Skyway Avenue

One of One

She said, "Let's change our luck"
This night is all we've got
Drive fast until we crash
This dead-end life


I smiled as this song came over the car radio. This is one of my favorite songs. I was surprised to hear it being played on the radio, but hey, I wasn't complaning.

Driving over to his house gave me time to think about the past few months. Nothing that anyone could say would shake my resolve now. Many people would be surprised to hear what's going on in our lives right now. We most definently appear happy, but I know I feel empty without him. As though someone had ripped my heart out of my chest. I miss him when he's not with me, even for a second.

We had considered every option. First we thought of racing around in a few fast cars, and ending up crashing into a brick wall, but no, we'd be apart then. We couldn't let that happen.

Sweet dreams that won't come true.
I'd leave it all for you.
Brick walls are closing in.
Let's make a run tonight.


Most people would say that's normal love, his and ours. That I should just deal with the pain I get when he's not around. But you haven't seen what I've seen. I've seen two people who loved each other dearly get ripped apart-and now barely even speak to each other-all thanks to Hollywood's biggest gossip mongers. In fact, it's happened twice now. I can't stand the thought of us being next.

No, they won't do that to me and him. They won't get the chance. We'll be long gone before they ever realize it.

Tonight is the night.

She said, "Don't change your mind
Let's leave this town behind
We'll race right off the cliff
They will remember this."


Pulling up to his apartment building, I remembered discussing where to jump. We both thought a cliff would be fun to jump off of. We had gone cliff diving, though, and knew it wouldn't be enough. I also remembered my resolve starting to break a while into that conversation. All this talk of leaving....

But he helped me see reason. I remember his exact words. "I love you, I honestly do, and I don't want to end up like the other two pairs! I don't know what I'd do without the sound of your voice in my ear every morning, waking me up. I'd miss you, and I'd hate to hate you." That pulled my mind right back to where it should be. They'd remember us, but not for the reasons they thought they would.

It all got so mundane
With you I'm back again
Just take me by the hand
We're close to the edge


I ran to his apartment, my mind already losing the bits of whatever happened when I was away from him. His door opened to reveal him standing there in his favorite clothes. The light spilling from the apartment blinded me slightly, but I could still tell what he was wearing. A band tee with the black skinnes I had complimented so many times. In fact, the band tee from our bogus tour. That had been a blast. The hole in my chest left me, and was replaced with a whole feeling. I looked into his eyes and saw that he felt the same.

Blinded
By the light
Hold you through forever
Won't let you go


I took the small step to close the gap between us, and hugged him tight.

"You all set?" he whispered in my ear.

"I was set the day you convinced me." I smiled.

"That makes it sound like I'm forcing you to do this."

"Well, you're not, and you know you're not, so let's go!" I was excited. I was going to be with my one and lonely, forever. No one will tear us apart now.

Where are your guts to fly?
Soaring through
Through the night
And if you take that last step I'll follow you
Leave the edge and fly
We're finally alive


Taking the elevator to the top floor was easy. Climbing the steps up to the roof was easy. But looking over the city, for the last time, was hard to do.

"Love, are you alright?" He asked, his eyes soothing me. Yes, I was alright, now that I was with him. "We don't have to do this..." he started leading me back to the stairwell.

"Oh, no you don't," I pulled on his hand, snapping him into my arms, and planting a flirty kiss on his lips. "You're not getting rid of me that easily."

"I don't want to be rid of you," he pouted. "That's why we're doing this, right?"

I nodded. "Ready to fly?" I asked with excitement. His eager bop of the head was all I needed.

I started to sing softly to him. This he wasn't expecting.

"Cause if you jump, I will jump too."

The joy and love in his eyes was incredible. He sang the next line. "We will fall together"

"From the building's ledge."
We linked hands and walked to the edge. still singing line by line.

"Never looking back at what"

"We've done"

"We'll say"

"It was love"


Now, we sang together, in just whispers, holding each other close. I want to die looking into those beautiful eyes.

"Cause I would die for you
On Skyway Avenue"


We walked off the edge, softly singing the last line just before we hit the concrete, splattering, dying, and I got my wish. I died looking into the beautiful eyes of William Beckett.

My name is Travis Clark. I wrote Skyway Avenue. And I'm dead.

But I am happier than I could have ever wished to be on Earth. Because my William is still here with me, laughing his adorable laugh, and smiling his amazing smile. I am never away from him anymore. Just the way it should be.

So what's left to prove?
We have made it through.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!

But just for now.

No promises or anything.

I maybe-just MAYBE-might post a Rydon Valentine's Day thing that I wrote forever ago....

IF you all are good.

(Oh, and it's NOT dirty. PROMISE.)

I love you all more than I could possibly say,

ALovelyVampire
And thank you, the people who loved my stories before!! They may be back someday!!! But in a much cleaner way, thanks a bunchez.

Oh, and PLEEZ COMMENT!