Breaking Down the Unbreakable

I Know a Few Torture Techniques I'd Like to Try...

And so rehearsals started. Yes. He was doing rehearsals! And as much as I hate to admit it, he was really good. He played piano for me. I mean, how amazing is that! He plays piano, sings and he's gorgeous!
I think I died and went to heaven!
But then again, I was having to rehearse for something I was so scared I feel like I'm going to wet my pants when I think about.
A fact I mistakenly told to Seth. He now makes fun of me for it. At which time I punch him in the arm.
He'd gotten permission from Han to use one of the choir practice rooms for us to rehearse in. And that's where we were. One week later on a Friday afternoon.
I was sitting on a stool behind him as he played the piano.
"Use your support system." He poked my stomach, which made me jump. So I'm ticklish!
"I am!" I pushed his hand away. We'd gotten closer over the past week, and we joked around a lot. Much to the dismay of most of the female population of our town.
"Then you're not using enough breath." He poked me again. I knew what would happen next. It happened the first time he poked me, yesterday.
And sure enough, he didn't disappoint. He started ticking me, which got me off the stool and trying to get away from him. But when I'm getting tickled, I don't have my strength, so he easily pulled me back to him so I was sitting on his lap.
Normally, this would sound wonderful. Sitting on a hot guy's lap while he had his arms around me? Great right?
Wrong. He was tickling me, and I was laughing so hard I was making little squeaky noises. Soon I was begging him to stop. It hurt to laugh that hard.
"Seth!" I was trying to pry his hands away. "Seriously! We have to get back to work."
"Oh, but we've been working for so long!" He stopped, but kept his arms around me, and held me on his lap. Now this was more like it.
"It's been 20 minutes."
"Exactly!" He leaned his head on my shoulder. "We've been practicing every day for a week, and Han already said you got a spot for the concert next week. So, let's do something."
"Do something? Why? What?"
"I don't know. We can celebrate you." He smiled.
"Celebrate me?"
"Yes. You're doing something big! You deserve to be recognized for it."
"Ok, well what do you want to do?"
"You're the one being celebrated!"
"Yes." I nodded. "But it was your idea, and as the celebrated girl, I shouldn't have to make any decisions!"
He laughed and poked me again before pulling me into a hug.
"Ok, well let's go out to dinner."
"Dinner sounds wonderful!" I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled at him. "Where are we going?"
"I'm thinking Fuddruckers." He smiled at me.
"Ok." I smiled a little unsure. "I'll try anything once."
He smiled at me again, and grabbed the music off the piano before taking my hand and leading me to his car.
I looked down at the pair of sweatpants I was wearing and the zip-up jacket I'd thrown on over my tank top this morning.
"You look perfect." He walked me to the passenger door and kissed my forehead before opening the door for me.
"I look like I just went to the gym." I slid into the seat, and he closed the door before walking around and sliding in next to me.
"Exactly. You've got that sexy soccer mom I-work-out-look going." He pulled out and onto the road.
"If they won't let me in because I look like this, I'm going to throw you in the dumpster."
"If they don't let you in, I'll throw them in the dumpster!"
We drove for about10 minutes before he pulled into a parking lot outside a restaurant. At that time, he rushed around to open the door for me to get out. I love a guy who'll open the door.
Once we'd been seated and placed our drink orders, he pointed out that I was allowed in, and no one is in the dumpster.
"Oh, that waitress gave me a dirty look. I'm pretty sure the only reason she let me in is because you're here."
"Well, then I guess everything worked out."
"Oh, it will as long as she doesn't try to flirt with you."
"And what are you going to do about it?" He raised his eyebrows, and I thought about it for a second.
"Well I was thinking about Chinese water torture, but I think I like the idea of kicking her ass better."
"You'd give a girl Chinese water torture for me?"
"If she deserved it, yes."
That's when said waitress returned, carrying a coke (Seth's) and a Dr, Pepper (mine). And I knew right away, the girl was looking for a good old-fashioned paddling.
"Good evening. Are you ready to order?" She smiled a big toothy smile at Seth while shooting some dirty glances my way.
"Actually I don't think my girlfriend's ready yet." He smiled at me. "Do you know what you want baby?"
"I'm not sure. What do you recommend?" I turned to the waitress, Tiffany, and smiled a sugary-sweet smile. I could tell she wanted to throw my soda all over me.
"Well our burgers are always a hit."
"Sounds good. I think I'll just a have a regular cheeseburger. Lots of fries!" I handed her my menu and Seth ordered his own burger.
"Thanks, Tiff." He thanked her, but still looked at me. I was getting a little nervous under his watch, but I knew it was all just to piss off little miss Tiffany.
She walked away without so much as an ok and I had to burst out laughing. But it didn't last long, when I noticed Seth was still watching me.
"What? We haven't even eaten, and I feel like I have something in my teeth." I gave him a confused glance before running my tongue over y teeth, just in case.
"Oh, it's nothing." He shook it off and took a sip of his Coke.
"Ok, I know I've only known you for a week, but I know when you're lying."
"Well I was just thinking." I could tell he still was. And him thinking was just a little worrisome in that his thoughts weren't always safe.
"About what?" I really wanted to know what was going on.
"What I told the waitress." He watched his straw as he slowly sired the ice in his cup.
"Did you not want a burger?"
"No, I mean about you being my girlfriend."
"What about it?"
"Do you want to?"
"Want to?"
"Riley, do I have to spell it out?" He shook his head and took one of my hands that had been resting on the table. "Will you be my girlfriend?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know what you think!!!
And thank you a million times over for your comments! They're SO fun for me to read!
You guys are so weird! But I love it, cuz I'm the exact same way!!! hehe
And this one's a little bit longer than most, cuz I really wanted something good to happen for you girls since you still don't know about Seth...
But you will soon!
Leave me comments! I love them!
~Tracicita~