‹ Prequel: In the End
Status: Hiatus.

Worry Rock

It's not a problem.

Two fingers wrapped around the collar of my shirt, a head burying it's self in my neck. A full head of dirty blonde hair was the only thing I managed to see, except for the lanky body before me.

"You gotta help me, babe.."

The grip on the back of my shirt tightened, the bassist holding onto me.

"I'm not the kind of guy that tells his daughter that her boyfriend is a slag..I need a girl to slowly tell her that her father hates her boyfriend.."

"Wait..what?"

The lanky man stood up, his hands resting on my shoulders.

"Estelle." He said simply, shaking his head, "She met a man when she went to Arizona-"

"Why the hell was she in Arizona?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

He shrugged, "She went with friends. But..but she met a guy. And yeah, he's nice and all..but I hate him. He should go back to his own damn state. I just don't know how to say it without her getting all pissy with me, and then not talking to me. She's my little girl..well..not so little..but what if Sydney met a kid that you hated?"

I stared at Mike for a while, before sighing and leading him off the doorstep to our house and into the lounge.

"You want something to drink?" I asked him lightly.

Mike shook his head slowly, "No thanks, hun."

I nodded my head, settling back on the couch next to him.

"So she met a guy.." I started slowly, "Is he at least cute?"

Mike swatted at my arm, despite how he was feeling smiling.

"I don't see what she sees in him. I don't like him at all. Just the way he looked at me when he shook my hand, meeting me. And he's a fucking smart-ass. If there's something I hate, it's someone being a smart-ass to me like him. Especially when I don't know him."

"Oh.."

He nodded his head, "Yeah..I just..I don't want her making a mistake, and I know this is one. If she decides to marry the stupid fuck, she'd be divorced in no time."

"Mike.." I murmured gently, placing a hand on his back, "Why don't you just tell her this?"

His eyes widened, him shaking his head.

"Mand..hun..I'm not that type of guy. That's Billie and Tre, your talking 'bout. I'm not like them. I can't go and tell my daughter that the man she's dating is an ass. She'd hate me..and she's my world."

I smiled sympathetically at Mike, wrapping an arm around his back.

"So..basically..what do you want me to do?"

The older man lifted his eyes to mine, a smile spurring at the side of his lips.

***

I sat down slowly, the sun beating down on the table I was sitting at. The girl across from me smiled at me sweetly, pushing a brown string of hair behind her ear.

"I love your outfit," I said with a nod of her head, her smiling appreciatively.

"Thanks hun, I adore yours."

We both giggled, a waiter immediately coming over to us.

"Hello ladies."

Estelle grinned, showing her perfect smile, returning the hello, along with myself.

"I'm Gustav and I'll be your waiter today..can I start off with any drinks?"

We both nodded, both ordering a lemonade.

"So," She started, smiling softly, "How are you?"

"I'm good, thanks," I said lightly, "I talked to your dad yesterday."

"Oh?" She asked, tilting her head to the side, "How's he doing?"

"Good, good." I nodded my head, Except for the fact he hates your boyfriend.

"That's good..last time I talked to him..he seemed to be a little stressed."

"Was your boyfriend around?"

Estelle quirked an eyebrow, folding her arms over her chest, "My boyfriend?"

"Oh..yeah..your dad mentioned something about you having a man."

"Oh, right, yeah," She smiled happily, "He's great."

"Your dad?"

She giggled, waving her hand, "Well, yeah, him..but I was talking about Christopher..I love him."

Poor Mike..

"Yeah? How long have you known him?" I asked, leaning closer to her.

She bit her lip, trying to think, "About a month or two, probably."

"Oh..wow..so..uh..how did you meet?"

How the hell do I say that her father hates her boyfriend?

"We met in Arizona..my friends and I were in a diner, and he came up to us and started talking," She smiled happily, "He looked so adorable.."

I groaned inwardly, closing my eyes for a moment.

"Does your dad like him?"

Estelle shrugged, "I'm not sure. He didn't really tell me or anything."

