Status: Hiatus

Together We Made It

Lies and Conversations

Ethan jumped up from his spot at the foot of the tree, startled. Damian lazily looked up at Lyric as she continued to storm over to were he was sitting. Ethan started stuttering an explanation but Lyric quickly told him to shut up. Damain watched the exchange quietly and then stood up and walked past Lyric.

"Hey! I asked you what you were doing!"She yelled after him.

"And I decided not to answer. It's none of your business what I was doing."Damian told her over his shoudler.

Lyric stared after him, deflated. Ethan took the chance and quickly walked away in the other direction. He wasn't one to get scared easily, but Lyric was not someone he relished meeting when she was pissed. Lyric sank to a sitting position at the bottom of the tree and put her head on her knees, sighing. Ethan paused and looked back at her. From where he stood and with the way she was sitting, he could easily see the bruises she was covered with.

He remebered the night when he had cornered her on her roof and gotten the truth out of her about her stepfather. He never heard anything from her house when they were home, but then again he didn't think she was someone who would cry out for help. He stepped back as if to go over to her, but she lifted her head and looked at him.

"What are you still here for?"She asked.

"Ya know, I don't know why your so mad at me. I haven't told anyone what I found out on the roof the other night, and I had nothing to do with what Brooklyn said. She formed that opinion on her own." He told her turning to leave.

"Really? So she was lying about you liking me?" Lyric asked quietly.

"Yes."Ethan lied smoothly.

Lyric didn't answer, so Ethan took that as a sign that he should leave. Walking away, he thought about the converstaion he had had with Damian...

~*~*~

"Well...she definately caught my attention. She's got a personality that's hard to ignore. She's always so bubbly yet she's hiding something." Ethan told him looking up at the school windows.

"But that still doesn't tell me what you really think of her." Damian pointed out.

"No, it really wasn't ment to. I guess...I don't really know. There are days when I think Brooklyn's right and I do like her, but then there are other days when she so infuriating that I don't think I could stand being around her." Ethan sighed.

"So your confused on how you feel about her?"Damian asked.

"Yeah." Ethan looked at the ground.

"Interesting.."Damian mumbled and then they lapsed into silence until Lyric had interrupted them.

~*~*~

Lyric sat at the base of the tree for about half and hour, just sitting and thinking about what Ethan had told her. She really shouldn't be dissapointed that he didn't like her...she never really believed what Brooklyn had said anyways. Looking at her cell phone, Lyric realized that she had to get to her job interview and then the optomotrist to get her contacts changed. Sighing, she got up and walked over to her car.

~*~*~

After the interview and optmotrist Lyric tried to stall going home for just a little longer, but realized that she couldn't. When she pulled into her driveway, she saw that her stepdad was already home and she could hear things smashing into walls. Quickly getting out of the car, she ran up the steps and into the living room. She barely had time to duck as a plate came flying at her head.

"Where have to been?"Her stepfather yelled at her drunkenly.

"Places." She told him as she avoided another plate and peeked up the stairs to see all the doors were shut.

Turning to face him, she felt his fist connect with her jaw. She stumbled back and onto the steps and caught the banister before she fell completely. He grabbed her roughly and threw her against one of the walls, where she slid to the floor coughing. She knew that she should fight back, but she couldn't find the courage to do so. Lyric tried to block out the sound of his yelling and the pain of his blows. She concentrated on the night that lay before her, where she would be able to sneak out and find the solitude needed.

Finally the blows stopped and Lyric heard him slam the front door. She tried to sit up, but found the pain in her ribs to be to much whenever she moved. Finally she steeled herself and sat up gasping. Realizing that she wouldn't make it up the stairs on her own, and not wanted to alert her sister and brother to what had happened, she pulled out her phone and found the contact of the one person who knew what happened everynight when she got home.