Baby, You're Not In Hell Any More

Chapter Twenty Three

The storm was still raging as we drove quickly to the pier. We were just getting the edge of it at the moment. Buildings were destroyed, roof tops torn off, garbage was scattered along the streets and some cars had broken wind shields. Rain poured down in hard, fast drops. I hoped it wouldn’t crack the wind shield.

“Turn here.” Brian ordered pointing to the street on my left. I quickly did a sharp turn not bothering to slow down. The car made a screeching tire sound as we tore on the pavement. Brian had a look of horror on his face as the car kept accelerating forward to the beach. “You are never driving my car again.” He said out of breath.

I said nothing and kept driving. I came to a bone jerking stop in front of the beginning of the pier. Zack, Jimmy and Johnny were soaked and had some scratches in various places. They piled into the back. The rain poured down harder. I did a U turn before going eighty down the road. My eyes focused on the road, I didn’t need any distractions going that fast. It could make me wreck or worse.

“Thank you guy’s.” Zack said sighing, trying to regulate his breathing. Jimmy and Johnny said thank you and started to tell Brian about what had happened to the house. I looked in the review mirror to see the tornado not a hundred feet off. I stepped on the gas petal until it wouldn’t go down any more, after making the sharp turn down the road Matt and Val lived on.

“What’s the rush?” Johnny asked with a small laugh. Jimmy laughed along with him. They seemed to calm. Did they not know about the second storm? I was about to give them some cold hard realization.

“Look in the back wind shield and then tell me if you want me to slow down.” I said racing down the street, dodging garbage cans and cars parked on the side of the road. I heard all of the guys look back except for Brian. He knew that I knew it was edging closer to us; that is why he didn’t tell me to stop speeding.

“Holy shit!” Jimmy yelled. He sounded worried as he turned back around. He went pale like he had seen a ghost or something.

“Go faster!” Zack yelled. He was closer to my seat now. I could feel his shaky breath on the back of my neck sending chills going up and down my spine.

“I’m going a hundred and eighty. It doesn’t go any faster!” I yelled. I was in the drivers seat trying to get the people I care about back to Matt’s safe and sound. It was hard to do with the devil on your ass and the damn car will not go any faster.

“Damn babe.” Brian said sounding shocked. He had to keep himself together so he can be there to help everyone, I was sure of it. He placed his hand on my shoulder and rubbed it, kissing my cheek. “Everything will be alright. We’ll make it.” Brian whispered as he caressed my cheek. “Do you understand me?”

I nodded. I breathed deeply trying to calm myself down. I felt my muscles relax as I saw Matt’s house in my view. I slowed down and parked the car in the drive way, ushering everyone into the house. I came in last locking the door. “Basement!” I yelled at the guys who just stood there looking at me with an expression I didn’t recognize. They all ran down the basement. I walked down and locked all of the locks.

I saw the guys hugging Matt and Val. She seemed less worried. I smiled at the scene and sat on the couch. I couldn’t shake the uneasy feeling. My body was trembling on the inside, I felt like I was going to vomit. I had just out ran a tornado. I couldn’t believe it as I thought about it.

“She,” Brian pointed a finger at me. A smile was spread over his face. I couldn’t help but smirk. Everyone’s eyes were on me. “is never going to drive my car again. She pushed it as fast as it would go.” Brian exclaimed. The three guys laughed a bit, bring there it must have been funny. “I’ve never even done that!”

Matt laughed then shrugged. “Do you think that maybe she did that you save you guys?” Matt asked raising an eye brown. They all seemed to ponder the idea of be saving them. I shook my head and rested it on the back of the couch.

“You’re right.” Zack said. He looked really beat up since he wasn’t in the rain. He had scratches on his face. Blood poured from his back shoulder blade. His cloths were soaked and torn.

“Zack, get me the first aid kit and come here.” I said, sitting on the edge of the couch. I heard Zack groan and get the kit. He sat on the couch beside him. I turned to face him, making him turn around and take off his shirt. His tattoo that said Vengeance 7 still looked amazing. The colors hadn’t faded and there were no scratches on the tattoo what so ever.

The gash was right under the v. It looked more like a piece of glass was caught in it, making it a stab wound big enough for a butcher knife. Sighing, I got out a bottle of peroxide. I poured a bit on a rag and gingerly tapped the gash with the peroxide ridden rag. “Any idea how you got this one Zack?” I asked, feeling a smile come on as I saw goose bumps grow up his back.

