Status: Somewhat active

Starts With A Needle

Step nine

"Why does he keep popping up here?" I complained to Sarah, who's head was currently hanging upside down off the end of my bed. I felt her shrug. Groaning, I lay back and flipped on the TV that hung off the ceiling adjacent to my feet. After flipping through channels for nearly an hour, I sighed and turned it off, reaching into my bag for my MP3 player. Thank God this thing has built in speakers. I hit the next button after putting it on shuffle. No One Care by Atreyu came on, and Sarah and I beamed at each other before the words started.
(I'm so tired)

All riled up, I can taste the winter.
I would shut up, if I thought that it mattered.

That's what it feels like,
when you're stitched into the skin.
I feel stuck, and no one thinks something's missing.
(Something's missing)

No one cares, no one listens,
screaming words that you fake hearin'.
No one cares, no one listens anymore
(No one listens anymore)

My eyes burn as I bury how I'm feelin'
close my eyes it's my life that I've been stealing
if it's all right, why do I feel a sense of longing
I had it all, and yet I thought that something's missin'
something's missing

No one cares, no one listens
screaming words that you fake hearin'
no one cares
no one listens anymore

[Chorus x2]

So paranoid I've been hiding from the sun
I'm tired of being afraid of everything and everyone
Oh, so tired

No one cares, no one listens
screaming words that you fake hearin'
no one cares
no one listens anymore

[Chorus x3]

By the end, both of us were singing at the top of our lungs, and headbanging. We both turned when we heard clapping, to see a laughing Dr. Snow. I grabbed Sarah's hand, and we both bowed. "Thank you, thank you for coming out here!" Sarah rolled her eyes at me while I was being stupid, but I was used to that.
"I...Just came in to say you're free to go." He said, laughter finally dying out. He noticed my pout. "Aw don't be like that. You know you're parent's will figure it out if you stay here too long." I sighed. He was right. I pressed pause on my my MP3 player, and gathered up the rest of my stuff. Wrapping my arms around Simon's waist, waving goodbye from behind my head as I went through the door.
"Last one to Hot Topic has to pay for everything!" Sarah called. I smirked at her.
"You're so losing. I'm not paying fifty dollars for a new hobo bag." We looked at each other for a moment, before sprinting for the stairs. "Bye everyone!" I called over my shoulder.
~*~*~
Just barely in the lead, the store came into view. Using the last bit of my energy, I pushed myself to go a bit faster. "AHAHAH! I GET A NEW HOBO BAG! YAY!" Sarah came wheezing up to me.
"I'll never understand how you have so much energy DJ. Which bag was..it?" I skipped over to it, while Sarah braced herself against her knees. And when we go don't blame us, yeah. We let the fires just bathe us, ye- I picked up my phone, holding it to my ear while standing on my toes to reach the most amazing My Chemical Romance bag I had ever seen.
"H-ello?" My speech kept getting cut off, since I was now jumping up and down. "God dammit. I just need to be like one inch taller!" I muttered, forgetting about the person on the other end since they weren't talking. "Okay, either you say something, or I'm hanging up." I waited a few seconds, and then pressed the red button not hearing a small WAIT!
Once the phone was safely in my pocket, I jumped on last time, and the bag fell right on my head. "Yay! Here you go Sarah!" I handed it to her carefully, smirking at her. She sighed when she saw the price tag, but paid for it anyway. We left the store, and I pulled off the tags, throwing away the plastic bag. Pulling the bag onto my shoulder, with my cell in it, I said; "I pretty much feel complete now."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry...tis so short >.<