‹ Prequel: In the End
Status: Hiatus.

Worry Rock

Birthday Boy

His chest gently rose and fell as he took inhaled and exhaled the crisp air. The fan was the only thing that made noise throughout the quiet bedroom except for the shallow breathing escaping the lips of Billie Joe and me. He lay on his back with his arm wrapped around me as he slept soundly; meanwhile I lay awake, my eyes sitting barely open as I looked over his multi-colored bare chest.

It was only about 6:30 in the morning, so I wasn’t expecting Billie Joe to wake up anytime soon. Half of the time he didn’t even wake up when I had to get Sydney up for school. The birthday boy groaned slightly as he moved to lie on his side, his arm moved to around my back as he buried his nose into my hair, inhaling my scent.

I looked back up at him and watched as his eyes slowly fluttered open, slightly surprising me. The corners of my lips were pulled up so that a toothy grin was shown on my face as his eyes became more adjusted to his surroundings. “Mmm,” he hummed lightly as he stretched his legs and then yawned, “Hey baby.” His lips pressed themselves softly against my forehead as he took in a deep breath. “You smell good,” he admitted.

A giggle escaped my lips and I shifted around in his arms so that my head rested on his pillow next to his own, my arm now hanging lazily across his torso. I managed to ignore the scent of morning breath that I smelt as I felt his breath on my cheek. “Morning birthday boy.”

“Eurgh,” he groaned quietly, “I forgot.”

“You’re the only person I know that forgets about their own birthday.”

Billie Joe chuckled. “And that, m’dear, is most likely because I do not want it to be my birthday.”

“You’re also the only person I know that doesn’t want it to be their birthday.”

My husband smirked slightly as he tapped his finger on a patch of my skin underneath my tank top. “That’s because all it means to me now is that I’m even older than I was last year.”

“Aren’t you the man who always sung always look on the bright side of life?

Billie Joe grinned and placed his hand on my shoulder, gently pushing me over as he went to climb over me. “Well, yes.” He paused as he made a satisfied growl from the back of his throat. “The bright side is that I get hardcore birthday sex how, when, and where I want it.”

I started laughing as he straddled me, placing a kiss on my temple as he enveloped me in his arms. He pecked me on my lips and ran his hand down over my hair before we were interrupted by the shrill ring of the house phone. I looked over at the clock along with Billie Joe. 6:54.

“My mother,” Billie Joe stated as he crawled off me and sat up before he grabbed the portable phone from the stand. “Hello? Hi mom.”

I smiled to myself and placed my hands on his bare arms as I leaned over his shoulder and kissed his cheek. “I’ll get Sydney up.”

“Mmm…okay babe,” he murmured as he turned back to kiss me. “No, sorry, not you Ma; just Joe. She’s good, just going to wake up Sydney for school.-“

I smiled to myself as I pulled open the door to the bedroom. Ollie Armstrong had always liked to call early in the morning. She didn’t like to call in the afternoon; she felt as if she was intruding no matter how many times Billie Joe and I denied that she was.

I slowly pushed myself off of the comfortable bed and walked out of the bedroom, hearing Billie Joe continue to speak to his mother as I went to wake up Sydney. I ran a hand through my hair quickly as I stopped before her door before tapping on it lightly. “Sydney?”

Silence.

I went to knock again only to hear footsteps behind me. Thinking it was my husband, off the phone with his mother, I turned around to ask him to get her up. Only, I came face to face with Sydney herself, causing myself to jump and cover my mouth. Sydney smirked and arched an eyebrow. “What?”

“Why are you up?” I asked simply, not beating around the bush.

“Because I have school today,” she replied, looking up at me.

“Well yes, I know that, but you’re never up. You’re usually like your dad and I have to fight you to get up.”

Sydney laughed and shrugged. “Where is dad; I want to say happy birthday.”

“Talking to your grandmother. She called him to say happy birthday.”

Sydney winced. “Why so early?”

I shrugged like she had before. “She tells your father and me it’s because she thinks she’s intruding on our privacy.”

The thirteen year old smirked slightly. “So she calls at seven in the morning?”

I laughed slightly and nodded as we both heard the door to the bedroom open. Billie Joe walked out slowly, prodding Charlie with his foot as he did so. He wore a plain white t-shirt and his plaid boxers. His eyes rose to down the hallway where Sydney and I stood talking to each other. A small smile appeared on his lips, his mind taking advantage of the family he had.

