Shameless

Remembering Sunday

A 'smack' noise echoed through my bedroom as I slapped Alex across the face.

And thats when I totally broke down.

I collapsed into his strong frame, sobbing.

Shockingly, he still held me up.

"I'm so sorry, Lily," he said, stroking my hair, "I shouldn't have done that to you."

I tried to say something, but I just ended up crying harder.

"I did mean what I said though, Lilliana, I still love you. And I always will," he continued, "And even after all this time, nothing would make me happier than to have you as my wife."

I looked up into his eyes. I wanted to say something, ANYTHING. But I couldn't get words to come out.

He kissed the top of my head and simply continued to hold me, letting me cry.

He began to mumble the lyrics to Remembering Sunday.

"Forgive me, I'm trying to find, my calling, I'm calling at night.
I don't mean to be a bother, but have you seen this girl?"

He was tracing small circles on my lower back with his finger.

"She's been running through my dreams, and it's driving me crazy it seems, I'm gonna ask her to marry me. The neighbors said she moved away, funny how it rained all day. I didn't think much of it then but it's starting to all make sense. Oh, I can see now, that all of these clouds are following me in my desperate endeavor, to find my whoever, wherever she may be..."

And then I joined in, whispering. "I'm not coming back, I've done something so terrible, I'm terrified to speak, but you'd expect that from me, I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt.. Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair and out of my mind, keeping an eye on the world... So many thousands of feet off the ground..." And then I looked up and he kissed me.

It was the most story-book moment of my life.

But, of course, it just had to die.

When are you gonna give it up?
You're giving me such a rush,
Come on Holly, would you turn me on?


I laughed and answered the phone.

"Hey Holly," I said.

"Mom," she sobbed, "I need you to come get me."

"What's wrong?" I asked, pulling away from Alex and becoming very concerned.

"Dad... Jace followed... his face..." She was now sobbing uncontrollably.

"I'm coming baby, I'll be there in a few minutes." I hung up.

"You coming?" I asked Alex.

He grabbed his car keys and we bolted down the stairs and into the rainy evening.

We got in the car and sped towards the Merrick house.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAHAH she slapped him(:
ohhkay, so find your opinions, and tell them to me.
LOVE YOU ALLLL.
xx,
Paige