I'm Not a Killer

Decisions

Ada didn't want Kieran to leave. Even though he had kidnapped her, she felt a lot safer with him than any of the people here. She watched him leave, holding back a sob.

"Adelaide."

Her head snapped round to see who was talking. It was a woman much younger than most of the other people there, in her mid-twenties. She smiled. Ada had to resist the temptation to shiver.

"I'm Belle," the woman said, looking at - through - Ada with emerald eyes. She smiled again, a sparkle in her eyes. Her lips were very red. Very very red. She was very pretty, with shiny chestnut hair that fell in waves around her shoulders.

"Um..." Ada said, unsure of what to say. She was sure she shouldn't lie, so pleased to meet you was out of the question. "Hello."

Belle smiled yet again. Ada thought she smiled too much. "Pleased to meet you, Ada. Very pleased."

"That's enough Belle," said the Gentleman. He looked at Ada. "You have a choice, Ada. Are you listening?"

Ada nodded.

"Yes sir," said Reece.

"Yes sir." whispered Ada, through dry, cracked lips.

The Gentleman continued in his softly dangerous voice. "You can work for us. Or you can't. It's that simple. But if you don't work for us, I'm afraid I'll have to kill you." He smiled. "Not me personally, of course. I wouldn't waste my time killing you, no matter how satisfying it would be."

Ada swallowed.

"Your answer. Now."

"I'll...work for you," Ada said, her voice almost inaudible.

The Gentleman smiled, and clapped his hands together. "Good, good. Now then, Belle, take her away. I don't want to waste any more time on her."

Belle nodded, and took Ada's wrist, her long, sharp nails digging into her skin. "Let's go."

Ada was too frightened to ask where.