Sydney grinned widely as her father walked down the hallway to us. She wrapped her arms around the short man’s neck, hugging him. “Happy birthday, daddy.”

I couldn’t help but smile at the look on Billie’s face as he placed his hands on his daughters back, grinning in appreciation of what he had. “Thanks, darling.”

**

“Happy Birthday, daddy.”

Billie Joe slowly cracked an eye open at hearing the small voice to the left of him. He slowly tilted his head to the side, wincing from the sunlight that poured through the blinds as his five-year old daughter came into view. The corners of his mouth lifted slowly into a smile and he turned onto his side to face his daughter. “Thanks babe.”

Sydney sat up and crawled over to her father. She curled her body up against his making his smile turn even wider as he wrapped an arm around his child. Sydney giggled and squirmed around in her fathers’ arms before getting more comfortable. “How old are you, daddy?”

Billie Joe bit his lip, looking away from his daughter and at the ceiling. “Twenty-three,” he lied.

Sydney looked up at Billie, placing a hand on his neck as she started to move around more. “But mommy said you were older than her.”

Billie chuckled. “Mommy is just jealous, darling. She wishes she could be twenty-four like I am.”

“Daddy, you just said you were twenty-free.”

Billie Joe stuttered slightly. “I—twenty three, sorry darling, I meant twenty-three.”

Sydney giggled and buried her head into her fathers arm. “You’re old.”

The thirty-seven year old gasped dramatically and flipped himself over so that he leaned over Sydney. “What did you just call me?”

The young girl just shoved her fist into her mouth and curled up, giggling furiously. “Owd.”

“You called me old?”

She giggled and shook her head furiously. Without warning, Billie Joe pounced on the young girl, furiously tickling her as laughter and giggles were heard throughout the house. Billie Joe grinned as he continued to tickle his daughter; wishing moments like those would never end.


***

“You know what bothers me?”

I rolled over, pulling the duvet tighter around me as I turned to face my husband. “Nope. What?”

He looked over at me, taking an arm from behind his head to pull me close to him. “The fact that when I was like twenty, I would imagine myself being an old fuck. I would imagine myself being forty six. Now look at me.”

I stifled a light giggle as I ran a hand over his naked chest, tracing the outline of one of his tattoos. “It’s not like you're old, though,” I murmured, looking up at him. “You still act like you did when I first met you at thirty two, maybe a little more quiet, but I don’t think you’ve aged much. Not in looks, ‘cept for these few wrinkles right-“

“Hey,” he interrupted, swatting my hand away from the wrinkle underneath his eye I was tracing, making me laugh. “Don’t point those out. You’ll make me want to get out of this bed and go down to CVS to get some woman products to make it all go away.”

I started laughing while rolling onto my back, taking his arm into my hands and wrapping it around me. “I think you owe me for pointing out my wrinkles.”

“Oh?” I cooed, looking over at him.

Billie Joe nodded, a mischievous smile appearing on his lips as he ran a hand over my bare hip. He pulled me closer to him, slightly roughly and wriggled his eyebrows before pressing his lips to mine. “No teasing today,” he mumbled against them, his tongue flicking against my bottom lip.

“Oh? Why not?” I asked, running a hand down the middle of his chest as I slowly shifted myself on top of him, straddling him. He grinned lazily, his eyes showing lust as he looked up at me.

“Because you get so caught up in it,” his mumbled, the words now rolling off his tongue as the sexual tension in the room arose. “And you don’t want to stop.”

I grinned mischievously at him, raising my eyebrows. I leant down and kissed him softly and slowly. “But you like it.”

In a quick, swift movement, Billie Joe rolled over and pinned me down underneath him, grinning furiously. He straddled me now, and gently leant down to kiss me his tongue gently running over my lips, pushing them open as we engaged in a slow yet arousing kiss. Billie Joe pulled away slowly to take a breath, tilting his head back slightly. “Mmm,” he breathed deeply, his voice almost a growl, “This is the best part of my birthday.”

He moved around on top of me, trying to get into a more comfortable position before locking eyes with me. He dipped back down once again, his lips resting gently on mine although not in a kiss. “I want a baby,” he admitted.

I was surprised by the words that he had just said to me, the subject of another child having been left at where it had started back in January. I sat up somewhat, pushing myself up with my elbows. “What?” I asked him, confused.

