Status: Updates Progressing Slowly; Next update in two weeks

Skeptics and True Believers

Vogue

Three days after that incident with Synyster in my Aunt Clara's kitchen, I had avoided all contact with him. I didn't necessarily trust myself with him because I was able to get caught up in the moment and I hated that about myself. I should've been able to avoid that situation but I couldn't. I got too caught up in the heat of the moment and lost my brain for a second. That kiss was something I couldn't erase from my mind. I found myself thinking about it constantly, missing the feeling of his lips on mine. I had gone for so long without that feeling that once I got another taste, I couldn't get enough. It was like a junkie to a dose of heroin. I needed another fix.

Everyone else could tell that there was some tension between me and Syn because I ignored him completely when he was in the room. Val and Sami asked me about it but I just shrugged it off and changed the subject for Tina's sake. I didn't want word to come out about the two of us kanoodling in the kitchen because it was a moment of weakness that wouldn't happen again. I wouldn't allow it. As much as I disliked Tina, no one deserved to be cheated on like I had been.

The only person that had found about that steamy kiss was Brody, who I knew wouldn't tell anyone. I decided to tell him because I needed a guy's opinion about what was going through Syn's mind and Brody would give me an honest answer, since he wasn't really close to him at all like the rest of the guys in our group. Unfortunately, he was clueless about Syn's motives. He had no ideas other than he was a horny bastard that just couldn't keep it in his pants, which was what I suspected in the first place. I really wished there was something different though. I hoped that it wasn't just a convenience thing between us but I knew better.

Currently, I was in the car on my way to Los Angeles for my first editorial photo shoot gig. I was so excited about being able to take pictures again, even if it was taking high fashion shots. It had been a while since I was able to take pictures so the fact that I was able to design the whole photo shoot was incredible. I was even driving in early to make sure the set looked the way I wanted it to. I needed to make sure that I was giving a thousand percent on this job because I believed in being a hard worker, even if it's something I'm not completely passionate about.

After about half an hour on the 101, I finally got to Los Angeles at about eight in the morning, which was a feat for me since I was definitely not a morning person at all. I just hoped that whoever was there had my coffee order waiting for me so I wouldn't be so harsh on set when it came down to shooting. I drove up to the studio and parked, grabbing my camera equipment and carrying it inside to the set.

"Ms. Spiegel?" a mousy little brunette asked me, approaching with a cup of coffee and a clipboard in her hands.

"Yes?" I asked, looking at her.

"I'm Kellie, your assistant for the shoot," she smiled.

"It's nice to meet you Kellie and please, call me Delilah," I replied.

She nodded, "Ok well, everything's going right along schedules. The models just arrived and are in hair and makeup and the set team is putting the final touches on the stage. The equipment is nearly ready; all we need is to set up your camera and tweak the lighting and we should be ready to go at 9:30 like you wanted," she said, reading her brief notes from her clipboard as we walked towards the set. "Oh and I have your coffee," she smiled, holding up the cup in her hand.

"Thank you. I'm dying for some caffeine," I smiled.

When I finally saw the set, I was nearly blown away with how amazing it looked. It was exactly like the drawing I submitted to the design team. The whole theme of the shoot was going to be 'Alice in Wonderland' but instead of Alice, the models were going to be surrounded by the cartoony characters in their elegant evening gowns. The set was phenomenal looking, reminding me very much of the picture I had found of the very green field full of flowers and trees. I had a small house that one of the models would be in, just like Alice was in the book as well as a set that was much like the tea party at the Mad Hatter's place.

There were giant, colorful mushrooms and large trees and synthetic green hills with grass and floral arrangements everywhere, making the whole thing very eye catching. I was very impressed with the final result of the set, wanting a little more light to make the whole set pop. There wasn't much that needed to be tweaked other than the lighting. I had a good feeling about this shoot already without having met the models I would be working with.

"This is absolutely stunning," I said, setting my things down near the 'techie' station as I called it. "Seriously, not much needs to be changed to this. It already looks perfect."

