The Hunt

Hunter!

“Who’s your little friend?” Ice asks looking at the woman Jason was flirting with.
The woman looks up from her purse to see all three of them looking at her.
“Hello” She says timidly
“Girls this is Tina, Tina these girls are apparently my sisters but I’m still hoping the tests say otherwise” Jason introduces the girls.
“Nice to meet you Tina but I must apologise for this one” Ice says before stage whispering to Tina “I think he was dropped on his head too many times”

“Thanks Ice like you’re one to talk” Jason retorts sarcastically
“Hi, I’m Scarlet” Scarlet says ignoring her bickering siblings. “And that’s Ice”
Tina smiles weakly then both Tina and Scarlet sit back watched the pair argue.
“At least if I was adopted that means I was chosen by our parents” Ice says leaving Jason without a reply
“Ha I win!” Ice exclaims triumphantly.
Jason starts talking to Tina again but Ice and Scarlet are distracted by the feeling of eyes watching them from somewhere in the club. Both girls looks around to try and catch whoever is looking at them out but no one appears to be staring at them. Ice shrugs of the feeling but Scarlet begins to calculate her surrounds just out of habit. Her leg moves to feel that her dagger is still strapped to her calf and hidden from sight. Once she feels that the dagger is there she turns back to the conversation.

The conversation is interrupted when a young man comes to the bar to buy a round of drinks for his friends. As he waits for his drinks he looks over to Scarlet and smiles.
“Hi, I haven’t seen you around here” The man says then one of his friends comes up to Ice.
“Well just been long over due for a night out” Scarlet replies.
“I’m Ryan by the way” He says
“Hunter! Where are those drinks?” One of his friends yell to him
“Hunter?” I question
“Yeah just a name I picked up” He says
“Any reason they call you that?” Scarlet asks genuinely interested.
“Just a joke around work” He smiles before grabbing the drinks “I didn’t catch you’re name”
“I’m Scarlet”
“Beautiful name, I hope to see you around again sometime” He says before walking back over to his friends that are all growing impatient.

“Well Ice it was a pleasure to meet you but I’d better grab my drink before the guys skull it” The man talking with Ice says
Once their out of hearing distance Scarlet and Ice face each other.
“Who was that?” Scarlet asks
“He said his name was Mathew” Ice replies “Who was that?”
“Ryan” Scarlet shrugs

“Well at least we know who was watching us” Ice says
“My little sisters have a crush” Jason teases pointing his finger at the girls
Scarlet rolls her eyes before grabbing his finger and twisting it back. She doesn’t do it enough to break it but it still hurts.
“I thought mum told you to not pick on me” Jason says
“I could say the same to you” Ice retorts
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello readers. Bloodychocolate and I would love to recieve some comments. Thanks for reading.