“It’s my birthday, yeah?” he asked. I just nodded. “I’d like another baby.”

“I thought you thought the idea was weird.”

“I did,” he admitted nonchalantly, “But think about it…”

Billie Joe rolled off of me and rested on his side, now facing me. His hand slid into my own him entwining our fingers. “The thought of holding a little baby in my arms all over again. The thought of it all just makes me… happy.

I felt my cheeks flush as I grinned at the birthday boy, kissing him softly. “You really want another baby? You’re not just saying this for the sake of it?” I asked, my voice going soft. “Because if I were to get pregnant, there would be no turning back. Abortion isn’t an option.”

Billie rolled his eyes playfully. “I solemnly swear,” he murmured, his voice a low seductive growl, “That I want another baby.” He pushed his lips against my own, pulling us into a slow kiss. “With you.”

We both lay there, our lips connected for what seemed forever, both of us in a lip lock. “Can we start now?” he asked breathlessly, pulling away.

I didn’t bother to answer, just grabbed onto his arms and pulled him on top of me, both of our bodies pressed up against each other.

***

I leaned back on the bed, propping myself up with my arms as Billie Joe searched through the dressers for something to wear. I wore a plain, simple, casual black dress, my hair put up nicely yet simply. “You know,” I started with a lame smile, “I think there are really three girls in this lovely family of ours.”

Billie Joe looked back at me, shooting me a dirty look. “It’s my birthday,” he said simply, “You must be nice to me.”

I stood up and walked over to him, sliding my arms over his shoulder as he looked at himself in the mirror. “But then you’re doused with thousands of insults tomorrow.”

He chuckled, leaning his head back to kiss me quickly before pulling out of my grasp to continue to look for a shirt. “Respect your elders, darling.”

I blew a strand of hair from off my face, sitting back on the comfortable bed. “Why? I’m the one that’ll be putting them in the retirement home.”

Billie Joe laughed and shook his head, stepping into the closet. “This is why we’re always late, Billie,” I mumbled, looking at my nails. “You spend about an extra two hours trying to find out what to wear. Everyone’ll be trashed, as usual, within a few minutes and your nice white shirt that you went in will turn purple to them, before you vomit on it from the amount of alcohol.”

“Lovely wife,” he grumbled.

I laughed at him and lay back down on the bed, adjusting my wedding ring on my finger as he stepped back into the large walk-in closet. “I think…” I heard him murmur, “That I’ll just wear a normal shirt and then my leather jacket over it.”

I shrugged, “It doesn’t matter, darling.”

“That’s easy for you to say,” he countered, looking over at me. “You look beautiful in anything and everything. Jesus, you could go in sweat-pants and a tank top and look fucking amazing.”

I pushed myself to me feet and walked over to him, wrapping an arm around his neck as I felt myself blush. I kissed his lips sweetly, him kissing back without any hesitation. He slid his tongue past my lips, pushing us back to the bed, in which we both fell on.

As soon as my eyes opened and fell upon the digital clock that sat on the dresser, I pushed my husband off of me, stopping him from pulling the straps of my dress any lower. He gasped, wiping the bit of saliva off of his bottom lip, grinning furiously. “Wha—why are you stopping?”

“We’re already a half-hour late, m’dear.”

Billie Joe groaned, grabbing the shirt he had decided to wear from the hanger and putting it on. I stood up and grabbed my purse from the spot on the bed next to me before stumbling over to the mirror next to him, trying to fix my hair that had been messed up during the spur of the moment kissing.

My eyes adverted from myself to Billie, who was buttoning up the black dress-down shirt he was wearing. “Have you ever regretted getting those tattoos?” I asked Billie Joe slowly, randomly.

The birthday boy looked over at me as he fixed the sleeves. “Which ones?” he asked, looking at his tattooed arm.

“The one’s on your chest. Of the car and all that.”

Billie Joe shrugged, pulling down the side of his shirt to observe the colored ink that was plastered onto his skin. “Nah, not really,” he said simply as I reached over and ran a hand over it.

“If you had to get rid of every tattoo, except for…two…which would you keep?”

Billie Joe fell silent, inspecting his arms and chest. He laughed gently. “I don’t think that’s possible. So many of them mean a lot to me.” I nodded slowly. “But,” he added, his voice low, “I’d most certainly keep this one.”