"Did you want to check in with the hair and makeup artists to make sure everything's running smoothly in their department?" Kellie asked, handing me my cup of coffee.

"Thanks. Yes, let's do that and then move on to test shots for lighting," I smiled, taking a sip of the coffee.

"Alright, right this way," Kellie said, leading me towards a separate room.

I followed Kellie into the dressing room where about seven girls were seated in stylist chairs with a bevy of people working around them. Many of the girls were already looked very beautiful with their bold makeup and large hair that was hanging down. I had instructed the stylists that I didn't want their hair to be styled all the way up because I always found there was more that a model could do with their hair when posing when it was down rather than up.

"Alright everyone, I want you to meet your photographer for the day," Kellie said with a smile, gesturing to me.

"Hey everyone! I'm Delilah Spiegel and I'll be the one shooting you out there on that crazy dreamlike set today," I said with a small wave.

I received a chorus of 'hey' in return with many smiles. I scanned the room and looked over the girls, noticing that there were six of them that were very positive and energetic, which was something I really liked to see. All but one looked really happy to be there but when I caught proper sight of the one that wasn't looking too thrilled to be there, I nearly dropped my coffee in shock.

Sitting in the stylist chair, staring at me with a look of disgust was Tina, Syn's future wife. I had no idea that she was a model, though I should've figured since she had the body type for it. I was completely shocked to see her sitting there, glaring at me with complete hatred. The last thing I wanted to do was be anywhere near her at the moment but I knew that there was no choice in the girls I had to shoot so I would suck it up and act professional.

I looked away from the stares of hatred and smiled at the rest of the girls and stylists in the room, deciding it was time to make a quick exit.

"Alright, you ladies are looking wonderful so I'll see you out there in a little while," I said, nodding to them.

I turned and walked out of the room, hearing Tina talking up a storm to her stylist, hearing my name being mentioned rather snottily. I shook it off and followed Kellie back out to the set, drinking my coffee and suddenly wishing for a shot of vodka in it to take the edge off. I wanted to get my phone and text Sami and Brody to tell them of the misfortune I had to deal with today. I knew they would feel my pain.

The next hour or so was spent messing around with the lighting on the set, trying to make sure that things were going to be ready to shoot. I had my iPod hooked up to the stereo system so I would be able to have music to listen to just so everyone's energy level was kept up as well as the monitors that would get the prints of the film from the camera, since everything was electronic these days. The whole crew I was working with seemed to know their stuff with how efficient and creative they were in setting things up. They made sure I had extra things like a ladder, in case I wanted to shoot from higher angles. I was blown away.

With some time to spare, I decided that I needed to take a break and call someone to tell them my hardships of the morning. I already knew that everyone else was awake since the boys were meeting up in the practice studio early along with the girls, who wanted to go out to breakfast. Everyone was in Los Angeles today for one reason or another and they were awake so I was easily able to call one girl who I knew would find this rather amusing.

I walked away from the set, holding my coffee cup in hand and dialing the familiar number. I held the phone to my ear, hearing the ringing tone over and over again. After only three rings, the person finally picked up.

"You wanna know something completely funny?" I heard the voice on the other end of the line ask me.

"Why hello to you too Sami," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes at her immediate question.

"Hey," she said weakly. "Now, you wanna know something completely funny?"

"Sure, humor me."

"Everyone's ringtone for you is 'Hey There Delilah' so when you called, everyone had to check their phones to see which one of us you were calling," she giggled.

"Of course you pick the one song I hate with a passion," I replied with a sigh.

"Hey! It has your name in it! I'm pretty sure that makes it easy to tell who's calling when we hear that name," she laughed.

"You're all losers. I hope you know that," I told her.

"Well you wouldn't respect us if we weren't" she replied.

"That's true I guess," I laughed. "So, who're you with? It's super loud where you are," I said, noticing the background noises.

"Oh everyone decided to go out for breakfast before studio time. Hold on one moment," she said. "Everyone say good morning to Delilah," she said faintly in the background.