He laughed and shook his head. I waited until he stopped laughing to continue. “No idea. I think some glass got me. I’m not so sure.” Zack said with a sigh. I studied his back. He was well built for a guy his age. He had a small pudgy stomach, but it made him look cute. “Is there any glass in it?” His voice was hesitant. I could nearly feel the tension coming off of his body onto my own.

“Yes there is.” I said with a sigh. It was a rather large piece of glass I must say. It looked really painful. It was nearly a good thing that I could handle blood well – it was always a fascination of mine- or they would be in some serious trouble. I felt an urge to pull the glass out and taste his blood, but realizing my own thoughts, I cringed. “Ready?” I asked. I put on a pair of blue surgeons gloves and held another rag to help stop the bleeding.

“Just do it.” Zack said, I could hear the frustration in his voice as he spoke. He wasn’t scared of needles, but this would be a lot of pain at once. I nodded to myself. I grabbed the glass and tried to pull. Zack gasped in pain. The glass was stuck tightly in his back.

“Damn it.” I mumbled. I whipped the blood that dripped out of his wound, trailing down his back. I felt him tense up at my mumbling.

“Emily?” His voice was stern, concerned. I patted him on the head. He relaxed a bit. I grabbed the glass firmly and – with all of the strength that I had- pulled the glass out of his back. Zack yelled in pain, closing his eyes tight. His breathing was heavy as he muttered obscenities.

I put the glass on the table beside me. I put the rag on Zack’s wound. I held pressure there, my own breath was irregular. I felt Zack’s hand go over my own, holding it. He ran his thumb over the top of my hand. I went to lay my head on his shoulder when I heard someone clear their throat.

I looked over and saw Brian. His arms were folded across his chest. I smiled weakly at him, he returned the favor. He walked over and kissed my cheek. He slowly pulled my hand from the wound and looked at it. Brian sighed and shook his head.

“Only a thing Zack could pull off.” Brian said sitting in front of Zack with a small smile. It held remorse and sympathy. I took my eyes from the two guys in front of me and looked through the first aid kit.

“Jimmy, do you remember the time that Zack broke all of his toes at a show once?” Johnny asked from sitting by Val, who just smiled and laughed. Jimmy nodded eagerly. His black aviators were on top of his head as he sipped on what ever was in the bottle.

Zack chuckled bitterly then shook his head. He looked over at me, his brilliant green eyes locking with my own. “Are you done yet?” He asked with a small smile.

I shook my head. His smile faded and he sighed. “What more do you have to do?” He questioned raising an eye brow. He looked at me skeptically. I stayed silent. “Well?” His impatience made me roll my eyes.

“I have to sew you up.” I said taking out a needle and thread. Zack’s eyes widened at the sight of the large sewing needle. He blinked a few times. It was like he was taking a play back over and over again.

“Can I get drunk first?” He asked with pleading eyes. I almost gave then it dawned on me. “No liquor.” His face fell. He was looking at me with horror as I already had the needle ready.

“It wont take long and I promise I’ll make it as painless as possible.” I said frowning. I didn’t like seeing him like that, in such despair. He nodded and turned around with a sigh.

Every time I put the needle through skin to close it together he groaned and sighed. It only took me ten minutes to give him a butterfly stitch, a thing I learned years ago. I felt so guilty making Zack go through pain, I almost stopped in the middle of my sewing and said I couldn’t do it. Knowing that if I didn’t keep on doing what I was doing, it would get infected.

I tied the knot at the end then threw the needle away in the trash can beside me. I felt Zack sigh with relief. I patted it lightly with peroxide and put a bandage over it. The bandage started to have blood soak through it seconds after it was on. “All done.” I said patting Zack on the shoulder. He turned to me and nodded. His face was red and his eyes looked a bit puffy. Had he been crying? “Were you crying Zack?” I asked as he sat the right way on the couch.

He nodded, and turned his eyes away from me. I felt my bottom lip tremble. My eyes gave a burning sensation as I hugged him from the side, not letting go. “I’m sorry.” I cooed, in hope it would make him feel better. He patted my back and told me it was okay not to be sorry. I could feel everyone’s eyes on us, in wonder no doubt.

“Emily?” Brian asked with a small twang in his voice. I looked up at him, to see him smiling. He laughed and shook his head.

“What?” I asked raising an eye brow in confusion. He shook his head and smiled. I laid my head back down on Zack’s shoulder and felt my eyes drift to sleep. I heard someone faintly say I love you before my world went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long chapter.
Hope you liked it.

Comments = updates