He rolled up a sleeve to show a photo strip he had gotten of me a long time ago, only a few years after we had gotten married. On the other arm, at almost the same spot he still wore the one of Adrienne. He told me once he’d try to get it covered up, but I told him not to and that there was no reason to. Adrienne always had been and always would be a part of his life, and there was no reason to erase the tattoos that held so many of their good memories.

Billie Joe pointed to the tattoo of me, smiling. I blushed and looked away before taking the arm he was showing me, and wrapping it around my body. I kissed his chin sweetly, loving the feeling of his body against mine. He leant down and kissed me sweetly once more before pulling away reluctantly and sighing. “We should go so that they don’t get pissed at us and assume we’re late from sex. Not that that would be necessarily a bad thing, I just don’t want to give them taunting rights.”

I giggled furiously and kissed him one last time before taking him by the hand and dragging him out of the bedroom, flicking the light off on the way.

***

Sydney was staying with Chris that night. When she was given the choice to be with her parents at the party with the drunken people, she chose to stay with her friends. Truthfully, I couldn’t blame her.

As soon as we stepped into the large crowd of people, half of them already drunk all seemed to pile on Billie, wishing him a happy birthday. I finally pulled him out, him thanking me constantly, trying to remember who those people had been.

In a matter of moments we were both pulled over by a slightly large men, who made it obvious that there was, or had been plenty of alcohol at the party. Tre Cool slung his arms around both of us, sloppily kissing both of our cheeks “Dis is fuhkin gate!” he cried out, his eyes wide as he tipped a glass of wine over my shoulder, spilling some on me as he tried to take a sip.

I rolled my eyes and lifted his heavy arm from around me, although he pulled me right back, still holding onto Billie, in who was trying to also get away. “Tre,” he grunted, “Tre man…”

Tre was grinning widely, a small line of drool escaping the side of his mouth. “HEY! Dis is my BEST friend and his SEXCY wife!”

A few people looked over at Billie Joe and me, smiling sympathetically. A pair of hands came around Tre’s neck, releasing his death grip on my husband and me. I sighed in relief as Billie Joe wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me close against him. We both looked back to see Mike, seemingly juggling people. In one arm was the drunken Tre, gabbling to Mike now. In the other, was Brittney, giggling at Tre.

Brittney and Mike had had an odd relationship, but non-the-less a nice one. They’d had so many off and on things that it was hard to tell when they were and weren’t calling themselves the married couple they were. Britney and I had always gotten along somewhat, never being as close friends as she and Adrienne were or as Rachel and I were.

“Happy Birthday, man,” Mike said with a grin, letting go of Tre to hug his dark-haired best friend quickly. “You’re officially the oldest bastard here.”

Billie Joe groaned, letting go of Mike’s embrace. “Thanks, man. You’re next.” He winked.

Mike laughed and shook his head. “Not for a while.”

The younger man looked over at me and smiled widely, hugging me sweetly. “Hey, Mand.”

I kissed his cheek and smiled, murmuring a quiet “hey”.

Before Brittney could get out a hello, Tre had plodded back over to us, not only taking Billie, but myself down with them. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

“It’s not my birthday,” I groaned, trying to get his drunken, yet steel grip off of me.

Besides the fact that Billie was being pinned to the wall by his best friend, who smelt terrible from the alcohol, there was a look of sheer amusement in his eyes as I tried to get Tre away from me. “I knooooow.”

I cocked an eyebrow, his face insanely close to mine, his warm breath on my lips. “Tre,” I sighed, “Billie Joe is the birthday boy here, why don’t you give him one hell of a birthday kiss, yeah?”

Tre’s drunken eyes lit up as he looked over at Billie Joe, who instantly started to struggle out of his friends grip frantically. I smiled smugly at him, squeezing out of Tre’s iron grip. “Have fun shoving your tongue down my husband’s throat,” I said sweetly, snorting at the horrified look on Billie Joe’s face. “I’m going to your wife, Tre.”

“JOE.”

I started laughing, turning to face Billie Joe, in who was staring at me angrily. “You’ve had sex with this man before,” I pointed out with a sly grin as he shot me a dirty look, “I don’t see why kissing is such a chore.”

“He’s drunk, Joe. He’s going to try to shove his tongue down my throat. It’s happened before. Don’t make me relive this.”