I heard a loud chorus of "Good morning Delilah", making me laugh a little.

"Good morning everyone!" I replied.

"Hey wait a minute! Aren't you supposed to be working right now at some fancy shmancy photo shoot?" Sami asked.

"I am working. I just got done playing with the lighting on the set but I have some things to tell you that you won't believe," I said in a serious tone.

"Ok, I'm all ears babe. Speak," she replied.

"Ok, so I get to the set and I'm actually in good spirits after seeing the set design, which is exactly like the picture we found on the computer by the way."

"The whole 'Alice in Wonderland' vibe is met? Awesome."

"Yeah so anyway, I go to meet the models I'm going to work with and guess who's sitting there in one of the stylist chairs?"

"Santa?" she asked in wonder.

"What the fuck? No," I laughed. "It was actually Tina."

"As in-"

"The future Synyster Gates," I answered for her, not wanting her to mention the name aloud in everyone's presence.

"Oh my God! Really? How was that meeting?" she asked in shock.

"It was very awkward to say the least. She was glaring at me the entire time and I was just completely shocked. I made a quick exit and heard her talking mess about me to the stylists that were working on her."

"Jeez, that's just gonna be a very tense day for you," she said sympathetically. "What're you gonna do?"

"What do you mean? I'm gonna take her pictures of course," I said obviously.

"Well duh! I knew that silly," she laughed. "I meant, are you gonna be all bitchy when you shoot her or what? What's your game plan for the photo shoot with her?"

"Oh, well I figured that I would just be my normal self. I'm going to act professional and just take gorgeous photos of her because that's my job and I wouldn't be able to settle for less in that regard," I said, sipping more coffee.

"Wow, you're a better person than I am, that's for sure. I wouldn't be able to act like a professional with her in the room. It's barely tolerable trying to tune her out when she speaks, you know," she said.

"Well, hopefully it goes ok. I just don't want the tension to affect the pictures, you know? I'm really excited about this photo shoot and I want all the pictures to be gorgeous for the ad," I told her.

"No, I get it. You want it to work out because that's your job. I get it. I'm rooting for you, you know. I'm hoping it all works out ok," she said sincerely.

"Thanks Sami. I knew I could count on you for some support," I smiled.

"No problem girl. Now, what time do you think you're gonna finish up? We're all gonna be at the practice studio until late if you wanna join us after the shoot," she told me.

"Um, I'm hoping I finish up sometime in the late afternoon but we'll see. I have seven girls to shoot and then I need to review the film so hopefully we don't go past four with everything. I'll call you for sure," I said.

"Delilah! We're ready to start!" Kellie called from the monitors as the models began emerging from the dressing room.

"Sounds like you need to get back to work so I'll let you go but give me a call later."

"Alright. Later Sami," I said.

"Have a good shoot Delilah!" she said before hanging up the phone.

I flipped my phone shut and started walking back towards the set, tossing my empty coffee cup into the trash can nearby. I already knew after that call, Sami would tell the girls and Brody what was going one which would lead to a multitude of text messages from everyone asking about the shoot. I wasn't too bothered by that actually, since I wanted them to know about this awkward situation. It was just my kind of luck to be stuck with Syn's girlfriend all day long.

I handed my phone to Kellie, who in return, handed me my camera as the models lined up off the set in front of me. Everyone looked gorgeous in their elegant dresses and bold makeup. I started to feel the excitement rushing through me again at the thought of shooting. Nothing would get me down at this point, not even the harsh glares that Tina seemed to keep sending me.

"Alright ladies, you all look absolutely stunning," I smiled, standing in front of them. "Now, as you can see from the set, we're going for an 'Alice in Wonderland' theme with this except it's more of 'Models in Wonderland' so I'm expecting a lot of energy when it's your turn to shoot. I want everyone to focus on moving with the garment, using the set creatively to show off that dress, anything you all can think of. I'm really looking forward to this shoot so are you all ready to get started?" I asked.

