could rewind the past thirty minutes.

"Brian." Matt growled, his fist were so tightly clenched, his knuckles were turning white. He shook slightly. He exhaled heavily and closed his eyes. "Shut up." He said through clenched teeth. He was trying to regulate his breathing no doubt.

"Matt-" Brian said a bit more calmly. He went to go place his hand on his friends shoulders. Matt hit his hand away from him. His eyes flew open and he glared at Brian with so much intensity I thought it would have cut him in half.

"Don't. What you claim you feel isn't love Haner. It's a little thing called lust." Matt hissed. He held his glare on Brian. That must have struck something in Brian because his face hardened and I could tell he was trying to not let his fist collide into Matt's jaw.

"You love Val." Brian pointed out. The calming tone was no longer so calming but a bit harsh. Matt cocked an eye brow waiting for him to continue, probably waiting for him to say something bad about her so he could swing on him. "So why can't I fall in love with Emily?"

"One, she is fifteen." Val jumped in. Her tone was calming. Her expression was still blank as she looked at me. Brian was looking at her, even though she wasn't going to look at him. "and two, Michelle, your girlfriend is at you home. Alone. During a storm like this."

I flinched. I didn't like Michelle and Brian, Matt and Val knew it. Was she trying to set me off again? I looked at Val then to Brian. His face was realizing that she was right.

"Oh God." Brian gasped. He had forgotten about her. I gnawed on my bottom lip. I was hoping he would make some comment about the expensive things that are in his home. I was anticipating his words. "I have to get to her."

Boom.

He had my heart, then he threw it on the floor like it was worthless. My heart was made of glass, and it just shattered into a million pieces. I felt tear fall from my eye. Brian turned and looked at me. He saw the tear. He saw how my eyes turned to him in sheer horror. They were a bright green. He sighed and pulled me into a tight hug. I didn't put my arms around him; they stayed by my side's.

"Get. Off. Of. Me." I tried to mask my sorrow with a hard voice, it worked for the most part. He hugged me tighter, kissing the top of my head every few seconds. "You lied to me."

"No no no." Brian said cutting me off. He pulled away but kept a tight hold on my shoulders; looking into my eyes. "I haven't had a chance to break it off with her. I was with you last night. Remember?" He whispered. Pain shot through his eyes like I had just slapped him across the face. I let my face fall to a more calmer one. I nodded.

"I love you Em." Brian smiled. He kissed the tip of my nose, making me smirk. I felt the anxiety come out of my body, dripping off of my skin and soaking into the floor.

"I love you too Brian." I mumbled kissing his lips and shaking my head. I pulled him into a bone crushing hug and looked at Matt and Val.

"I don't like this." Matt grumbled sitting on the couch and picking up a rather thick book, turning to a page in the middle and began to read. I looked at Val.

Her face was pale, her neck was red. Her eyes were slightly squinted. Val was trying to breath. She closed her eyes tight then looked at Brian. "You're breaking it off with Michelle?" Val shrieked. Matt mumbled something that I didn't understand.

Brian sighed heavily. He kissed the top of my head and rubbed my shoulder. "Can't you see I'm happy Val?" Brian said in a pleading tone.

"She told me that she thought that you were going to ask for her hand in marriage!" Val said in a shocked tone. She bit on her thumb nail and paced mumbling things.

She stopped pacing and looked at us. Sighing she said, "Alright. I'm not in control of your life, so go ahead and break up with Michelle." Val said slightly shaking her head.

"Matt?" Brian asked with an unsure tone. He glanced at him and waited for Matt to finish reading that page.

"I agree with Val." Matt said turning the page and going back to reading his book. Brian and I let out a sigh of relief.

The rain beat down harder. Thunder and lightening could be heard from outside. I buried my head into Brian's chest. When I closed my eyes I saw Zacky.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woop.
Chapter update.
:)

Comments = updates