Contact With Other Galaxies

You Shine Brighter

From the time we got home from lunch until the minute Patrick rang the doorbell I was doing numerous,probably unecessary, things to get myself ready. I changed into the outfit Dilyn and I had picked out at the mall, fixed my hair, and did my make up. As I was putting the finishing touches on my makeup I heard the doorbell ring. Here we go I thought to myself.

I walked down the stairs to find Patrick sitting on the couch talking to Dilyn about the tour they had just completed. When Patrick finally noticed me and looked up a soft smile spread across his face. I love that smile.

"You ready to go?" I asked grabbing my purse of the table in the living room.
"Sure, the guys are downstairs in the car." Patrick said as he stood and shook hands with Dilyn before taking my hand and leading me out the door.

Patrick opened the door of the black SUV for me. When I looked in I saw Joe and his girlfriend in the back. I climbed in and squished so Patrick could fit in next to me. Andy was driving and Pete was sitting in the front passenger seat.

"Hey!" Pete greeted me enthusiastically.
"Hi Pete," I smiled.
"How are you after your little run in at the diner?" Pete questioned reaching back and turning my head so he could check for a mark from where Jackson had smacked me.
"Better than Patrick it looks like," I said with a smile and a nod towards his black and blue mark on his jaw.
"It was worth it." Patrick said squezzing my hand.

After a nice dinner with the guys Patrick and I seperated from the group and went to starbucks, where were were greeted by a horde of paparazzi.
"PATRICK! Give us a smile," Some of them yelled.
"What happened to your chin? Whose the girl?" Otheres yelled.
Patrick just kept his head down and kept walking.
We ordered our coffee and choose a booth in the corner where we would have more privacy, we chated and sipped our coffee.

"Maxy I want you to know something," Patrick said with a deep breath,"out of all the shows I've played and all the girls I've met none of them were quite like you. None of them made me feel this good when I was with them. If I had to give up the band and everything I knew for you tomorrow, I don't think I would hesitate at all."