I heard a chorus of 'yeah' as the models, except Tina, were all smiles. I nodded to Kellie, who had the clipboard of names for the girls. She walked over to the girls and talked to them about their order in which they would model while I got myself set up to take the pictures. The lighting technicians were checking the voltage of the lights on set while the others were sitting behind the monitors, looking at the screens.

The first girl stepped up, wearing a gorgeous black evening dress that hugged every curve of her body and flowed out from her knees. She was very tall, standing at about 5'11" with her heels and with her dirty blonde hair loosely curled and around her face. She seemed a little nervous when she walked up to the set but I was hoping to get her to relax a bit.

"This one's Jenna," Kellie told me.

"Alright, Jenna?" I called out to her, grabbing her attention. "Take a few deep breaths and relax a bit. This is gonna be fun, I promise," I smiled. "Now, just set yourself up however you'd like and just remember to give me sexy and elegant," I instructed as she nodded. "Alright, cue the music and the lights and we'll get this started!' I called out.

The next minute, the lights shone brightly over the set and Rihanna could be heard booming through the speaker system, signaling that my photo shoot playlist started to play. I put my camera up to my eye, zeroing in on the model that was standing in the middle of the set and started snapping photos, causing bright flashes to appear out of my tiny device like a strobe light. I would shout different instructions or comments of encouragement as the photo shoot began, finding that it was very easy to get back into the swing of shooting high fashion models.

Model after model, I kept shooting pictures of the different girls working their dresses. This specific line of designer dresses was great because I had a lot of different styles and lengths to work with, giving the girls creative ways to show them off with the gorgeous set behind them. The dresses were a single solid color and completely chic against the fairytale style backdrop, making their simplicity pop out against the crazy fantasy world. My vision for the photo shoot was turning out the way I imagined it in my head.

The thing I liked about these girls was that their looks were very versatile with the different ethnic backgrounds. I had a few African American girls as well as some beautiful fairer skinned ones, all with different body types as well as personalities that stuck out enough for me to capture in their film. One girl, Marcelle, was an eighteen year old from France that spoke very little English so with her so I decided that I would use my French skills I picked up the six months I spent working in Paris to communicate with her and make her feel more comfortable. The other girls more or less seemed like they were from the United States, with the exception of Luciana, who was Italian and in the same boat as Marcella, uncomfortable with speaking English.

She was the girl I had just started shooting after lunch, leaving Tina to be the last girl I took photos of before I started taking group shots of everyone on set. Luciana was a very lively girl, using the set more so than the other models. Currently, she was sitting on top of a bright blue mushroom top in her elegant short white cocktail dress. Out of all the girls, she was definitely taking some bold risks and displaying her energy level, making her my favorite to shoot. I loved the girls that needed little instruction from me.

"Ciò ha ragione Luciana! Lavorarlo, lavorarlo. (That's it Luciana! Work it, work it)" I told her, snapping the photos.

She changed it up a bit, coming forward and standing with her feet on either side of the mini brook on the set, hands on her hips and body bent forward and to the left like a broken doll. She was smiling as I took some of the pictures, which I liked but decided that I needed something different, more edgy and sexy.

"Darmi più sexy nella sua faccia. (Give me more sexy in your face)" I instructed her. She complied with my request, leading to a wonderful shot that was sassy sophisticated. "Perfezionare! Assolutamente bella! (Perfect! Absolutely beautiful!)" I told her. "Alright, I think we've got it!" I called out, pulling the camera away from my face, nodding to Luciana in approval. "Ringraziarla (Thank you)" I told her.

"Grazi," she replied shyly, stepping off the set.

I walked over to the monitors and started looking through the photos, seeing nothing but perfection on the screen before me. Susie, the person running the monitors, started flipping through Luciana's film slowly while I waited for Tina to walk onto the set. We were all in awe of how well the theme of the shoot was working for this designer line, finding it a success. I even had one of the representatives of the line there while we shot, browsing through the different pictures with nothing but a grin on his face which meant he loved it as well. It felt like a great accomplishment on my end.

