Status: Stopped for the momment

Gabrielle

Snapped

3I looked up and saw the king, queen, and Hayden seated in their thrones. I scanned their faces for any signs of emotions. All I got back was…well, nothing. They all wore the same blank expressions. Jeez, most people would have laughed at that.

Suddenly the door was pushed open, and I fell on my face. A dull pain seemed to pass through me. I slowly got up, wincing at the bruises on my arms. These would be black and purple by tomorrow.

Joy. Thank you Spencer. I thought angrily, narrowing my eyes.

Spencer picked me up by the collar of my now torn smock. My eyes widened in fear. I seriously thought he was going to bite me. Just as his fangs were about to slide out, the queen yelled,
“Stop! She must not be harmed.”

“This is just a worthless little witch.” Spencer replied in a sulky tone. Excuse me? I’m not worthless!

“She…Gabrielle is not a worthless little witch. In fact that is what your father and I, would like to talk to you about.” the queen turned to me, “Please sit down.” Yeah! You tell him! I thought childishly.

I sat myself down on one of the many red velvet chairs surrounding the thrones. Spencer walked to his throne, next to Hayden, and sat down. I was puzzled as to why the queen was being so warm towards me. Normally she would just ignore me and the other slaves.

“We have noticed that your behavior has been irresponsible lately.” the king said, facing Spencer. No, seriously? I thought sardonically. Spencer ignored me, crossing his arms over his chest.

“We would like to give you Gabrielle as a pet. She may be just the responsibility you need.” the queen added. My mouth dropped wide open. Me, be Spencer’s pet? Hell no, we hate each other! What the hell are they thinking?

“You can’t do this to me!” Spencer shrieked. Normally I would have laughed but I was too upset. Who in their right minds does that?

Trust me buddy, the feeling’s mutual. I thought glaring at the floor.
Hayden let out an exasperated sigh. I couldn’t help but stare. He had dark brown hair, with blue highlights on the edges. Hayden’s eyes were syrupy amber-like color. His skin was, yet again, the infamous marble complexion.

“You will keep the witch as a pet. And you will like it!” the king yelled, pulling me out of my thoughts.

“Calm down dear, it’ll do us no good to yell at him.” the queen sighed, patting her husband’s arm soothingly.

I truly felt pity towards her. Having to be Spencer’s mom must be a horrible experience.

“Come here.” Spencer grumbled, pointing at me. I followed behind him, glaring at his backside. Seriously, what am I? A dog?

We walked down a small hallway in the west wing. Then he turned left and up three flights of stairs. I was struggling to keep up with him. Being Spencer, he ran up the stairs. Did I mention he ran up at vampire speed?
My lungs felt like they were about to burst when we finally reached the fifth floor. I probably looked like a fish out of water. On the way to his room, we passed a mirror. I looked at my reflection and gasped. My hair was in a tangled mess and a scar ran from my right temple to the corner of my mouth. I sighed and followed Spencer to his room. No use freaking out over it; I can’t do anything about it anyway.
I had never been in Spencer’s room before. It had dark blue walls and a lush indigo carpet. The bed had black and blue comforters with white pillows. Of course, there was the usual television and game systems. Hey, at least the prick had good taste.
“You will sleep on the floor.” was all Spencer said before pulling on his black T-shirt with the words are you done yet? in bold red letters. I turned away quickly, not wanting to be bothered anymore today.

I sat on the floor twirling my hair. Suddenly a night gown landed on my head.

“Put it on.”

“Fine, where’s the bathroom?” I asked.

“Down the hall, to your right.”

I rolled my eyes and walked out. I was running to the bathroom. My smock was practically a dish rag, it was stained with dirt and who-knows-what else. I was surprised it hadn’t been stained with blood from earlier.

Once there, I quickly slipped the night gown on. The cloth felt cool and soothing to my bruised skin. When I looked in the mirror, I was horrified. The gown said ‘Bite me’ on the front and had the words written smaller all over the gown. I can’t believe I didn’t notice that! No way in hell, am I going to put that on.

I pulled the gown off roughly and put my smock on again. It was either this, or wear a night gown that practically gave everyone permission to suck me dry. I shivered at the thought.
I looked behind my shoulders as I walked back. Spencer would probably punish me in some way, but it was fun to mess with him. Now that I think about it, I’ve never been one to follow rules anyway (mostly). I’ve always found one way or another to have my way. For some reason, I can always get away with it.

Suddenly, I found myself on the ground. When I looked up, I saw one very angry Spencer. Trust me people, that’s not something you want to see.

“How’s it going, Spencer, my man?” I shrugged sheepishly. I said I liked to mess with him. I never said anything about not being afraid of him.

“Why aren’t you wearing the night gown I gave you?”

“About that…” I trailed off, my eyes drifting to a clock on the wall. It read 10:00 pm.

“Why aren’t you wearing it!” he shouted. I cringed and shrank back, feverishly wishing I could disappear.

“Um, I…didn’t really like it.” I finished quietly. He’ll probably slap me, he can’t do anything that bad, can he?

“You didn’t…never mind come with Me.”, Spencer said through his teeth. I cowered back, until my back hit the wall. Spencer walked slowly towards me. I got a lump in my throat and a shiver ran down my spine.

Spencer grabbed a fist full of hair and lifted me up. I winced from the sharp pain. Jeez, what is he trying to do, cause me hair loss?

“You will do what I tell you when I tell you.” he snapped at me, baring his fangs. Sure I will, just keep telling you that, buddy.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and screamed at him, “You will never order me around again. I will not follow any of your damn rules! You leeches may have kidnapped me, but you don’t own me.”
Spencer’s eyes shone pitch black as his fangs grazed my neck. I squirmed uncomfortably. His hand still held a hand full of my hair. The pain had dulled by now. I felt his icy cold breath on the crook in my neck as he searched for the perfect spot. Suddenly his fangs pierced my skin. Okay, I take back what I said about him not hurting me. I felt an intense wave of pain speed through my body. Those disappeared before I could react, a fog of sleepiness settled over me. The last thing I remember is a wicked grin plastered on his face as he drank my blood. Then blackness surrounded me and I blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for not updating. school, parties and annoying twits have kept me busy. anywho, enjoy!