Breaking Down the Unbreakable

Like a Good Neighbor...I'm INVADING!

"You suck. So much!" So remember how I can put a guy on his back in a few seconds flat and not feel bad about it? Well, that's not the case with my grandfather. So when my grandpa held me down while Avery grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder, I couldn't do a whole lot.
And I'm not kidding. My 16-year-old brother is a football player, like Jackson, only he's a little smarter, so me being a petite 5'4" is nothing compared to his beefed-up 6'2". And unlike Jackson, he had the same training as I did. I mean, he's my brother, and he knows my tricks.
Stupid brother.
So there I was being carried from my house to the house next door with my ass in the air and my hair getting all messed up.
"I swear Avery if you fart I will kick your ass."
"Riles, Shut up." That's my brother for you. Always the conversationalist.
"Avery, I'll give you twenty bucks if you let me go."
"Can't do that."
"Why not? I know you need the money."
"Grandpa already paid me a hundred to get you there."
"Piece of-" Avery pushed me up higher onto his shoulder as we walked up the steps to the Rider house. "Avery I will never say anything bad about you ever again, and I'll do your chores for a year and I'll change my name so no one knows we're related if you just let me go."
"Riley. I'm serious. Shut up." And with that I was on my feet again standing in front of a big White door being gripped by the shoulders waiting as a hyper call sounded from inside.
"Oh, coming. I'll be right there. Don't move a muscle." If only she knew the half of it.
And soon enough the door was swinging open to reveal a tall slender blonde in jeans and a pink shirt with an apron saying Kiss the Cook. God I hope that wasn't some weird thing I would have to do.
"Oh, I'm so excited you're all here." She clapped her hands together smiling at me, and I was finding myself thinking that it was like a really bad horror movie. And then I found myself thinking of all the ways I could escape from the house or injure myself and make it look like an accident. "Please. Come in."
I didn't want to. But with the 230 lb guy shoving me through the doorway I didn't have much choice. But just because I was forced to be there, didn't mean I was going to play happy house guest.
"So I'm making Lasagna, I hope that's okay."
"It sounds wonderful." My grandpa smiled. He was such a poop. I love my grandpa, but right now, he was a tool in my demise. Somehow I had to believe that Seth had something to do with this. I'd get him for it too!
And speak of the devil, who should walk down the stairs but Seth Rider himself. I glared with everything I had in me. If looks could kill, he'd be buried so far in the ground not even the worms could get to him.
"Oh, Seth. Why don't you take Avery and Riley and show them around?"
"Sure thing mom."
And he turned and walked away. Without so much as a "follow me" or a "this way" or even a "let's get this over with."
But because Avery still had a pretty good hold on my shoulders I was slowly cursing my feet for betraying me. I heard Mrs. Rider sing "They're such nice kids." as we walked away. And I wanted to slap her and ask who she was trying to kid.
But I couldn't since I soon found myself in a room on the second floor at the very back. It seemed like this was the entertainment or wreck room or something. Figures the butt head would be pretty loaded too.
"So this is the entertainment room. Bathroom's down the hall." He pointed to a door on the right side of the long hallway and flopped down on a couch near a small kitchen-like area.
"Dude, this is awesome." Figures now that I was trapped in a house with the guy I despised that my stupid brother would let me go. Avery walked around the room inspecting all the electronics and things placed around the room. It was pretty cool that there was a whole room devoted to entertainment, but I wasn't about to admit that out loud.
I stood as still as I could hoping maybe somehow I'd be able to disappear. It didn't work.
"Annoyed yet?" I blinked and looked over at Seth lounging on the couch, feet propped up on the table in front of him and a soda in hand.
"Don't talk to me." I didn't want to deal with him. Which, of course, meant that he was going to chose that time to get under my skin. But I wouldn't let that happen. No matter how much I wanted to punch him, I wouldn't.
"Yeah, I figured as much." He smirked. I hated that stupid facial expression with such a passion I wouldn't be surprised if my hair was on fire.
"Dude, this shit is amazing." Avery was standing studying the stereo, television and the surround sound speakers. "I would kill to have this stuff."
"Yeah, we just got the stereo last week. It's so intense."
As the boys faded off into a conversation, I took my time to look around the room. There was all the typical stuff, like video games and DVD's and things to the right, but there was also a pool table in the center and there was a small kitchen complete with a refrigerator, microwave and a sink to the right next to the couches Seth had been sitting on previously. The room was like a small apartment almost.
I chose that time to make my exit.
"I'm going to use the restroom." I called over my shoulder, but Avery wasn't as distracted as I thought.
"Five minutes and I'm going to come look for you!" I rolled my eyes telling him he sucked before leaving and making my way to the bathroom. I threw some water on my face and adjusted my hair trying to convince myself it was only one night.
I looked at my cell phone noticing I'd been gone about a minute, so I decided I would take a look around.
I walked all the way down the hall and started looking in the rooms. The first couple were pretty boring. 2 closets, his parents' room, and then I hit the bathroom. I came back to the entertainment room, but didn't want to go back in yet, so I headed to the other side of the hall.
That's when it got interesting. There were only 2 doors on this side.
The first one was a room twice as big as my room and covered in pink. There were Barbie's and other dolls strewn across the floor and a Beauty and the Beast bed.
I took a few steps inside and saw 3 picture frames on the dresser. The first was a picture of Mrs. Rider with a man I could only assume was Seth's dad. I knew where Seth got his looks from. The man was about 6 inches taller than Mrs. Rider was with thick black hair, an amazing smile and Seth's deep blue eyes.
There next one was a picture of a young girl maybe 6-years old sitting and posing for a picture. It was one of those ones where a parent brings a child to get their picture taken and the photographer poses them to look extremely uncomfortable with a beach ball or something. The small blonde was holding a seashell sitting in front of an ocean shore at sunset. She looked like a young version of Mrs. Rider and I could reasonably assume this was Seth's younger sister. I didn't know he had one, but the clues were definitely pointing towards sister.
The last one was the one I found the more intriguing. It was a picture of 2 people. The small blonde was kneeling on the sand with a small plastic green shovel in one hand smiling too wide and pointing at the other person buried in the sand. The boy was a nonexistent body with just a head popping out of the sand.
The boy was smiling such an amazing smile I wasn't sure who he was at first. But as I looked closer there was no denying who it was.
That's when the one person who'd hate to know I knew he could smile walked through the door of the room.
And I was caught like a deer in the headlights holding a picture frame in my hand.
And smiling like a goofball.
I think someone spiked my water, because I couldn't keep the smile from spreading.
Then I knew someone had slipped me something because I started laughing.
And not the oh Ha Ha, that was funny kind of laugh.
I was clutching my sides and I'm pretty sure a tear fell from my eye.
Seth's expression said everything I knew he was thinking, and he confirmed it by opening his mouth.
"You are the weirdest person I have ever met."
♠ ♠ ♠
So let me know what you think! It helps me write faster!
Love you all!
~Tracicita~