“For a bisexual man, you seem to be pretty sexist against your own kind.”

“God damnit Tre,” Billie Joe spat, ignoring me completely, “Let me go. Please. I’ll find your wife and then you two can have lovely married, birthday sex for me.”

Tre seemed to take what Billie Joe was saying into consideration. Billie Joe pushed Tre off of him weakly, immediately rushing over to my side. I laughed pathetically as he clung onto me, happy to be out of Tre’s death grip. It took Tre a few moments to notice that the guitarist was missing. He turned around to look for him and then grinned widely. “Come on!” he yelled, grabbing onto Billie Joe, who had no choice but to let go of me. “Let’s go find RACHEL.”

I burst into a fit of giggles as Mike, Brittney, and I stood, watching Tre pull my husband off into the people that had been invited to the party.

***

The grip that Tre had Billie Joe in earlier was now being used on me. I leant against a table, talking and laughing with Billie Joe’s brother, Alan, over a story he had been telling me. It was late in the night, and by then pretty much everyone had left.

Someone crashed into my side, causing me to jump and gasp. Alan laughed and stopped talking, watching as my wide eyes adverted from him to the man that was slowly sinking to the ground next to me.

I sighed gently and closed my eyes briefly as I wrapped my arms around the waist of my husband, pulling him upright as he returned the gesture by wrapping his arms around my belly and pressed his face into my shoulder. “You followed Tre, didn’t you?” I asked slowly. Billie Joe nodded into my shoulder, lifting an arm from my wait to wrap it around my neck. “And you didn’t find Rachel, did you?”

“Yes!”

Billie Joe pushed himself off of me and stumbled back a little bit, trying to regain his own balance, in which he was failing horribly at before I grabbed onto his wrist and pulled him back against me. “Did you two talk to Rachel?”

“Umm…n-no.”

I laughed and shook my head as I ran a hand through his dark and tousled hair slowly, throwing Alan an apologetic smile. He just smiled back, amused by his brother, in who seemed to be consuming at least half of the alcohol being served at the party. “I don’t know who the worst influence is,” I said with a laugh. “You or Tre.”

I felt the corners of Billie Joe’s lips lift into a toothy grin as he kept his head buried into my neck. “He bought me shots.”

My eyes narrowed as I looked down at him. “Billie…it’s a party…they were free to begin with.”

There was a bit of silence from the drunken man, and I started to wonder if he had passed out on my shoulder. I looked over at Alan who only shrugged at me before Billie Joe burst out laughing. I jumped ever so slightly and looked down at him while Alan shook his head, stifling a laugh.

I ran a hand down Billie Joe’s back, rolling my eyes as he slowly stopped laughing and stood back up, slightly straighter. He grinned drunkenly and pushed his lips roughly against my cheek, the drunken slobber that was on his lips creating a line of drool, making me wince and try to wipe it away as Billie Joe’s older brother snorted. “I think we should leave soon,” I said gently to Billie, keeping an arm around him to keep him standing.

The drunken fool gasped dramatically, his mouth dropping open. “Already?”

“Darling, it’s twelve and if I let go of you, you’ll fall.”

“No,” he slurred stubbornly.

I took my arm from around him, causing his legs to buckle and go out from underneath him as he collapsed on me. He giggled furiously and stuck out his tongue, licking my cheek. I just sighed and shook his head before wiping another line of saliva he had placed on my cheek off.

My eyes adverted from Billie Joe to the hired people to clean things up as he clung onto me even more. Alan smirked. “I guess it is getting late,” he admitted, “And we all have work tomorrow.”

I nodded with a disgusted look on my face. “That’s true. And the longer Billie Joe stays here, the longer the car ride seems, the more chance there is that Billie Joe vomits in my Jeep.”

Billie Joe’s brother laughed once again and nodded, throwing a cup into a black garbage bag that now hung from the corner of one of the tables set up.

***

Billie Joe slouched down slowly on the recliner. “I’m surprised,” I said simply, “that you actually made it home conscious.”

“I’m a full ov suprises.”

I laughed as I pushed myself up and off the couch, lending out a hand to help him up. He grabbed onto it and pulled me down as he grinned ferociously. “I want to carry you!”

My eyes widened as I tried to get up, but Billie Joe’s grip went harder around me as he tried to stand up. “Billie!” I cried out, trying to get down the best I could, “Billie, you’re going to drop me. You’re piss-ass-drunk and darling, you can barely carry yourself.”

