Electric Eyes

Electric Eyes

She had lived for years.

She had seen things happen. Life and death. Love and hate. Hope and despair. Her eyes burned electric with all of her emotions.

She had been in love. Sure, she had loved more than one. Sure, she would never forget any of them. But only one man had she truly fallen for. He was the only one who made her really smile, the only one she wanted to spend her life with. And now...he just wasn't there anymore. She had been held captive in his heart for so long, she knew nowhere else to go. He still loved her. They both knew this to be true. But he had to go for a little while, he said.

So she fought to make him stay. Cried. Pleaded. Screamed. But in the end, she had to watch him go. She would never forgive herself for it.

So much time had passed since then. She wondered if he would remember to come back to her. If he would remember her eyes, burning electric with all she felt. If he would remember her lips, her moan, her cry, her voice, her laugh...her.

She didn't know. She wondered if she ever would. And those electric eyes finally shorted. Those electric eyes burned even hotter as she felt a new emotion: heartbreak.

For the first time in a long time...

Those electric eyes cried.