Shadows of the Night

Kill all your Friends

She just looked at me with a smug little devilish smile on her face. It was hard for me not to concentrate on her white eye. Although I was still in shock, the mystery of who this All_Seer person was, was solved. I would have never guessed in a million years that, this was that creepy person on the Internet.

The teacher started talking about whatever book we were suppose to be reading for English class. I wasn't paying attention. My mind was too busy wondering what she wanted from me. Why was my future the one she was so concerned about? It rarely entered my mind, what did she care?

Then right before the bell was about to ring, she stood up and said to me, "Nice drawing."

I was still in too much shock to reply. The teacher was about to tell her to sit down, but the bell rang and she was long gone. I still sat frozen by fear.

Then Thorn got up and nudged my shoulder. "Come on it's time for Meth class, I mean Math class."

I got up and walked. This encounter made me feel numb. I didn't even remember where Math class was. I just followed Thorn like she was a mother duck, and I was a duckling. When she got to the stairs she sat down. She gave me a confused look and said, "This is the part where you sit down, and tell me what that whole thing with the freak girl was about."

I sat but it felt like I was falling. I pulled my knees up and rested my head on them. I felt like I needed to be put in an insane asylum. "Spill," Thorn pleaded.

I looked around, kids were everywhere trying to get to class. But I didn't see Christina anywhere. So I answered her, "That's her. She's the All_Seer. I don't know what she wants with me. She's gonna stalk me at school. On my computer. Everywhere I go. I can feel it. I don't know why. Why does she want to ruin my life!"

I almost cried. But then everyone would think I was even weirder then they already did. Thorn gave me a hard look and said, "Don't worry. If you don't want her around then neither do I. It won't be hard to get rid of her. That all seer stuff is just a bunch of crap. She probably just made it up because she's more of a freak then us."

"I don't believe that," I said as I noticed that no one else was in the hallway.

Thorn noticed too, and said "We better get to class."

We walked in the room late. The teacher told us to take a seat. I saw the only two left was in-between Moon and Christina. I sat by Moon. I hated putting Thorn next to her. But I didn't want to be near her either. Plus Thorn knows how to deal with people like Christina more then me. I saw Christina pass her a note. I was freaked out wondering what it could possibly say.

I had no idea what was going on in class. I looked over at Moon, she was writing something down in her note book. It didn't look like notes. It looked like she was witting poetry. I decided to take my mind off this for awhile and draw some more. I added a few details to the vampire boy and his werewolf companion. Then I started on a different one. This time I drew a dragon and a castle. In the court yard of the castle the King was being beheaded. When I was fishing around in my bag for a red pen. The teacher called on me, "What is the answer to this problem?"

Everyone was staring at me. I had no idea what she was talking about. I looked at Moon, she shrugged at me. Then I looked at Thorn, she frowned. I was screwed. I looked at the problem on the board, X = -8 + or - the square root of 112 + 4 times 3 and 5 divided by 10. I just looked at it and guessed, "511."

Everyone in the class laughed. Christina laughed the hardest. The teacher glared at me and said in a disgusted tone, "No, that is the wrong answer. Would anyone else like to give it a try?"

Christina raised her hand. She answered the question perfectly. I didn't care so much though. It was just the way she was so smug and acted so nice to everyone else, that is what bothered me. I hate people like that.

Then the bell rang and this time I jumped out of my seat and ran to the door. Thorn wasn't beside me when I was out in the hall so I waited. After a few other kids got out, and gave me mean comments like, "Nice answer, 511," "Great job in class today idiot," and let's not forget, "Hey I would help you do better in math. But it would be a waste of my money."

I hated this place so much sometimes, but right now it was keeping me out of that cemetery, and my room. Although, I might rather be there right now. Thorn showed up and we walked to the gym together. Moon had social studies while we had gym. As we walked I asked, "What was that note she gave you?"

She handed it to me. The note read:

Sorry I'm being kind of a bitch to your friend there. But she just wont wake up and realize how much a person like me can help her.

