Status: Updates Progressing Slowly; Next update in two weeks

Skeptics and True Believers

[Title Credit: The Academy Is...]

Five years ago, Delilah Jade Emberson was a normal twenty year old girl: young and in love with her rock star boyfriend, Brian Haner Jr. They were so in love that he asked her to marry him. On the night of their reception though, something horrible happens, causing her to disappear from everyone's lives without looking back.

Now, after those five years, she's returned to the US and started her new life in New York City as Casey Delilah Spiegel, a twenty-five year old recpetionist at a tattoo parlor doubling as a freelance photographer for local venues. She's finally getting her life back on track until someone from the past discovers where she's been hiding all this time.

Delilah is forced to head back to her hometown to settle things between her and her husband once and for all but will she be able to shake the love she's kept for him after all these years? Will they be able to call it quits on their past or do their feelings arise once more?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Disclaimer: I do not own any famous people mentioned in this story, nor do I own any movies, music, or magaizines mentioned. None of these events occured. This is purely a work of fiction. It's meant to be taken lightly.*
  1. Sometime Around Midnight
    The memories were bittersweet as I sat here now, reminiscing on the times when we were completely blinded by love.
  2. Moving to New York
    That one statement changed everything.
  3. Homecoming
    I was finally back home where I belonged. I felt like I had returned to the little piece of heaven that Southern California had to offer.
  4. Hello Again
    "She's been gone a whole five years and now, she just waltzes back into our lives with her sob story and expects us to feel bad for her? I'm sorry but I could care less right now!"
  5. My Foggy Notion
    "Get a grip Delilah," I muttered to myself, exhaling the breath I had been holding. "You're doing the right thing."
  6. Everything Is Alright
    I didn't like the reality of my Brian, the person I've wanted more than anything else, was gone and permanently replaced with Synyster Gates, guitar-player extraordinaire.
  7. Yesterday's Feelings
    I reminded myself that Brian was dead, no longer a part of my world. He had become Syn, someone who was in no way, shape, or form redeemable for his actions.
  8. Munich
    "Oh my God, I believe hell has just frozen over! The Great Synyster Gates is actually apologizing to someone? You deserve a ***ing medal my friend, a big ***ing medal."
  9. Vogue
    It was just my kind of luck to be stuck with Syn's girlfriend all day long.
  10. The Pros and Cons of Breathing
    It was too easy to be reminded of all the reasons I wanted to be with him when he was civil like this towards me.
  11. This Photograph is Proof (I Know You Know)
    "Brian's the kind of guy that I'll never be over," I whispered, lightly running my fingers over the picture.
  12. Karma Police
    I was always on the balconies at the wrong time.
  13. Magic Medicine
    I felt as if I were seventeen again and spending another evening with Brian on his rooftop, chatting about anything that came to mind.
  14. Special Needs
    It brought back a rush of memories of the times where we used to be close to each other, hugging and kissing on the beach on school nights.
  15. The Great Golden Baby
    Every junkie ultimately paid the price for indulgence of their addictions and it was just a matter of time before I hit rock bottom.
  16. Just
    Soon enough, Brian Haner Jr would no longer be a part of my life.
  17. Trivia 轉: Seesaw
    The murkier things were between us, the more I wanted to push away my desire to know the truth.
  18. Worst in Me
    Tonight, wasn’t about us or the end of our marriage. It was about saying goodbye properly to the people I considered friends.
  19. Still Life
    It was such a cruel irony.