Status: Hiatus

Together We Made It

Help

Ethan looked at the caller id on his phone and frowned. What was Lyric doing, calling him? He decided to answer it, but when he said hello, no one answered.

"Hello?"He asked again.

"Can you come over to my house? Please?"

He heard Lyric, but she was really quiet and soundly like she was in pain.

"Yeah, I'll be over in a minute."

He quicky hung up and ran down the stairs of his house. He opened the door and ran over to Lyric's house, glad that they lived next to eachother. He knocked on the door, but when no one answered, he tried the handle. It was unlocked and he walked inside. He looked around, not seeing Lyric anywhere.

~*~*~

Lyric heard the front door open, and hopeing deeply that it was Ethan and not her stepfather, looked over in that direcion. Ethan stood in her doorway looking completely lost. She smiled slightly and tried to stand up, but quickly lost her balance again. She hadn't realized how bad he had gotten her this time.

Ethan must have heard her when she fell, because he was soon beside her.

"What happened?" He asked incredilously.

"Do you really need to ask?"Lyric retorted.

"No, but I just thought I might. Where's your mom?" Ethan asked looking around.

"She's upstairs. No, Leave here there. None of them know about this. They just think I continuously fall down the stairs."Lyric explained when Ethan got up and headed towards the stairs.

He looked back down at her and then helped her stand up. He had seen people who lived in abusive families before, but none of them had ever looked this bad.

"Is it always this bad?" He asked quietly.

"No, but it's still early so he had more energy. He'll be back later, drunker than before." She told him after laughing at his initial question.

"Why don't you ever fight back? You'll fight people at school, but you won't fight back when it's your own stepfather?" He looked at her skepticaly.

"I don't know why I don't fight back. I just can't, it doesn't seem right." She told him looking at her feet.

By then Ethan had managed to get her seated on the couch and he was kneeling in front of her.

"And you think it's right that he does this to you? Of course it's right to fight back!" Ethan told her surprised.

Lyric sighed. Suddenly she sat stock still and hushed Ethan when he started to ask her what was wrong. She looked at him with wide eyes.

"My stepfathers back."

Ethan quickly stood up and turned to the front door. When it finally bust open, what he saw was not what he expected. A middle aged man stood in the doorway looking at him surprised. He had graying hair and a pot belly. Ethan had a hard time believing that this was the man who continuously hurt Lyric.

"What is he doing here you stupid whore?" He raged as he stepped toward Lyric.

Ethan didn't have a hard time believing after that. He stepped inbetween Lyric and her stepfather. Her stepfather stopped and looked at him like he was crazy.

"Get out of here boy. You don't want to get caught up with this whore." Lyric's stepfather spat at him.

Lyric stood up and pushed past Ethan. She swayed in front of her stepfather, trying to stand steady but having trouble.

"Get out." Her voice was steely and her eyes flashed.

Both Ethan and her stepfather stared at her in disbelief.

"What did you say to me?" Her stepfather slurred.

"I said, Get out. Now." Lyric didn't move from her position.

When her Stepfather went to hit her again, Ethan stepped up and blocked his hand. Grabbing his arm, Ethan directed her stepfather to the door and shut it behind him, locking him out.

Smiling, Ethan turned around just in time to see Lyric pass out.