I'll Never Look Back.

Who Scorned You?

I lean against the wall, take a deep breath, and close my eyes. I take a few more breaths, and try and focus on what good has come out of this shit-heap of a situation. I guess that me and Alex are closer, and my brother is coming from Wales to see me, even though he's half-way through his law degree. I love him so much. I nearly jump out of my skin when I feel someone's hand on my shoulder.
"Hey, calm down, Catkin, it's only me. Who were you on the phone to?"
I look up to see Matt peering at me with a worried look on his face. I sigh again, and run a hand over my face.
"Yeah, I'm fine Matticus, thanks. It was my brother, Dan," I say, "he was a little shocked, to say the least, and he's coming down to see me."
Matt looks fairly excited to hear about Dan, they were pretty good friends at school, and they haven't seen each other in forever. I groan, and push myself away from the wall.
"You okay, Catkin? You look exhausted. Do you want anything to eat?" He asks me kindly.
"Thanks, Matt. I could kill for a squid and pestrami sandwich!"
He jumps back a little in surprise, and I burst out laughing. It appears that hormones have not affected my sense of humour.

"THAT was NOT funny, Little Miss Catkin. I thought you had cravings bad! Is there anything you'd like, seriously?" He asks, as I wipe my eyes a little bit. I regain myself and manage to ask for cheese on toast.
He goes out to get it for me, and I decide to phone my best friend.
"Pick up, pick up, pick up. Hey Luke! How are you? ..... Yeah, I'm okay.... Sorry, uh, you guys couldn't come over last night.... Ha ha, yeah!.... No, but if it's any consolation, I didn't get to either.... What?.... No, uh, I got kicked out... Why? Because I am fo shiz up the duff... Yes, I'm fucking pregnant.... Yes, of course it's Alex's, who else would be..... Well, don't get so angry with me, it's not like I'm having your fucking baby, is it?..... What the fuck, Luke? Where's this coming from?....... Yeah, well sorry I got bored and had sex with my boyfriend. And sorry you're jealous.... Yeah, fuck you too. See you when you grow up and realise I need you." I snap my phone shut angrily, and storm into the kitchen, guns blazing.
"Woah! Who scorned you? Jeeesus." Matt jokes when he sees my face.
"That wanker I used to call a friend. I had to tell him about my, uh, condition, and he went totally crazy on my ass! I mean, I know he didn't like the idea of me getting back with Alex after what we put each other through, but I mean, I didn't think he would be so mad. Twat." I let my rant wear itself out, and when I look up, I see Matt smirking at me, sucking his lips in to try and stop himself from grinning.
"What?" I ask. He looks like he thinks I'll hurt him.
"Come, on, Matticus, you can tell me. I won't hurt you... yet."
"He's in love with you." And then he walks out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so much of a filler. Please comment? xx Kitty xx