I'll Never Look Back.

Why Won't You Just Listen?

"Caitlin?" I jump when I hear Alex call me softly from the other side of the kitchen.
"Hey, Alex." I mumble. I can't think of anything worthwhile to say. Except maybe sorry.
"I'm so sorry for everything, Alex." I look down, and bite my lip.
"It's okay, I'm sorry for shouting at you about Matt, this is really stressful, and I was just a bit shocked, are you feeling okay?" He crosses the room, and wraps his arms around my waist.
"I'm fine, and you had every right to be angry. Uh, my brother is catching the train down from Wales tonight, I'm not sure what time he's going to be here, but he wants to take me out...Is that okay?" I ask, looking up and meeting his gaze. He smiles warmly at me, and kisses the top of my head.
"Of course it's okay, hunny. Matt's gonna be pleased to see him."
"Yeah, I was wondering about that, is there something going on between them? 'Cos when I mentioned I was staying here, Dna asked about him, and he was really excited."
"You honestly didn't know?!" He asks, incerduloused.
"Know what?" I ask, grinning a little.
"Matt's had a thing for your brother since they were our age. Didn't you ever wonder what they were doing when they were hanging out here?" He laughs.
"Well, I knew Danny's gay, but I had no idea Matt was too." I reply. Surely not...
♠ ♠ ♠
just a draft