Breaking Down the Unbreakable

Seriously! You Want to Keep Your Job!

Being an Aide is both fun and boring at the same time. I mean it's a free period. All I do is walk around delivering call slips and summons. Every once in a while I'll have to take a file to a teacher.
But it sucks when there isn't anything to be delivered.
And it sucks even more when there are a lot of things to deliver.
Oh, did I mention we have to be with a partner? No? Well we do.
Who's my partner? Oh, you'll laugh.
Jackson Summers.
Yeah, you know. The guy I flattened on the pavement yesterday? That's him!
"Here, you take this half and I'll take this half, and we'll meet back here when we're both done." He handed me half of the stack, pointed to the fountain in the middle of the courtyard we were standing next to, and walked away from me toward the math building.
"Wimp." I stuck my tongue out at his back and headed to the music building. I know it was childish, but I didn't have any better options at the moment.
After passing out all my slips, I headed back to the fountain and took a seat, waiting for him to get back.
I waited nearly 15 minutes before I saw him strolling up looking quite pleased with himself. He opened his mouth to speak, but I stopped him.
"Look, I have a feeling I don't want to know. So just don't tell me, and I can die happy."
"How do you know?"
"Trust me, I've been around guys since birth. Most of them just older than you. I know how most guys operate." I pointed at my head and headed back to the office.
"Then you know I haven't been alone since I passed all my slips out." I grimaced.
"I told you I don't want details. I don't want to know what happens in your personal life, because frankly I don't really care, just leave me out of it."
"You know you want to b in my life. Everyone wants to be in these arms."
"Then I guess I'm not everyone. And you know what? I. Don't. Care!" I turned to face him. "If I wanted to be with you, I'd be crazy, because no girls should ever lower herself so much that she's attracted to your egotistical brain-dead self."
I turned on my heel and walked back into the office grabbing my bag and heading off to the math building as the bell rang for 2nd.
Being an aide for a teacher is definitely better than being one for the office. I mean, there's only me. Besides dealing with the stupid students in the class, I can ignore them and do my work.
"Hey Rye Bread, what's new?" Ali plopped down in her desk, while I sorted through some papers. "What in the world are you doing?"
"Oh, Mr. Carter is letting me be an aide in this class remember?" I'd told Ali about how I'd finished my academic schooling early.
"Remind me again why you didn't just graduate early?" She pulled her IPod from her pocket and switched the song before looking at me for an answer.
"It was either finish out high school like this, or spend the remainder of my high school time in training camps with my dad." I shuffled the papers, now in alphabetical order into one pile so I could begin recording the grades in the grade book.
"With hot guys! I can't believe you would chose this."
"Ali. You don't realize how hard it is to flirt with a guy when you're both crawling under barbed wire and standing in a gun range. Most guys between 19 and 21 would rather stare at a super model than a 15-year-old shooting a gun."
"Yes, but you're not 15 anymore. You're almost 18. I mean, seriously, I'm sure the guys would be all over you!"
"You forget to factor in that my dad is one of the officers training them."
"Right, high school it is." We both let out a laugh as Mr. Carter began the lesson for the day.
Once I had finished all the recording, I placed the papers in the file folders for each student so they could pick them up. Mr. Carter had a pretty good idea of how to be organized, even if his plan wasn't succeeding.
I sat back down about 10 minutes before the class ended. I was glad I didn't have to listen to Barbie's complaint that day, because right before they started doing the homework for that night, Mr. Carter asked me to take something up to the office for him.
"I need you to give this to Mr. Price." He smiled at me and I shuffled out the door. Goody.
It took about a minute to get to the office, and hand Mr. Price the envelope, but I wasn't so fortunate on the way back out.
"Ah, Miss Hart." Seriously, do they teach you to be creepy at Vice Principal school,. because his smile was seriously freaking me out! "How's school going? I trust we won't have a repeat of yesterday again."
"Mr. Price, I don't look for ways to get into trouble. They just find me somehow. And what would be the fun in never having a little adventure to look forward to. I mean, if no one ever did anything wrong, you wouldn't have a job." I smiled, and that only confused him more. The words screamed sarcasm, but the innocent face whispered sweet.
"Just please, try to keep your special training to yourself."
"I'll do my very best!" I saluted him and strolled out, somewhat pleased with how I'd handled the situation.
I thought about it, and the day was going pretty well. I mean, besides the stupid ride this morning, the day was pretty good. The weather was perfect, I hadn't killed anyone, and I hadn't seen Seth since I escaped from his car that morning.
Oh, darn. Scratch that. There he is.
Seth was sitting on the stool I'd occupied not even an hour ago. And to top it off, he was staring at me again. I was hoping he'd be distracted. But then again, Luck has never really been on my side.
"Hello." He said. Hello? That had to be code, for I planted a bomb in your back pack and the next time you open it, you'll be blasted into the next country.
"Hi." Damn my reflexes.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it's kinda just a filler, but I still like it...
Let me know what you think!
And I might not be able to get one up tomorrow...I have a huge Economics Project due for a final grade on Wed. but I'll try!
~Tracicita~