Breaking Down the Unbreakable

The Newest School...Has Cute Boys!

He pulled up to the front office, and I hopped out, telling him I'd walk home and I needed to get a car. Of course, he laughed as he drove away. The idea of me with a car scared him a little I think. I sauntered into the school's office and walked up to the secretary's desk. She was an older lady with graying blonde hair pulled up into a loose bun. Her name plate said Violet Rollins.
"Ms. Rollins?" She peeked up from the book she'd been reading. I peered down to see it was one of those romance novels with Fabio posing on the front holding some skinny blonde.
"May I help you dear?" She placed the book down with a strategically placed paper on top.
"My name's Riley Hart. I'm a new student." She smiled at me almost like she was telling me I'd be ok with her eyes. That was a comforting thought.
"Oh, yes dear." She shuffled around some papers before pulling up a half sheet of blue paper. "Yes, here it is. Mr. Price has all of your information. His office is right through that door."
I turned to the door she pointed at before smiling and thanking her. Once I knocked I heard a male voice from behind the door telling me to enter.
"Mr. Price?" I peered in to see a middle-aged man sitting behind a desk typing away at his computer.
"Ah yes, Miss Hart." He smiled at me. "Please have a seat."
He stood up, rifling through a filing cabinet before bringing out a manila folder I could only assume had my name on it. It was a little bigger than average I think.
"Here we are. Miss Hart, your grandfather came in and filled out all your necessary forms yesterday, so I guess all that's left is for you to get to class." He pulled out a few papers from the folder.
"Here's your schedule, a map of the school, and a bell schedule." He handed me the papers smiling. "I supposed I should introduce myself. I'm Mr. Price the Vice Principle here at Robinson. I'm in charge of discipline and attendance. I've looked over your record, and I'm hoping you're planning to keep up the clean streak you've got going."
He let out a friendly laugh, and I tried to fake one along with him, but the truth was, he was making me uncomfortable. I haven't been in any major trouble at the past 2 schools I've been to. I think that's mostly due to the fact I was only at them for a few months each.
I've been to more schools than I cared to remember, and I usually made a permanent imprint in one of the detention chairs before the end of the first week. Usually I spent more time in the office than in class.
Though I took all the classes I needed to graduate with by the time I was a freshman. But it's weird enough for me being the new kid everywhere I go, so I try to keep the fact that I'm retaking classes I've aced already a secret from most of the other people around me.
He let out a cough so as to mask his laughter a bit.
"Well, then it's off to class with you. Right now it's about 20 minutes into 2nd hour. Would you like an escort, or are you alright by yourself?" He glanced at me letting me speak for the first time.
"Thank you, but I think I'll be fine. I have a pretty good sense of direction." Actually I got lost really easily, but hey, I didn't want some overly hyper freak from the ASB following me around all day. Awkward!
I gave a small smile before standing and walking out of his office and out into the campus. The campus was amazing to say the least. For a public school, I mean. The school was open and two-stories and painted in green and black, the Robinson Bear colors.
Holding the map in front of me like a freshman, I found my 2nd hour classroom, Mr. Carter's Trigonometry class, room 125. It was in the 1st building on the 2nd floor.
I looked around trying to decipher which building was the 1st one. I assumed it was the one to my left and headed in that direction looking down at the paper before I ran head first into a solid force.
And of course, like the clumsy fool I am, I fell and landed solidly on my backside on the cement.
"Holy crap! Figures. I haven't even gotten to my 1st class and I'm tripping." I brushed my pants off muttering to myself.
"You know, it's customary in most cultures to apologize after running into someone." I looked up to see the cutest guy I'd ever seen leaning against a pillar arms folded with one foot against the stone. I mean Tom Cruise, Shane West and Chad Michael Murray put together didn't match the amazing-ness of this guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, one more for today :)
Feedback is greatly appreciated!
~Tracicita~