"Oh..did you ask?"

She quirked an eyebrow, resting her chin on the palm of her hand, her sunglasses shading her eyes.

"Was I suppose to?"

I shrugged, fixing the strap to my tank top that seemed to be a little too big for me, "I don't know. It's just, uh..I don't know. He's your dad, yunnow?" I asked, smiling to myself, "It's sorta like..yeah..you should ask...because he's your dad..he thinks he should have control in his little girl's love life."

She rolled her eyes playfully, "But I'm not his little girl. And besides. Most of my life I grew up with my mother..and she likes Chris."

"Oh..well.."

Estelle just shrugged like I had done, pushing a string of hair from her face.

"'Nuff 'bout him," She said lightly, "How are you?"

***

"I'm tired." Billie Joe muttered into the phone, "How are you, darlin?"

I shrugged, cradling the phone against my shoulder, "I'm okay, I guess. I had lunch with Estelle today."

"Oh?" He asked, "Really? Why?"

"Because Mike want's me to tell her that he hates her boyfriend."

There was silence except for a plucking noise, which I guessed came from a guitar.

"Sorry babe, hold on a sec.."

"Mmk."

I placed the phone down in the charger, pressing 'speaker' so I could still talk to Billie Joe without the trouble of trying to hold the phone. There was more plucking sounds, Billie Joe cursing under his breath every once in a while.

"Kay..I'm back..I had to tune this damn guitar..Tre killed it earlier."

I laughed lightly, shaking my head at the damage the drummer could do.

"Where is everyone?" I asked, looking down at a magazine that was resting on the counter.

"Oh..well..Mike went to get a coffee..and I'm not sure where Tre went..I think he's outside..but I don't know..the ass disappears all the time."

"He's the disappearing boy."

Billie Joe snorted at the reference to one of his old songs.

"Cute, babe." He said, the smile he was probably wearing showing through his tone.

I smiled proudly to myself, folding my arms, "Be happy you have me to make those reference for you."

"Trust me hun, I am every day."

"That's good," I grinned.

"Yeaaaah..fuck..I want to be home...I want you...I want to sleep...I don't want Mike or Tre to come back.."

I laughed as he rambled on, sighing once in a while.

"I wish I could have gone to lunch with you and Estelle..I wish I was home, messing up our room-"

"I think I'll pass on that one, hun." I murmured.

He laughed, "Kay. Well. I just want to be home..in a good mood after being here."

"Your day will come."

He snorted at that, sighing, "I pray every night for it. Wish upon a fucking star."

"But it has to be a shooting star."

"Oh..dammit.."

There was silence for a moment, except for more plucking.

"Hey babe..how does this sound?" He asked, placing the phone down on the table next to him, picking up the guitar that had been resting on his lap, "I just thought of the tune.."

***

"I'm drunk."

My eyes weren't even opened as I pressed the phone to my ear, sitting up in the bed slowly, the duvet sliding down my body.

"Uh..what?"

"I'm drunk."

I closed my eyes slowly, turning on the small lamp that rested on the table next to the bed, the phone pressed gently against my ear. I didn't bother looking at the clock, not sure if I wanted to know the time.

"Billie Joe? Jesus..you were suppose to be home hours ago, hun."

"I..I know..but..but I'm durunkk."

I sighed, resting my head in my hand, nearly falling asleep on the spot.

"J..oe?"

"Yeah Bill, I'm here."

"Oh.."

I groaned, shifting in the bed.

"So, what do you need me to do? Come and get you?"

"That'd be ni-ice..Pluese.."

"Okay..fine..thank god Sydney's back at Eddies for the night.." I muttered, mostly to myself, "Where are you?"

"Bar.."

"Well no shit, Sherlock. I figured that. I mean, where. What bar?"

"Oh.." He managed out, "Piperas.."

"Pipers?"

"Ye-es."

"Damn..okay..I'll be there..soon."

"Tha-ank You."

I sighed gently into the phone, nodding my head, "It's not a problem, babe."

And it better not become one.