Breaking Down the Unbreakable

Take a Picture. It'll Last Longer!

"That's it? That's all you're going to do?" I was doing my very best not to laugh at the outburst. I mean, laughing would blow my innocent "I-was-simply-protecting-myself" cover completely!
"I listened to the story, and though her actions were drastic, she had good reason." Not to self: Mr. Price is my most favorite administrator ever!
"Good reason? I just wanted to talk to her." I thought his head might explode. His face was redder than a fire truck!
"Mr. Summers, calling someone baby, and grabbing their arm is not the way we talk to others. Now I understand you're upset, but you're fine and unless you'd like to join Miss Hart in detention, I suggest you stay quiet and go back to class."
Yeah, it sucked that I had detention during 6th period, but I'm used to it. I may have finished my academic classes when I was 15, but I wasn't one of those well-behaved goody-two-shoes.
I stood up still trying to contain my laughter by staring at my feet trying to look apologetic. I mean one hour of detention for totally kneeing some guy in the crotch? I guess I'd be pissed too.
But I think Price was too shocked that someone 5'4" and 100 lbs. could take out Jackson Summers. He's like 6'2" and he's probably like a linebacker or something like that since he's huge!
Once outside I started walking back to the music building figuring I'd only been gone about 10 minutes. Of course, Jackie boy wasn't done talking to me.
I felt the cold bricks of the main building wall against my back and winced a little at the force with which I'd been thrown. I mean I may have taken him out, but he's still strong. Especially when I'm not looking.
"Look missy. I own this school. Just because you're new doesn't mean you don't follow my rules. That little stunt today at break won't happen again. The walls have ears sweetheart." He had cornered me. This guy was an idiot!
"No. You look! I'm new yes, but I am not a puppet. You think you own this school you should talk to Seth Rider because I'm pretty sure it's not possible for 2 people to own the same thing." I crossed my arms over my chest gazing up at him, but I could see his defense thinning. "You are just embarrassed that a little girl like me can put you on your back in front of all your stupid football-player friends. Newsflash Jackie: I don't care! Honest truth is that I could kick your ass any day and you wouldn't be able to do anything about it. You're afraid of me because you can't control me. Man up and grow some balls."
With that said and his mouth hanging open like the idiot he is, I walked back to choir smirking a little and knowing I'd meet him again. I just hope for his sake he's not alone.
"What happened?" Ali was instantly questioning me as soon as we got out of choir. Once I'd gotten back they were singing, and questions can't always be answered in song. "I asked around and heard the story. Did you really kick him in the balls?"
"Dude, he was touching me. And he called me baby. That is not okay with me."
"You are officially my hero!" She mocked bowing to me and I pretended like I was accepting an Oscar. "In the 12 years I've been at school with Jackson no one has ever stood up to him. If I was a lesbian, I would kiss you."
"Good thing you're not because I don't know if I could hang with someone that tried to kiss me." We laughed together. I love gay people, but as soon as they try to hit on me that's it!
She lead me to the art room where she introduced me to Alex, our tragically impoverished, oppressed art teacher. He was at least 35 with this hideously long beard and a deep green beret. He was like something out of a movie.
But he was probably the nicest art teacher I've ever had. It was like he didn't actually teach, he just let us do what we wanted. As long as we were doing something artsy that is.
"Ok, so I don't know what you want to do, but everything is open for you. I figure if you're in advanced art it's more important to actually do art than it is to sit and learn about it. So Alison can show you around, I'll be at my desk."
He smiled at me and I smiled back as Ali grabbed my hand and pulled me over to a 2-person table.
"He's an awesome teacher, but he's a little crazy. He's a pretty intense hippy and extremely against conforming to the norm. That's probably why he like me."
We laughed a bit before I pulled out my sketchpad I'd thrown in my bag that morning and my charcoal. I started drawing random lines, not fully knowing what the end result would be.
"You have your own?"
"Yeah. My parents realized I was really into art and got me a bunch of stuff. I pretty much get a new supply every birthday and Christmas and stuff."
"I wish my parents did that. I have to buy my art stuff myself. They hate that I'm so against formal education." I gave her a questioning look. I mean public school was hardly formal. "My siblings all went to Boarding school. I did too, but I was kicked out for my belief that real life wasn't something out of a textbook and couldn't be avoided by walls."
"Nice. I'm glad my parents never tried boarding school. But then again, changing schools so often sucked too, so who's to say boarding school would have been so much worse?"
"It sucks, trust me." She glanced down at my sketch. "Who's that? She's beautiful."
I finally refocused on the lines and the face my pencil had been forming. I knew exactly who it was.
"My mom" I smiled at the drawing in front of me. She was a common subject of my art. It was my way of making sure I didn't forget what she looked like.
"What happened?" I looked up feeling very confused. "No one looks at a piece of paper with a face on it like that if something didn't happen. I know. That's how I look at the pictures of my grandmother."
"Cancer." I said the word slowly. It had only been a year, but I could feel the memories beginning to fade and it scared me. "A little over a year ago."
"I'm sorry." She placed a hand on my shoulder. "Well I can see where you get your looks from."
"My looks? What looks?"
"Don't give me that! You're gorgeous! I mean you've got flawless skin, amazingly long black hair and the most killer green eyes I've ever seen. Plus anyone that can get a look like that from Seth has to be pretty amazing."
"What look? When? Ok, you've got to stop speaking in code. It's throwing me off. I don't speak Ali yet." I smiled at her waiting for an answer, but only saw her looking behind me.
I turned around to see Seth sitting at an easel across the room. But he wasn't painting or even using pastels. He was looking at me again. That was at least the 4th time today. And this time he wasn't glaring, or even laughing. He was just staring. I tried to read the emotion behind it, but there was none. Just staring.
And let me tell you, it was a little creepy.
But I soon realized I was staring right back, and that's what scared me even more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think, yes? :)
And let me know if you think something should happen!
Thanks for reading! :) :) :)
~Tracicita~