The Hunt

Yet

“I wonder who Arjun and Sidka are?” Scarlet says to Ice as they both sip a glass of water.
Ice shrugs.
“Aren’t they suppose to be past lovers?” Ice asks
Scarlet shrugs.
“I guess, but that would mean we have lived before as well” Scarlet says slowly as they think.
“Why does Tina know so much?” Ice says with a slightly whiny tone.
“I know” Scarlet agrees as she slumps against the counter “I hate not knowing everything, I feel so vulnerable being left out of the loop.”
“If Tina knows so much, she must remember” Ice says slowly trying to figure everything out.
Scarlet just nods listening.
“And she is Jason’s guardian, so she returned to him” Ice continues, “She remembers him and loves him, so that means someone out there loves us”
Scarlet still has nothing to add as she listens.
“They remember us and need to protect us” Ice finishes.
“That could only be Mathew and Ryan” Scarlet says then huffs.
“But they are full vampire and would have told us” Ice says shaking her head.
“True, they wouldn’t keep something that important from us”
Scarlet sighs and gives up.

******** ******** ********

“We should go talk to them, alone” Ryan tells Tina and Jason.
Tina looks at Ryan curiously then shrugs. Jason shakes his head.
“My sisters were hurt enough to run away from you, they wouldn’t do that without good reason” Jason says “If you dare to hurt them ever again I will strike you down”
Ryan and Mathew stay silent as Jason’s words sink in. Jason may not be as strong as a vampire but both Mathew and Ryan know he is powerful enough to follow through with that threat if the girls were ever hurt.
“Jason, we could never dream of hurting your sisters, we love them” Mathew says.
Ryan nods having nothing to add.

Jason shakes his head and walks away with an arm around Tina. Mathew looks at Ryan before he opens the kitchen door.
“Can we talk?” Mathew asks
The girls look at each other and both war internally to throw the contents of the nearest cupboard at the boys.
“We need to talk, I can’t bare this” Ryan says stepping forward.
“Fine, talk” The girls say in unison as they cross their arms over their chests.
“We only brought you to hell to protect you” Mathew starts
“We didn’t mean for you to be so unhappy” Ryan continues
“We didn’t lose faith in your ability to protect yourself”
The boys talk the same way the girls do. Scarlet and Ice see how strange it is now but listen intently to the boys.
“We just had to do everything we could think of to keep you out of harms way”
“That demon couldn’t be allowed the chance to hurt you”
“We love you too much for that creature to touch you”
“Yes our step…. Thing is terrible”
“It is the downside of visiting”
“But it was a small payment in exchange for your wellbeing”
The boys are talking faster as they get desperate for the girls to understand. Scarlet holds up her hand.
“We understand, but next time we need to talk everything over before you make all the decisions” Scarlet and Ice say in unison.
Both men breathe out relieved.
“I’ve missed” Scarlet says then runs and jumps into Ryan’s arms.
Ice does a similar thing and the couples stand there whispering sweet nothings in the each other’s ears.

******** *************** ************
“Do you think they will actually tell the girls?” Jason asks Tina.
Tina shrugs.
“In their own time, they aren’t known for their haste in telling the girls” Tina says “And with good reason, the second life they had together the boys told the girls very early in the relationship”
“How did that go?” Jason asks.
“Arjun and Sidka received a curse from the ladies that prevented them from ever stepping on the same continent as the girls for two whole centuries, it nearly killed them” Tina explains with a far off, reminiscent look in her eyes.
Jason hugs her.
“Tell me about us” he says then places a soft kiss on her cheek.
“Well, you are always magnificent” Tina starts
“Are you always this gorgeous?” Jason asks
Tina laughs.
“Your sense of humour always seems to follow you” Tina tells him.
“Was I ever anything cool? Like a solider?” Jason asks interested.
“Of course, you were once quite literally my knight in shining armour while I was the damsel in distress”
Jason takes her hand and kisses it softly.
“At you service my dear Madame” he says smiling.
“I wish you would remember everything we have been through” Tina says with a sigh.
“Me too” Jason says then pecks her lips.
Someone clearing their throat interrupts the pair.
“So this must be the wonderful brother of my soon-to-be-daughters, and his lovely wife” Elizabeth says clasping her hands together with a smile.
Jason and Tina laugh.
“We aren’t married” Tina says
“Yet” Jason finishes.
Tina looks at him shocked. She never can get used to the thought that this wonderful man wants to marry her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi,
sorry I took so long to get this chapter done and sorry it was so boring but I have been in a lot of pain and very unwell. I am slowly getting better but this pain won't stop yet.
anyway thanks for reading/subscribing/commenting.

Lurking_shadow and BloodyChocolate