"Alright, I'm ready to shoot. Where's my last girl?" I asked, walking back towards my position on the set, looking for Tina.

"Tina! You're up!" Kellie called out, radioing over to the dressing room.

After a few minutes, she finally appeared through the door with her fiancée in hand, causing me to roll my eyes at this. The last thing I needed on top of shooting Tina's pictures was Synyster Gates crashing my set and messing everything up. I didn't let it affect me though. I still had a goal in mind so I needed to accomplish the task at hand.

I took off my black blazer and folded it over one of the steps of the ladder, knowing Kellie would hang it up for me, and straightened out my simple red tank top. For once today, I looked the way a professional high fashion photographer should look, wearing a red tank top with a pair of dark denim jeans and knee-high black stiletto heeled boots and a black blazer. I looked casual professional, still rocking the heels that were killing my feet from standing around all day. Now that Syn was here, I was actually glad I looked good. It would help boost my confidence since it seemed I was going to be around the happy couple all day.

"Do you mind if I hang out for a while and watch?" Syn asked, that stupid damn smirk on his face once again as they walked up.

"No, not at all," I shrugged. "Just don't disrupt my set," I told him.

He nodded, stealing a disgustingly passionate kiss from Tina before walking over to the monitors that weren't too far away. The other girls were sitting around the monitor as well, patiently waiting for the group shots to start. I could feel Syn's eyes on me as he passed, giving me one of those awkward stares that made me question his thoughts but shook it off, getting ready to get back into my zone.

"Alright Tina, I want elegance. I want sexy and most of all, I want creativity in these shots," I told her. All she did in response was slightly roll her eyes at me before giving me a very face smile. "Ok cue the lights and music please!" I called out.

This time, I heard an upbeat Pink song playing loudly through the speakers as I raised my camera up to my face, looking through the lens and snapping some photos of Tina. When I was shooting Tina, I was finding it very difficult to find some usable shots to take because she was posing in a very slutty way as if to say 'come and get it boys'. Her face was completely dead and she seemed very bored, pushing her breasts out in her very gorgeous olive dress.

"I need more elegance and less sex," I instructed.

All my instructions were going in one ear and out the other with Tina. She continued to ignore my instructions and kept giving me the same slutty poses, which was frustrating because she was actually detracting from the whole point of the photo shoot. I wasn't shooting a Playboy model. I was supposed to be shooting a high fashion couture model.

"So, you get paid to hang around a set all day and shoot hot girls in expensive dresses you'd never wear?" Syn asked, appearing beside me.

"Looks like it," I replied curtly, trying to focus on the task at hand.

"I'm surprised to see you actually enjoying this job," he said.

"Oh and why's that? Because I'm shooting models in designer clothing?" I asked through a dry laugh.

"Exactly. I remember your other photography jobs that were more about taking pictures of bands rather than shooting fashion models," he said.

"Well, I did both when I was in Europe and Japan but it turned out the fashion industry paid more so I always went with them," I replied.

"So what's the whole point of this shoot?" he asked.

"It's a play on 'Alice in Wonderland' but instead of Alice, the models are acting the part, showing off their simple evening dress in this crazy, pretend world," I explained, clicking a few photos of Tina.

I could tell by the expression on her face that she wasn't too happy that I was talking to Syn. It wasn't like I asked him to come over and talk. I was actually trying to work when he decided to strike up a random conversation. It was irritating to death that he was distracting me from my job and even worse when his presence started to greatly affect Tina's modeling. Her grimacing and glaring was completely ruining my shots of her even more than the slutty poses, causing most of the girls to talk amongst themselves about the shots.

"Ok, I've had enough of this," I said frustratingly, pulling the camera from my face.

"What?" Syn asked in confusion.

"You're girlfriend isn't giving me the shot I need. If I needed Playboy modeling, I would've taken the job they offered me," I sighed. "Ok, hold up!" I called out, walking out onto the set with Kellie in tow. I handed her my camera as I approached Tina. "Do you understand the whole point of this photo shoot?" I asked her point blankly.

