The Hunt

Like A Ton Of Bricks

“Come on, let’s get inside” Scarlet says walking towards the front door pulling Ryan along with her.
Ice and Mathew trail the pair. Scarlet unlocks the door and gestures everyone to enter. Inside something feels different. The girls look at each other to determine if the other one can sense something off. They exchange a glance and nod knowing they should check the house for danger but having the boys with them would make it hard.
“Do you two want to take a seat in the lounge room while Ice and I get some drinks?” Scarlet asks the boys.
They nod and walk towards the lounge room without being shown the way. Ice and Scarlet are concerned but even more concerned in finding what is wrong. Both girls move quickly through the hall crouched with weapons in hand. Ice signals for Scarlet go to the right of her bedroom door as Ice moves to the left side. On the count of the three Scarlet throws the door open. Both girls enter the room quickly to find two demons standing by the window. The demon turn quickly glaring at the girls.
“What the hell?!” Ice says under her breath hoping the boys don’t rush in here “Who advertised where we live?”
“I don’t know but I don’t think they’re here to catch up over a cup of coffee” Scarlet says
One of the demons launch themself at the girls suddenly without warning. Scarlet and Ice both react with amazing speed. Ice knows as soon as she fires her gun the boys with come running so she lets Scarlet dispose of the demon. Scarlet wields the dagger with ease as she slices across the demons neck. Not quite red blood pours from the demon turning to smoke as soon as it hit’s the carpet or Scarlet’s skin. The demons body hit’s the ground with a thud. Ice had been watching the other demons moves while Scarlet had dispatched the other demon.
“I hope you girls liked our friends present to your men” The demon says
Ice and Scarlet do there best to conceal the swell of emotions that hit them. His eyes flick to their ankles and he smirks seeing the mark.
“Must be terrible knowing your life, happiness and sanity depends on being around them” the demon says “It is but a small repayment for your attack on my brother and friend”
“Didn’t think demons cared at all” Scarlet responds.
“Well I guess nothing more can be done here, for now” the demon says sounding as if he is summarizing their conversation
“You aren’t leaving this house” Ice tells him coldly.
“Oh but you see, I am and you will also being seeing a lot more of me” the demon says before turning to the window and diving out.
Ice raises her gun and Scarlet moves to get the demon but he is already but a black speck in the dark night.
“Damn!” Ice curses a little to loud.
The girls here the boys worried whispers and their quickly approaching footsteps. They look at each other wondering what to do. The dead demons body is going to take another five minutes before it burning itself. Ice ushers for Scarlet to follow her out of the room. Scarlet follows tucking her dagger back in it’s concealed sheath. Ice slips her gun in it’s holster as Scarlet shuts the door behind them. The girls hurry back through to the kitchen where the boys have just entered.
“You alright?” Mathew and Ryan ask at the same time.
“Of course just we only have coke or coffee, I thought we had some alcohol in the house” Ice replies at the same time as Scarlet.
Both girls conceal a smirk at their synchronised lie.
“Coke is fine” Ryan says coming over to Scarlet and wrapping his arms around her “You got me worried for a second”
“Oh I’m sorry” She replies pecking his lips.
“You had me thinking you were hurt” Mathew says after wrapping his arms around Ice.
Ice links her arms behind Mathew neck before leaning into him and pecking his lips.
“Thanks for the concern but I’m alright” Ice says looking into his eyes.
Mathew stares back into hers and brings his lips down only a hairsbreadth away from Ice’s lips. His cold breath making her skin tingle where it touches.
“Now where’s that Coke?” Ryan calls out loudly interrupting Ice and Mathew’s moment.
Ice huffs before ignoring him and leaning into Mathew kiss. Mathew kisses her back with passion and lust but the lust is overpowered by his love for her. It is like no other kiss Ice had ever experienced. His lips cold lips seemed to spread warmth through her entire being. Ryan starts looking through the cupboard making an enormous clatter as Scarlet laughs at how hard he is trying to break up ice and Mathew’s kiss. Finally the two pull away from each other and Mathew glares at Ryan. Ice notices how Scarlet’s laugh is so much more joyful and carefree then she has ever heard it.
“We’ve both fallen like a ton of bricks for these guys” Ice thinks to herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone. Sorry about how long it has taken to get this chapter up but we would love to hear what you think. What does this demon have in store for the girls? Will Mathew and Ryan ever discover Scarlet and Ice's secret double life as Carver and Seeker? Thanks for reading and subscribing.
Lurking_shadow and Bloodychocolate