I don't care how you act. All I know is my friend hates you, and so do I. So leave us alone. Or FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!

OK fine, then I will keep being a bitch. I know what your "consequences" are, and that is child's play. I could tare you life up to easily!

Go ahead...like I have a life anyways...

That's good then, not much work for me.

Thats all the note said. "I don't know what she wants from me. I didn't do anything to her. All I did was deny her friend ship on-line. She's nuts!"

"Yeah, I really hope shes not in this class too."

"Yeah," I agreed.

But when we got in the locker room, there she was. The same little devilish smirk was on her face. Then she looked at me and smiled brightly. I was nervous as to what was going on in her head. What did I ever do to her? I just didn't get it. I had no gym clothes to change into so I just left the locker room and sat on the gym floor. Thorn followed me.

"Ahhhh! What is her problem?" Thorn spat out.

"I don't know. I'm seriously freaked out here. What else could she possibly do to me?"

"Don't worry," Thorn said. "I wont let her get away with anything."

I blinked and looked as Christina walked out of the locker room. She was staring at me. Then the other girls came out and sat on the gym floor too.

The coach came out and said that we were going to run on the track today. What a surprise. Then the coach looked right at me and said, "I hope you like running in those bulky boots."

I just sat there numbly, I never cared what teacher's said to me. Once school was over it wouldn't matter. I stood up and took off my green sweat shirt. I threw it on the benches with my back back. Thorn left her bag there too. We walked outside and went to the track, around the soccer field. The coach stood there with the whistle in her sticky mouth and the timer in her sweaty hand. For a coach, she wasn't very fit.

Thorn stood next to me and the other girls laughed at us. Still in our school clothes. My parents could afford to get me gym clothes. It's just I never told them about it. I wasn't sure about Thorn's however. Then the coach screamed, "Go!"

We ran off as she started the timer. We were suppose to run 3 full laps to complete one mile. At the first turn I slowed down and all the other girls passed me and Thorn. I looked around for Christina but I didn't see her anywhere. Then when we were at the side of the track next to the bleachers, I saw her. She grabbed me and said, "All I want to do is be your friend."

She pulled me to the soccer field and I could hear Thorn shouting at her to let go of me. For such a skinny girl, she was pretty strong. She dragged me to the grass and kissed me. Right there in front of everyone. The girls stopped running. The coach ran over and pulled her off of me.

Then she looked at Thorn and said, "What are you jealous?"

Thorn looked like she was ready to kill Christina. She charged her with her fists already swinging, she ended up hitting the coach. Pow! Right in the nose. Blood was coming out of her nose now and Thorn clutched her hand. "Detention! All of you!" The coach shouted in a strange tone because she was holding her nose. "Everyone else go back inside, and wait for the bell to ring."

Then she looked at me and said, "You are the biggest sinner. You will be lucky if you get a chance to repent."

That made me feel like punching her in the nose. This wasn't my fault! It was Christina who did it and I have no idea why. Did she see this as the future? Or was she just trying to get attention? Maybe she was just like everyone else at this school and tried to make me as miserable as possible.

While I was lost with these questions I didn't even notice I had been waiting outside of the school consolers room. Suddenly the coach walked out of the near by nurse's office and glared at me.

Right then Thorn walked out of the consolers office. She frowned and said, "Sorry. I'll wait for you to come out."

I got up and walked inside, the consoler was worse then the principal. The consoler was a priest, the only other place you saw them in school was when they made us go to church. I sat in the old worn fake leather chair in front of his desk.

I shot a nasty look in his direction and he said, "Listen to me young lady, God does not want you to have these kind of relationships. You should not even be doing that with boys."

I thought for a moment not sure what to say. Then I opened my mouth, "She attacked me! I didn't want her to do that! Father, I swear to God! She needs to be put in a loony bin or something!"

He wore a more angry face now. "That sweet child? Christina? I do not believe it! You, you heathen...swearing to God Almighty in my face! I will not take that lightly, and blaming poor Christina? No! No! No! What is wrong with you? Get out of my sight before, you-you. Well I don't know what you will do next!"

