The Hunt

Was It A Nightmare

The girls get back to the apartment with their legs hurting terribly and a grey cloud hanging over there heads. They trudge over to the lounge and fall back onto the couch.
“I can’t believe we were used” Ice says sighing unhappily
“We were the ones who were suppose to use them not the other way round” Scarlet agrees.
“All we got were broken hearts and a sore ankle” Ice says
“There is no way I’m going back to Ryan after what he did” Scarlet declares after a moment of silence.
“I’m not going back to Mathew” Ice says.

Even though both girls had declared they would not go crawling back to the boys it was only half hearted, they both knew they could stand being apart from them.
“I’m going to bed” Scarlet sighs standing up.
“Me too” Ice says standing up and glancing at her sore ankle.
The mark was burning red on both the girls as they trudge through to their bedrooms.

Scarlet lay in bed staring at the ceiling ignoring the searing pain in her ankle.
“I have to see him” She sighs to herself getting out of bed.
She changes into some casual cloths that still flaunt her body nicely before sneaking out through the house with weapons concealed to fight off any creatures lurking around the place. Scarlet pauses at the door considering leaving a note but thinks to herself that she will be back before Ice wakes up. She begins to head down the road while Ice is laying awake in her bed.

Ice lays in bed mulling over what had happened today and finally decided to go and see Mathew. She pulls on some casual cloths and walks to Scarlet’s door. Ice pauses before knocking.
“Scarlet doesn’t need to know” Ice thinks to herself then walks towards the front door where Scarlet had walked out just minutes earlier.
The cold night air greets Ice as she leaves the house. She head off down the street prepared to fight off any attackers.

Scarlet arrives at the room where Ryan is being kept before ice reaches Mathew and takes a seat beside Ryan’s bed. Just being near her lifts all the tension and unease from her and the mark warms against her skin instead of burning. Scarlet reaches out and holds Ryan’s cool hand. He doesn’t stir from his sleeping state. His breathing remains calm and steady but his hand lightly squeezes back on her hand. Scarlet smiles and silent pulls her chair closer to Ryan’s bed leaning her head on his shoulder stroking small patterns across his hand.

Ice quietly enters Mathew’s room. He looks so calm and beautiful. She pulls her chair close to his bed and brushes a strand of hair out of his face. Ice leans over and lightly pecks Mathew’s cold lips. Mathew doesn’t stir as Ice lays her head on his shoulder sighing quietly.

Scarlet wakes up to Ryan kissing her forehead. She looks up at him shocked and looks around the room confused before realising she had fallen asleep in the room.
“Hey baby” Ryan says softly.
“How are you feeling?” Scarlet asks cautiously.
“Better now that I am with you” Ryan says
“Did the antidote work?” Scarlet asks
“Antidote? Wait, why am I here?” Ryan asks looking around
“Do you remember anything that has happened recently?”
“Well I was working when I got surprise attacked then….” His voice trails off until his eyes suddenly widen and he gasps looking at Scarlet “Please tell me that it was just a nightmare and I didn’t hurt you”
Scarlet shakes her head.
“It happened.” She says in a low soft voice.

Ice is greeted with the same sight as Scarlet with Mathew when she awoke the following morning.
“Ice? Why are we in a hospital room?” Mathew asks a moment after Ice wakes up.
“Can’t you remember?” Ice asks cautiously afraid that Mathew isn’t cured and this is just a trap to get Ice’s heart further hurt.
Mathew looks at her confused.
“Think back to when I received that phone call one morning” Ice says softly “What happened that day?”
Mathew closes his eyes trying to remember after a second his eyes shoot open and look at Ice’s neck that she has covered with a turtleneck top. His cold hand brushes down her cheek to the top of her top. He pulls down the material until he finds two marks on Ice’s neck. Immediately he pulls his hand back.
“I did that?” He asks disbelieving.
Ice nods covering her neck again.
“And your ankle?” Mathew asks still wide eyed and horrified at his own doings.
Ice nods again unable to find her voice. Mathew clenches his fists tightly together.
“But still you wait by my bed for me to wake up?” Mathew asks realising
Ice finds her voice finally.
“Wouldn’t you do the same for me?” She asks
“Of course but I’m a monster, how can you even stand sitting near me?” Mathew asks then suddenly something clicks in his mind “Of course” He groans burring his face in his hands.
Ice seats there confused.
“Of course, what?” Ice asks
Mathew peers at her from between his fingers.
“You’re only here because the bond pulls you to me and it would hurt you if you stay away from me” Mathew says barely audible.
Ice couldn’t deny that was part of the reason she was with him but pat of her loved him beyond the bond. She reaches up and takes a head away from his face holding it in her delicate fingers. Ice looks right into Mathew’s eyes as she speaks.
“Mathew the bond will never be strong enough to hold against my will, I am here because I” Ice pauses unsure if she should say the l word just yet “I’m here because I want to be with you”
Mathew looks but into her eyes loving. Her eyes remind him of someone else he has met. Ice’s eyes are so similar to Frost’s eyes but Frost’s eyes were dull and emotionless where as Ice’s eyes hold so much beauty and passion.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone!
I hope you are all well. What do you think of the chapter? Will Mathew ever catch on that Ice is Frost? Only time can tell. Thank you for reading and subscribing. Please leave a comment we'd love to hear what you think.

Lurking_shadow and Bloodychocolate.