Welcome To Paradise

Move out

*Three Years Later, my 18th Birthday*

Billie, Mike and Tre (or Green Day as they had re-named thier band) were holding a brilliant 18th birthday party for me at BJ's house where he lived with Mike. This was a sort of secret one, as we had had the formal one with my mum earlier today, but the minute she left...PARTY! Booze, fags and people were lying everywere. Not that I smoke or anything though. It was about 3:30 when the party finally ended, although it took me and the guys another hour or so to plough everyone into the street in our drunken stupor. After everyone that had come to the party was either lying in the pavement or stumbling down the road, me, Billie, Mike and Tre headed to bed. Tre crashed on the sofa, even though it was covered in numerous beer cans and fag butts, Mike headed off down to the basement, his make shift pad while the second bedroom was being (rather slowly) repainted. We mumbled goodnight to each other, although all we got in responce from Tre was a loud snore. Billie and I slowly dragged ourselves up the stairs, along the landing and into his room, where as I just managed to make it onto the bed before I passed out, Billie wasn't so lucky, and just hit the floor.

I woke up the next morning with a suprisingly gentle hangover, concidering how much I had drunk the previous night. I rolled over and looked over the edge of the bed, to find Billie still in a heap on the floor. He had drunk a lot more than me last night, he was probably already in the process of sleeping off a killer crash. I slowly levered myself up and went downstairs to make some brekfast, I was starving. I stuck a pan on the stove and threw some eggs and bacon into it. I was just finishing frying the eggs when Billie stumbled into the room, looking like death. He collapsed onto a chair, head down on the table.

I placed some eggs and bacon on a plate, got a glass of water and two asprin and placed them in front of him. He gingerly lifted his head and gave me a weak smile, and then procceded to basically absorb his food. I sat down with my food, and watched as he gulped down the asprin and the glass of water, and then put his head back down on the table. I finished my food, picked up both plates and the glass, shoved them in the already packed sink, and went back upstairs, pausing to kiss Billie on the cheek first. Concidering it was Sunday morning, and it was only 8:30, I went back to bed. I was dozing when I felt a weight on the edge of the bed. I woke up and rolled over, and found myself almost on top of Billie.

"At last, can I get a proper good morning now?" I said smiling.
"You sure can." He replied as he pushed my lips onto mine. I lay back down on my side and draped my arm across his chest. I sighed, not just because I was happy, but because I was sad too.

"Whats up?" Billie asked, putting his arm round me.
"Well, it's my mum. She said to me that the minute I turned 18 I have to move out. She's had enough of me, and now I have no where to go."
I looked up at Billie, who had a strange little grin on his face.
"What?"
"Move in with me."
"What!?"
"You heard me, move in with me."
"But Billie, what about Mi...."
"Mike will be fine with it, he's been asking me when I was going to ask you...Honestly," he said at the unsure look on my face, "I asked him if he was alright with it over a year ago at your last birthday party."
"Well talk about planning ahead..."
"Ok then it's settled, we'll go and grab your stuff later on!"
I huge smile swept across my face. At last I was moving out!

Later on that day, Billie and I headed over to my mums house which was about 3 blocks away. Billie's car had broken down, so we were going there in the pimped up book mobile. We pulled up at the house, got out and knocked on the door. Mum answered the door, and I saw her face drop as she saw who it was. Ever since she had caught me and Billie face down on our trampoline, drunk out of his skull, she had disapproved of me going out with him.

"So what are you two doing here?" She said in a bitter tone.
"We've come to collect my stuff," I replied in an equally bitter tone, "I'm moving in with Billie. It's a shame really that the law didn't let me move out sooner. I could have, but you wouldn't let me!"
"Well I would have if it wasn't going to be with that punk tramp you call a boyfriend!"
"Fuck off mum, you don't control my life anymore, so just move out my way so I can go and get my stuff."

I pushed past her and headed up to my room. I emptied my drawers, closet and every other container into a big black big bag. I also took my pillows and cover off my bed, don't ask me why...just something to remind me of home I suppose. I took the posters off the wall, grabbed all my cds and shoved them into the bag as well. I tied the bag up, grabbed my sterio and headed towards the door. I paused and looked back out over the bay, admiring the amazing view for the last time. To think that just three years ago, I was so excited to have this room, and this amazing house. Now I can't wait to see the back of it. I headed down the stairs with Billie hot on my heels and out the front door, which mum was still holding open. I dumped my stuff in the back of the van, and climbed in the front as Billie started up the engine. I breathed a sigh of relief as we drove away from the house. Finally I was free, finally I could run my own life how I liked.