I'll Never Look Back.

Why?

Mum comes back from the garden, and sets down her lighter. She's been crying.
"Sit down, Caitlin. You too, Alex." She sounds so... defeated.
My heart sinks, and the panic begins to set in.
"Are you kicking me out?"
"Why were you so silly, Caitlin?" She asks.
My eyes begin to sting, but I will not, will not cry. She's so disappointed in me. But she sounds so cold, it makes me want to scream.
"Are you kicking me out?" I repeat through gritted teeth.
She sighs, and purses her lips. She can't even bring herself to look at me, this is horrible.
"No, not permanently, I don't think, but you need to stay at Alex's for a few days, just until we sort things out. You should go and start getting some stuff together."
I nod my head dumbly, but I can't move. The shock is setting in.
Alex tugs my hand, pulling me up, and leading me blindly up the stairs.
Once we reach my room, I burst into tears, and let Alex wrap his arms around me. He feels so warm and safe, I love him so much. While I soak his shirt through, he says nothing, he just lets me stand there and cry. When I feel like my tears have driied up, I look up at him with sore, red eyes, and gulp pathetically.
He lets go of me, and starts collecting my clothes together to put in a bag. God, I feel so worthless. I sniffle and help him pack my stuff. He turns around and just looks at me with warm eyes.
"I won't let you down, Caitlin, I promise."
And then his phone rings.