"Of course I do! I'm not stupid," she replied snottily, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Then why aren't you showing me what I want? I need sophistication, elegance, poise, sexiness all rolled into one little package because these dresses are exactly all those things," I explained to her.

"I was giving you sexy," she argued.

"No, what you were giving me was very Playboy bunny type modeling," I told her. "Here, let me demonstrate what you were doing," I said, walking over to the large blue mushroom on set.

I grabbed the top of it, arching my back so my butt and chest were sticking out. I changed it up to leaning over the top of the mushroom so that the cleavage would be hanging all out like it was in Tina's dress when she posed like that. I hiked my leg up on top of the mushroom, twisting my body toward the camera direction with my hands on my hips. Finally, I stood in front of her with my legs spread apart and started touching my bust line and legs in a very over sexualized fashion. I noticed Syn staring at me with a smirk on his face as I mimicked Tina's modeling, slightly licking his lips which caused me to drop my arms, rolling my eyes at his suggestive mannerisms.

"That's what you were giving me and it's not looking good in your film. I need grace and elegance while being sexy," I explained. "Something like this," I said, demonstrating some basic poses that would serve as what I had been looking for from her.

"That looks stupid," she said with a look of disgust.

"This is what high fashion looks like," I told her. "If you're gonna be shooting high fashion editorials then this is what you're gonna have to do if you wanna keep booking jobs," I explained.

"You're just trying to make me look bad because you're jealous," she sneered.

"No Tina, I'm not. I'm telling you the truth and I'm actually being rather patient with you considering your lack of cooperation. A lot of other photographers would have fired you for talking back," I informed her.

"You're just jealous that I'm with Syn and you're taking it out on me with this modeling thing. I'm not falling for that. I won't let you sabotage me," she argued. "I know I look good."

"Il Luciana, cammina sopra la serie per favore. (Luciana, come to the set please)" I said loudly, gesturing with my arm.

Luciana walked up to the set, slightly confused looking between me and Tina. She was still wearing her little, white dress. I smiled at her, trying to rid myself of the annoyance I felt with Tina at the moment so I could finish the photo shoot.

"Mostrarmi elegante sexy. (Show me elegant sexy)" I instructed her in Italian. She complied with my request, posing in a very similar fashion as I had been doing. I smiled and gave her further instructions, "E la grazia sofisticata (And sophisticated grace)"

Luciana kept giving me different types of poses, all very awkward angles and weird movements that would great gorgeous shots while also working her eyes and face. Tina watched in amazement as Luciana moved fluidly, holding each pose for three seconds before changing it up.

"Grazi Luciana," I smiled at her.

She nodded with a small smile and walked off the set towards the monitors again. I looked back to Tina, who was looking slightly upset with the fact that I've proved her wrong. I kept the smugness I felt to myself before speaking to her again.

"So this time, I want you to mimic what Luciana just did so we can get a gorgeous shot of you, alright?" I asked.

She nodded curtly, rolling her eyes once again as I heavily sighed. I took my camera back from Kellie and turned back towards my mark, gesturing with my hand to cue up the music and lights once again. I slightly pushed Syn aside, as he was standing in my spot, and turned back around to see Tina, trying to apply her best editorial poses. Sighing once again, I started snapping shots of her, trying to find something that worked.

"I really wish your girlfriend took lessons from 'America's Next Top Model'," I told Syn.

"You looked really good posing up there Dee," he told me. "Like you could've been one of the models."

"Well, working on a set like this in Europe was bound to teach me a few things," I laughed. "Now only if Tina would apply this lesson to her shoot, she would look stunning," I said.

"She thought that maybe you would try and make her look bad in her shots," he said.

"Oh come on! I'm not that shady. I'm professional when I'm working, no matter who the models are. I'm not the kind of person that does things like that," I scoffed.

"I know that. I told her that and she remained convinced that you were out to get her though," he sighed. "That's why I'm here. I'm making sure you don't mess up her photo shoot," he said.

