Breaking Down the Unbreakable

Fun Doesn't Even Begin to Cover It!

I got to the building realized the bottom floor was for the performing arts. I mean the entire walkway was full of nerds with instruments and freaks in dance clothes. I found the choir room pretty easily. It was the one Ali was sitting next to with a group of people, mostly guys.
She noticed me before I had to walk up to her, lucky for me.
"Rye, come sit with us!" She waved me over and I walked pretty quietly over to them. "Everyone, this is Riley Hart. She's new here."
"Thanks Ali." I think they realized I was new seeing as they'd never seen me before.
"Any time. Okay, this is Chase, Evangeline, Levi, and Ethan."
As she pointed to each person I made a mental profile. I tended to file people when I met more than one at a time.
Chase was a tall guy with spiked blonde hair. He didn't have any real distinguishing feature other than the rainbow bracelet he wore on his wrist and the skateboard under his feet.
"Hey! Nice to meet you." Chase had offered me his rainbow wristed hand. "I'm just going to lay it out, I'm not gay. I'm part of the GSA."
That explained it. The Gay Straight Alliance was a high school club that brought people from both sexualities together.
"It's nice to meet you."
Evangeline was a pretty tall girl. Her short brown hair hung down in a choppy pattern that made me think she was a pretty "trendy" person. Of course, the totally brand name clothes indicated that too. She was fully decked out in the Abercrombie/Hollister look.
"Hi. I'm Evangeline." she smiled. Note to self: Not all freaks who shop at Hollister are obnoxious and stuck-up. "Evan for short."
Next was short, red-headed, Levi. He seemed like the typical choir/drama geek. He had pins all over his bag he'd told me he'd gotten from every concert (ranging from metal to country to classical) and play he'd ever seen. He had music notes on every piece of clothing. He claimed his underwear too, and I told him I'd take his word for it. His obsessive music personality didn't seem too far off from mine though.
And the last face I memorized was Ethan. He didn't seem the type to be sitting next to a choir room door. He had a letterman jacket showing off his football skills and some hardcore muscles hidden under the tight shirt he was wearing.
"I may look like a meathead but I have a 4.0 GPA and I'm not planning on playing college ball, even though I've had offers. I want to go into Medicine, not the NFL."
I looked at the group. It was one of the weirdest clusters of people I'd ever seen, but it also somehow fit.
Ali the emo/punk. Chase the gay-rights skater. Evangeline the fashion child. Levi the music freak. And Ethan the nerdy jock.
It was unorthodox and out of place, but perfect and seamless at the same time.
Not long after the bell rang and the door was opened by a middle-aged blonde. Ali pulled me inside and had me sit next to her on the floor. There weren't any chairs in the room. Just wide carpeted steps. I wasn't arguing. I liked the set-up.
"Alright, since we just had a concert, I'd like a reflection from each of you." She stepped in front of the class and noticed an extra body in the room. Mine. "Who are you?"
"Of, Han, this is Riley. She's new here." Ali spoke for me. I'd known the girl less than an hour and she already knew I hated speaking in front of people. Remember to say thank you.
"Ah, yes. Ok, well like I said, reflection 3 to 5 sentences then I have music for you." Everyone sounded excited. "Riley, come with me."
I followed her off to a door to the right, her office. She opened the door and I was about to walk in, when the door opened and an unfortunately familiar face entered the room.
Mystery guy was in my choir class. Seriously? Kill me, please.
"Mr. Rider, it would be nice if you'd get to class on time once in a while."
"Sorry Han. You know I've got to take care of my shit." He shrugged his shoulders as if it wasn't his fault and started walking away when his eyes fell on me. And the butthead glared.
Like I'd done something wrong!
I mean, I ran into him.
Big deal!
And I even apologized, which is more than I can say for most people!
This was going to be super fun!
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a little chorter than the others.
It's kind of just a filler.
But still let me know what you think!
I appreciate it!
~Tracicita~