“I will not!”

I tried my hardest to get out of his hands, but as he neared the stairs I stopped, hoping that he could at least get up the stairs without falling and breaking our bones. And even though I was scared that he’d drop me in the middle of the stairs and we’d both go tumbling down, I couldn’t stop laughing.

Billie Joe pulled my body closer to his as he stumbled, step.by.step. up the stairs slowly, him not even being able to hide his smile. The fact that he had managed to stumble up the stairs without killing both of us amazed me enough, now I just knew we wouldn’t make it to the bedroom.

Halfway down the hallway, Billie Joe tripped over his own feet, sending both of us flying. He fell forward, nearly landing right on his face and I slid onto my ass. As soon as the shock that jolted my body from hitting the hard wooden floors, I couldn’t help but burst out laughing, now feeling as if I was consuming as much alcohol as Billie Joe.

Billie Joe stared at me for a moment, going cross-eyed and then also starting to laugh. I felt my body being pushed down as Billie Joe climbed up onto me, the odor of alcohol escaping him. He grinned lazily, his eyes practically floating on the alcohol he had consumed. “Let’s make a baby,” he whispered, still grinning.

I laughed once again and gently placed my hand against his chest, pushing him off of me. “Darling,” I murmured, “You’re drunk as a fucking skunk. We’re in the middle of the hallway.” I slowly arched an eyebrow, waiting for it to click that I didn’t want to have sex right then. I rolled my eyes and sat back. “Besides, you’ll probably pass out before you can get it up, if you even can.”

The drunken man gasped dramatically, trying his hardest to stand up. I stood, leaning against Sydney’s bedroom door, an amused smile on my lips. “NO! I am PERFECTLY SOBER.” he argued, trying his hardest to lift his own body up.

I helped him slightly, causing him to smile even more before he grabbed onto my wrist and went stumbling down the hallway, nearly falling on his face the whole way as he pulled me along with him. Billie Joe pushed the bedroom door open and we both tumbled in and over to the bed where Billie Joe pushed me down. He grinned as he climbed over me, his eyes now barely open. “Darling,” I murmured before he could even bother to try to kiss me, “You’ll never make it.”

A drunken giggle escaped Billie Joe as he shook his head. I gently pushed him off me, his body falling back on the mattress as if he were made of stone. “I need to take off my necklace,” I admitted, “So it doesn’t snap like last year.”

Billie Joe nodded numbly as he lay back on the comfortable mattress and started to undo his belt. Part of me half expected me to come back into the room and find him naked, which, quite honestly, made me giggle to myself.

I walked into the bathroom that was attached to the bedroom and flicked on the light. I stared at my reflection for a moment, looking everywhere from the slight circles under my blue eyes to the fabric of the dress I wore. I watched the corner of my lips twisted into a smirk as I remembered looking back in this mirror back when I was eighteen. A slight odd feeling washed through me as I realized, as if for the first time, that the majority of my life was spent with the man who was probably passing out on the bed.

I sighed one last time at myself and shook my head before lifting my hands to the backside of my neck to un-do the clasp on my necklace that had been bought for me by Billie Joe the previous year after we had both been tipsy and had broken my other one.

After a few moments I finally stepped out of the bedroom and shut the light off as I entered the bedroom. No doubt my assumptions had been right. Billie Joe lay sprawled out on the bed, still fully clothed and snoring loudly.

It was hard to hide the laugh that I was holding down as I walked over to the bed and looked down at him. A small line of drool escaped the side of his lips as he snored; his hands were placed on his belt still, but slowly sliding off.

I told you so.

I left the light off as I changed quickly and quietly from my dress into a pair of sweats and a black Green Day hoodie that Billie Joe had let me have when I had first met him and was cold. I placed my hands up under Billie Joe’s arms and pulled his body up to the pillow and pushed him onto his side so that he wouldn’t choke on his own vomit. I tugged his black shirt off and his jeans, leaving him in just his boxers so that the next morning he wouldn’t complain about sleeping terrible because of his clothes.

I finally lay down next to him and looked over at him, ignoring the scent of alcohol that escaped his open lips as I watched him for a moment. I smiled slyly to myself and ran a hand through his dark hair and kissed his cheek. I giggled once more and lay down finally. “Perfectly sober, hmm?