Status: Hiatus

Together We Made It

Arguments

Ethan stopped cold in his tracks. He didn't move but the people in front of him quickly stepped back and to the side, sure to be out of his way.

"You read my myspace and texts?" He asked quietly.

"Of course. I couldn't trust you with her around." Brooklyn waved her hand nonchanlently at Lyric.

Again, Lyric stared at them both in disbelieve

"Me?" This time everyone could hear the anger in Lyric's voice.

"You didn't trust him with me around? What kind of point is that gonna make when you were the one cheating on him?" Lyric asked incrediously.

"Just the point I need to make because it's true. You didn't know? He gained an interest in you the first time you bumbed into me in the halls." Brooklyn sneered at her.

"Yeah, and Chase was only with you cause you're easy. You didn't know?"Lyric moked her.

Brooklyn stared at her, but Lyric didn't back down. Cheryl stepped up behind her as did Damian. Brooklyn stood there for a few more minutes before sending a final glare Lyric's way and walking off, followed by her pose of barbie dolls. Lyric sighed and turned to face Ethan, but he wasn't there.

She looked around for him until the bell rang signally that lunch had ended. Shaking her head, Lyric gathered her stuff and went to class. Damian walked with them for a few moments before saying he forgot something and went back to the tree.

"The more you hide, the madder she's going to get."Damian said to what seemed to be an empty courtyard.

"No madder than she would've been if she had been able to talk to me."Ethan jumped down from the branches of the tree he had been sitting in.

"How'd you know I was up there?"He asked once he had found his balance.

"It's the only place most people wouldn't think to look...so it was that only place I thought to try."Damian told him with a smirk.

"You just have to be difficult don't you?"Ethan asked with a sigh.

"Yes...but i'm surprised. You gave up your hiding place so easily. How did you know for sure I didn't have Lyric with me?" Damian asked.

"You can see the entire courtyard from that tree. I saw you coming." Ethan told him.

Damian nodded and sat at the base of the tree.

"Aren't you going to class?"Ethan asked him.

"Are you?" Damian asked him evenly.

"Touche..."Ethan told him, sitting beside him.

They sat in compatable silence for a while before Damian asked what Ethan really thought of Lyric.

"Well..."

~*~*~

Lyric couldn't wait for the class to be over and the school day to be done. She watched the clock with such attentiveness, that her teacher took it to show that she was paying attetion.

"Lyric, why don't you come up and do number four on the board please." Her teacher told her.

Lryic jumped at her voice and stared at her. What had they been learning again? She turned and stared at the board as if it would eat her as soon as she got close enough. She heard Cheryl sigh behind her and felt a peice of paper slide beneath her hand. Looking down, Lyric saw that it was the answer and process of solving the problem. Glad that she had a photographic memory, Lyric glanced at the paper and went up to the board.

She quickly copied the work and answer onto the board and went back to her seat.

"Very good Lyric. Now..." Her teacher turned from her and continued on with whatever lecture she was giving.

Finally, the bell rang signaling that the day was done and the cage people called school had finally been unlocked. Lyric sighed and looked out the window wondering if she could catch a sign of Damian anywhere. Wait a minute...What was he doing sitting under a tree talking to Ethan?

She quickly took note of which tree and ran out the door until she made it to the courtyard. Once she had reached it, she slowed to an angry march, making sure that neither boy saw her coming but didn't have a chance to hide.

"What in the world are you doing?"