The Hunt

The club

"Hey Scarlet, twelve o'clock" Ice says nodding her head towards the bar.
Scarlet catches a glimpse of two vampires seducing two human girls. Ice watches the vampires carefully and see's that they have drugged the drink that the human girls are receiving. Scarlet is quickly taking note of the club. "If we need a quick escape other then the front door the fire escape is on the far side of the club, the ceiling doesn't hold any places for stealth attacks" Scarlet thinks quickly.
“Do we wait or strike now?” Scarlet asks Ice.
“Well maybe it would be best if we don’t attack them in a room with some humans around” Ice says
“There is actually close to two hundred people here” Scarlet notes smiling.
“Well we don’t all fuss over details so terrible bad as you” Ice retorts smiling.
Scarlet simply pokes her tongue out.
“Wow great come back” Ice says sarcastically.
“So what do you plan we do then? Chase them down the street while they carry two drugged girls on their shoulders?” Scarlet says only half serious
“Well I don’t think you would be able to chase them down that easily with those heels you’re wearing” Ice notes looking down at her friend’s high heels.
“I could win an Olympic race with these shoes on” Scarlet retorts
Ice doesn’t say anything back she just looks over Scarlets shoulder at the two vampires.
“The girls took the drinks but are distracted for the moment” Ice says
“Do you want me to get a closer look?” Scarlet asks.
“Yeah it couldn’t hurt, just don’t get caught” Ice says
“Hold my purse” Scarlet instructs handing her purse over.
Ice nods taking the small bag. Scarlet suddenly disappears in front of Ice. No one around the two notices. Ice patiently waits at the table for Scarlet to return. Scarlet had been able to turn invisible since she was ten years old. It is helpful except if Scarlet is callous and the creatures they hunt smell her. Ice laughs softly to herself remembering the first time Scarlet used her invisibility going into a vampire’s house. The vampires smelt her in less then a minute. Scarlet came running out of that house at lightening speed. Her face was priceless.

Suddenly Scarlet materialises in front of the table.
“Did you find anything useful?” Ice asks handing Scarlet her bag back.
“The girls just finished the drink as I left and will soon be taken from here will the vampires carrying them saying the girls must be drunk” Scarlet says
“That’s what every vampire does; I said did you find anything useful” Ice sighs with boredom written all over her unblemished, defined features.
“What did you expect?” Scarlet asks shrugging “One of them to yell out everything about themselves to the club?”
“That would have been great”
“Well they didn’t”
“Fine” Ice huffs.

Scarlet and Ice watch the vampires at the bar. One of the human girls with them starts to show signs of the drug working.
“Want to wait outside for them?” Scarlet asks
“Is there any other way they can get out of here?” Ice asks
“No the only other door is a fire door and it has an alarm on it” Scarlet says walking towards the exit.
“Good to know” Ice says following after her friend.
Everyone in the club around them has absolutely no idea what is unfolding around them. They have no idea that the young women walking in their midst are the most talented and feared slayers in the city. Well they are the most feared by vampires and werewolves, even if the creatures who fear them don’t even know what they look like but there are whispers about their existence. Nor do the people know what is standing right in front of them at the bar ready to kill some innocent girls.

The night’s air whips around the slayers as they step out of the club. They both welcome in the fresh, cool air after sitting in the hot, stuffy air of the club.
Nearby there car is parked waiting to get them home once they have stopped these monsters. They cross the street to wait for the vampires. Both girls check their weapons. Ice is the most skilled person with a gun you will ever meet while Scarlet can wield any blade with perfect precision. Together they are unstoppable killers.

After a few minutes the doors to the club open to four people exiting. To exact two humans and two vampires leave. As predicted the vampires have the humans slung over there shoulders. The vampires don’t walk down the street to put them in their car instead they walk straight into an alley beside the club.
“They seem to be desperate to have their meal” Scarlet says softly as both slayers run across the road.
The vampire’s laughter greets them in the alley. “Animals” Ice thinks to herself. Both of the girls are able to walk into the alley without as much as a whisper of sound. They both freeze as they hear the vampires suddenly stop laughing. One of the vampires hisses at the girls.
“Damn” Scarlet curses as she pulls her blade out.
Beside Scarlet, Ice takes out both of her guns. Each hand is able to fire with perfect aim. Before the vampires attack Ice fires shots in the direction of the hissing. The hiss chokes off as the creature drops to the ground with a thud. Scarlet takes the opportunity of the kill to run at the other vampire. Before he grabs her she jumps with her hands on both of his shoulders. She jumps using the vampire to flip herself over the top. Her landing is perfect and makes only a muted sound that is no more then a book softly closed. The vampire doesn’t react quick enough and Scarlet kicks the back off his knees. He is forced to the ground then Scarlet slips her blade across his neck with practiced precision. The cut wouldn’t be enough to kill a vampire with a normal blade but the dagger Scarlet uses is an old slayer’s dagger. Its hilt is inscribed with old languages and symbols. The blade has an intricate design of twin dragons, one of each side. Scarlet cleans the blade now covered with the strange almost black substance of a vampire’s blood off on the vampire’s expensive clothing. The vampire’s body slumped over lifeless and quickly withering away. Nearby the human girls are unconscious. Scarlet reach into the vampire’s shirt pocket and pulls out his phone. She dials emergency number and gives the address so the girls will be found by humans.
“All in a nights work” Ice says happily as they both walk to their car.
♠ ♠ ♠
hiya this is a storie written by me and Lurking_shadow so go read her stories too!