He said this while wagging his boney pointer finger at me. Like anything he was saying was the truth. Thorn was waiting outside when I got there. We had to go to church now, I thought with a grimace. I could see the look in Thorn's face that made her hate it too. We walked there in silence. You weren't allowed to talk in the chapel. When we got there we sat in the back pew on the opposite side that most people were on. Moon was already waiting. In a panic I looked around for Christina, who knew what she would do next. Or what she was capable of. I didn't see her so I went to the routine we had in church.

We each grabbed a hymn book and a different colored pen and wrote notes to each other in them. We stated to write:

Thorn, what did the "counselor" say to you?
He said that I was the one who started all of this...
WTF!!!
I know the people here are so stupid...
That stupid bitch...

Moon was clueless as to what we were talking about so I wrote:

I will tell you during lunch.

Meanwhile Thorn was writing in ours:

I'm seriously going to get her back for this...
How? She's always a head of us...and she knows what where doing
I still say that future seeing stuff is BULL SHIT!!!!
I'm not so sure...
W/e...but I swear I'm going to get her back...

Then the communion song started and people started getting up to get their hosts and wine. I stared at the line of zombies and got up. I left the chapel.

I head someone behind me and turned around. I sighed in relief when I saw it was Moon and Thorn was right behind her. I walked as if I didn't care they were following me, and darted into the nearest bathroom.

"What's going on?" Moon questioned.

"It's that Christina chick. She kissed Raven and now the coach and the consoler and probably the whole school thinks were lesbians now. I swear to god, I'm going to get her back for this," Thorn's voice sounded like thunder and she looked like Zeus himself wouldn't be able to stop her from whatever she was going to do.

"What the hell? That bitch!" Moon screeched and then asked, "What's the plan Thorn?"

I could see Thorn was about to say something, but right as she was Christina stepped out of one of the stalls. We all looked at each other horrified. What was going to happen now?

Thorn ran at her and grabbed her arms and held them behind Christina's back. Christina couldn't move, she struggled.

"Go ahead guys punch her!" Thorn said.

Moon looked at me and I didn't know what to do or say. Then Christina said, "No, seriously. I'm sorry for what happened. I just needed a way for you to notice me. Well for the whole school to I guess. There's going to be some weird stuff happening soon. That's why I'm here. I was just trying to be nice for real! All I want is for all of us to be friends. Please! Just let me go."

"I don't believe a word of what she's saying!" Thorn shouted.

"I don't know," I began. "Somehow, I believe her. But just to be sure. Explain to me what your saying. What do you mean changes? Why is it so important to be friends with me? An how do you call lying to the priest/consoler nice? And how does wanting people to notice you justify kissing me?"

"I can't tell you everything. But I will say this, you would have lied to the consoler normally. I thought if I got you in trouble you might know I was for real. An really I didn't want the attention. My eye gives me more attention then I want."

"Why can't you tell me everything? What do you mean by everything? And still why is it ME! What's so important about being my friend?"

"Ahhhh! I can't tell you everything because then it will change what I know is going to happen. Would you have believed me, if I just walked up to you at school and told you I knew your future?"

There was a short pause, but it seemed to take forever. We all knew the answer to her question, but she still hadn't answered all of mine.

She continued, "It's important for me to be your friend, because I know how to deal with what is going to happen to you and your friends. My parents deal with stuff like ghosts all the time. Poltergeists, Exorcisms, and all those things. But what is going to come to you, all of you. You wont want it taken away. There's one for me too..." her voice trailed off.

She was speaking non since. Ghosts, poltergeists, exorcisms! All those things were pure fantasy.

"You're such a lying bitch," Thorn said nastily.

"Wait," I said. "She might be telling the truth. This all sounds crazy, but remember that picture? And that dream I had? Those noises you've both been hearing? Who else knows that stuff has been going on but us? I mean if it's ghosts." I couldn't think of more to say.

Moon looked completely frightened and Thorn still looked like she was going to kill Christina.

"Let her go," I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please rate and or comment. Something please...X-x...