Status: No longer in Uni because its summer so yaaaaaay for more updates!

Snow

2.

I'd been lying on the dusty bed, sideways, my short legs dangling over the side for quite a while. I'd been taking in my new atmosphere. The wooden flooring that had holes in it, reaching to the walls to the curved, white ceiling that indicted that I was in what used to be the attic. Despite the mistreated, eerie house, I felt a calm wash over me. I felt at home. I sat up, letting my shoes slip off my feet and padded over to the bay window, looking out into the countryside, backing onto a concrete paradise. Such a shame.

To burst my dreamy, trance-like bubble, the door, behind me, flew open. I turned like a ninja, not expecting the intrusion, forgetting what Tom had said about his son. The tall blonde haired boy, staggered in, my heavy suitcase, amplifier and guitars weighing him down. He dumped them on the floor, hunched over, panting. I smiled and rushed to help him.

“Oh, I'm sorry. I don't pack light!" I rushed, saving my guitars and leaning them against the desk in the corner. "I'm Sadie.”

“Kai.” he panted, his hand on his knee to hold him up. He waved his free hand lazily. “Don't. Worry. About. It.” I shuffled out of his way as he plodded across the room and collapsed in the comfy looking chair in one of the corners, his open hands, grazing the floor. Feeling awkward, I moved to my bags and began unpacking my stuff, thinking about Kai and my new home and then 'flick, flick'. I turned to see Kai with some life, smoke floating from his slightly ajar mouth, a cigarette hanging from his lips, discarding a match through the open window. “So,” he muttered “What are you, then?” The muscles around my eyes tightened.

“Excuse me?” I questioned in an unusually high pitch which even I didn't expect from myself. Kai looked worried for a moment.

“Sorry, forget I said anything.” He apologised after taking a long drag from his cigarette. “You're quite cute, really.” I stood up straight and stared at him. His mid-height, lounging body his face with those curious eyes and distinctive, cheeky smile hiding behind untidy blonde hair. I smiled back and let out a laugh, shaking my head and digging a t-shirt from my bag. “What?!”

“Nothing,” I sighed, still grinning. “You're just going to get me kicked out of here and fast. I can tell, already.”

“Naw, I wont,” he promised, this time with a straight face. “At least let me get to know you, yeah?”

“Sure but i'm not promising anything.” I warned as I finished unpacking and slid the bag under my bed before lying on my bed and ayeing the cigarette that looked far too comfortable between hhis fingers. “You shouldn't smoke, its bad for you.”

“nah, not really.” He disagreed, looking at the limited amount of cigarette he had left before taking a last breath of smoke before heaving himself up and walked past me, catching my hand in his as he went, picking me up and taking me with him. We walked from my new room, missing the stairs and through another door. “Its a bit stupid putting two teenagers on the same floor anyway” he muttered, as we entered the room which I guessed belonged to Kai.

“My god!” I gasped. It was beautiful: The ceiling. Covered in a painting of the night sky.

“Yeah, now if you'll let me, I'll show you how to party the Kai way!” he said, producing bottles of cheap wine, smiling at again with that god-damn smile.

“Be my guest!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short one!