Without having seen his face, I knew that by the tone of his voice he had rolled his eyes. It really made me wonder why he was with her if he didn't really respect her that much. Every time I saw them together when they knew I wasn't looking, it seemed like a very dull relationship. She would be talking away at him while he would try to find some other kind of distraction. It made no sense to me but I didn't give it much thought since it wasn't my relationship. There was obviously some kind of appeal for him there. I just didn't see it.

"That's mighty big of you," I laughed. "What about practice?"

"Postponed for the day," he replied. "If I hadn't have shown up, Tina would've thrown a bitch fit. She's the kind of girl that hates when she doesn't get her way," he told me.

"Sounds kind of familiar," I teased.

"I wasn't that bad," he laughed.

"No, you weren't but I can recall a few times where you were Mr. Grumpypants if you didn't get exactly what you wanted," I said.

"I always let you get your way around me," he said seriously.

"I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about the time Johnny kicked your ass in that epic Tekken game that seemed to last for days on end," I laughed.

"I told him that it would be better for him if he just let me win. He didn't listen though, which resulted in his severe ass whopping," he said. "I gave him a warning."

"I always felt bad for young Johnny because you guys were so hard on him all the time. It's a wonder that he doesn't have brain damage from the abuse," I said.

"Well, he's acquired that through his drinking now so he's still abnormal," he laughed.

I slightly pulled the camera away from my face and glanced at Syn, who was smiling one of the genuine Brian smiles on his face. It dawned on me that we had been conversing normally without any fighting or anything like that, which was weird for me. Looking at him like that, it brought me back to the times before he transformed into the monster known as Synyster Gates, a time when we were happy. I missed that side of it. I missed the funny, nice guy that used to be the love of my life.

I shook my head slightly, realizing I had been staring for a while at him. He was staring at me with just as much shock and confusion as I had because it was evident all over his face. I quickly looked away from him and back to the set, stepping forward so I was closer to the fantasy world and further away from Syn.

"Alright I need everyone out on the set," I called out, gesturing for everyone to come out to the set. "We'll finish up the group shots and be done with this for the day!"

The models walked out onto the set, dispersing themselves evenly throughout the set as I went back to my mark, ignoring Syn's presence beside me and focusing in on the lens of my camera. I started snapping photos of all the girls, trying my best to get good shots of them. Madonna's 'Vogue' could be heard loudly through the speakers, which seemed perfect for the end of the shoot as everyone's energy on set was suddenly uplifted.

I still couldn't figure out my conversation withBrianSyn because before, we would bicker incessantly about little things, eventually causing anger in one another. Today, it was very awkward when we started talking but then it turned into a very comfortable conversation about past times. He almost seemed like a nice person when he was making small side conversation. It was very confusing because it brought up more feelings that I knew were bad for me at this time, especially since he wasn't really a nice person anymore.

The rest of the photo shoot, I found myself wondering what was going on with him. Why did he suddenly seem like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with his personality? What did this mean for our future conversations? At these thoughts, I suddenly wished I had just signed the papers to get out of his life quickly. If I had done that, I wouldn't have had to deal with this horrible awkward feeling between us as well as the tingeing pain in my heart from the constant reminder of how easily he moved on. I definitely wasn't going to have more awkward conversation with him anymore. It just messed with my emotions too much and that was the last thing I needed.

"Alright, it's a wrap ladies!" I called out, pulling the camera away from my face with a big smile.

'Thank God this days is over. I need a drink,' I thought to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
[Title Credit: Madonna]

Thanks to everyone who's commented, read, and subscribed. Seriously, it means a lot to me to know that people are reading this story. =] I'm glad that so many people are enjoying it and everyone's feedback is very appreciated.

And on that note, NINE STARS! Man, I wasn't expecting that kind of reception to this story but man, it feels good. Thanks a lot everyone. You're the ones that brought me there and it makes me feel very accomplished so thank you.

Now, I don't know when the next update will be but I'll try to make it soon. Hopefully this week isn't as hectic with the homework. =]

Enjoy.