Break Down

03

I was late for trig and yes, it was embarrassing, again what I hate about the first day. But at least I was late because of Jake.

“Late for your first class is never a good sign Miss. Take a seat” Mr. Barker said grouchily as he pointed at a seat at the back of the class.

“First day is always a bummer” said a girl seated right beside my table.

“My name’s Jenny” she continued smiling.

“Hey…I agree first day sucks and so does school and my name’s Heather” I said

“Unless you have something to share in class I suggest you two keep quiet.” Mr. Barker said slamming the book he was holding in front of him and rubbing his temples. No one looked back at me or Jenny. It was weird. Scenes like these always end up with more embarrassment but I guess everyone’s used to it since well it’s our junior year.

Jenny and I kept our mouths closed the whole time since we didn’t want him to give him a lecture. Everything was going well until my phone buzzed. It meant someone just texted. I was kinda bored so I grabbed my phone and checked out who sent me a message. Oh wasn’t I lucky. It was Alex Gaskarth. The message said:

Hey…sorry about bumping you earlier this morning and I hope I’m not disturbing you in any way but I just want you to know that I was stupid and that I’m very sorry. I can’t take anymore of this ignoring crap. Why can’t it be like it was before? I know I cheated on you and that was wrong but I’d do anything to take it back. Please give me another shot…

<3 Alex

Again he tries to win me back. I can’t believe my brother could forgive him for what he did to me. I can’t believe he’d start coming back to our house to have a stupid band practice with him as the stupid lead vocalist and his stupid voice and his stupid self that won my heart once. I was a fool to believe that a guy like him was meant for a girl like me and I was proven wrong because if we really were meant for each other, I wouldn’t be in this situation right now. But I was pushed away from my thoughts when suddenly Mr. Barker appeared right in front of me.

“You’re a trouble maker aren’t you Miss, what’s your name?” he asked

“Heather Barakat, sir” I said looking down at the table.

“Well rule number one for your information Miss Barakat, No Cellphones Allowed!!” he screamed and took away my phone. I wanted to scream but I held it in. Stupid Alex always getting me into trouble… he is so gonna get it from me when I get home tonight…

Luckily Mr. Barker didn’t give me detention and he gave back my phone after class. I had one more subject before lunch and I was excited. Not only because I get to take a break but because I was gonna be with Jake again. I went to my next class and let time slip by.

40 Minutes Later

Finally! Lunch is here, my favorite subject. I placed my books in my locker and skipped to the cafeteria filled with a lot of people. I got my lunch and sat on an empty table. I didn’t really feel like eating so I just grabbed my phone and started texting.

“Is this seat taken?” Jake asked.