Monster Love

Chapter One - The Only Chapter

"Ryyyan..."

"What?" Ryan mumbled, preoccupied with the book he was currently reading. A figure appeared in the back lounge entrance.

"Have you tried this stuff?" A black and green can was shoved in front of his face. He raised one eyebrow in curiosity.

"No, Brendon."

Brendon's jaw dropped. "Seriously? It's really good!" The younger boy bounced up and down, grinning.

"What kind of drink is that, anyway?"

"It's an energy drink! With caffeine and everything!"

Ryan's eyes widened. Brendon plus any form of caffeine never equaled anything good. Especially in confined areas.

Like the one they were in right now.

Brendon pushed Ryan's book out of his hands and plopped down on his lap. "Try some, Ry." He held the drink out for Ryan to take.

The older boy blushed and averted his gaze to the floor. "No, thanks."

"Why not?" Brendon took a sip, "I'm drinking it and I didn't explode or anything yet."

"I just...You need to get off of me," Ryan demanded, and pushed against Brendon. He didn't budge.

"I'm not getting off until you try some of this."

Ryan's blush deepened. He crossed his arms in front of his chest defiantly. "Well I'm not trying that crap until you get off of me." Honestly, deep down, he didn't really mind that Brendon was sitting on him. He kind of enjoyed it, actually. But that was something that Brendon didn't need to know.

And thus, the silent war began. Ryan kept his arms crossed and glared at Brendon, who just smirked back in-between sips of the energy drink. Neither one of the boys wanted to be the first one to speak, and in turn, give up and let the other win. The silence that had developed between them was almost unbearable, to the point where Ryan was thinking about saying something just to say something. However, he was saved by Spencer popping his head in and speaking.

"Hey, you guys wanna - uh...what are you doing?"

"Oh, nothing, my dear Spencer," Brendon replied nonchalantly, "I was just trying to get Ryan to try a Monster." He downed the last of the can's contents and wiped at his mouth. "But now he can't. Too bad...now he'll have to carry me around everywhere until I buy another one..."

Oh hell no, Ryan thought, I'm not carrying you fat butt anywhere. Swiftly, he turned Brendon's face toward him and crashed the singer's lips against his own.

Where did this come from? Brendon thought silently, surprised. He wasn't going to complain, though. He dropped the empty Monster on the ground and slung his arms around the guitarist's neck, scooching his body closer to Ryan's. Ryan responded by gliding his tongue along Brendon's bottom lip, begging for entrance. When that entrance was granted to him, he slipped inside Brendon's warm mouth and immediately found the other boy's tongue. The two began fighting for dominance, but were forced apart a few minutes later from lack of air. Both of their faces were flushed.

While catching his breath, Ryan faintly tasted a carbonated substance on his tongue. He grinned.

"There, I tried your stupid drink, now get off." He pushed Brendon unceremoniously off of his lap to an empty spot on the couch next to him.

Brendon pouted. "No fair...you didn't drink it from the can."

"But I tasted it, so I win," Ryan shot back, smiling. The singer smiled back at him.

"Fine." He rested his head on Ryan's shoulder. "But, did it taste good like I told you it would?"

Ryan thought for a moment. "Actually, it wasn't that bad. You'll have to get me one some time."

"Alright, but on one condition."

"And what's that?"

"Let me kiss you when you're done with it."

The guitarist chuckled quietly. "Deal." He kissed the top of Brendon's head.

"I love you, Brendon."

"I love you too, Ryan."

- - - - -

Unbeknownst to Brendon and Ryan, Spencer had taped the entire kiss and following conversation. Jon didn't believe it until he watched the tape. By the end, he was smiling widely.

"Took them long enough, eh?"

Spencer nodded. He then got an evil idea and grinned.

"Maybe we should put this on YouTube."

"One step ahead of you," Jon said, pulling out his laptop and opening it. YouTube was already up and waiting for a video to be uploaded.

"You are so evil."

"I know."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this really makes no sense...