The Hunt

Only Time Can Tell

Ice slowly eases back to life after sleeping. She yawns and stretches reaching out for her man. Her hands only touch an empty side of the bed. She opens her eyes finally to find herself laying alone in the room.
"Mathew?" she calls out softly still half asleep.
With a sigh she closes her eyes again. Mornings have never been her specialty but she is a bit calmer and happier this morning after last night's kill. Ice lays for a moment planning on getting out of bed, soon. She doesn't need to worry about getting up because she hears the door opened slowly. Ice cracks one eyelid open to catch a glance of Mathew creeping back into the room. The bed sinks down as he lays beside her. He's just relaxed thinking he has made it back without waking her when Ice rolls over to face him.
"Morning" she smiles.
"Uh, morning love" Mathew replies obviously wanting to have avoided this.
"What were you doing?" Ice asks still sounding half asleep as she wraps her arms around his neck and laying her head on his chest.
"Nothing to worry yourself over" he replies before pressing his lips to her forehead.
Ice peers up at him.
"I really hate it when you say that" she finally responds.

Scarlet wakes up to find Ryan's arms wrapped around her waist. She slowly eases his arms away from around her. So far so good. Her movements are purposefully slow as she tries her hardest not to wake him. She places a pillow in his arms then slowly inches to the side of the bed. Just as she thinks she has gotten up successfully Ryan's voice frightens her.
"You can't trick a vampire" Ryan says then chuckles.
Scarlet squeaks out a small cry of shock as she tips off the edge of the bed. Ryan chuckles again as he crawls over to peer at her. Scarlet pouts at him as she rubs her bum.
"That hurt" Scarlet says and pouts.
"Want me to kiss it better?" Ryan asks with a mischievous grin.
"That could help" Scarlet decides smilling back.
Ryan reaches over and pulls her back onto the bed with his strong caring arms.
"Where did you hurt?" he asks as if she is five years old.
"I landed on my butt" Scarlet tells him while mocking the voice of a five year old as she rubs mostly her hip rather than her bum.
Ryan smirks and leans over to place a kiss on her hip when suddely the door opens. The couple jump slightly when they see Elizabeth standing there with a servant. Ryan glances at his step mother before kissing Scarlet's hip. He places a kiss on her stomach. Scarlet giggles to her horror as his kiss tickles her.
"What in Satan's name are you two doing?" Elizabeth hollers from the door.
It's at this moment Scarlet wishes she had Ice's powers. If she had those powers Scarlet would be able to slam that door in Elizabeth's face and satisfy a desire growing in her that is stronger than the desire to kill something.
"We were just about to do something that James would now refuse to do with an old hag" Scarlet's mouth replies to her horror.
Where did THAT come from? Scarlet wonders to herself as the three other people gawk at her. A smile threatens to creep over Ryan's face after the shock has passed as he looks at her.
"WHAT?" Elizabeth explodes from the doorway "What did you say?" Elizabeth demands while clenching her fists.
"You heard me" Scarlet responds calmly.
"You little bitch! Whore! I'll have you cast off into the hottest pits of Hell!" Elizabeth screeches taking an advancing step.
"Quiet woman!" Ryan thunders in a tone that make Elizabeth freeze "How dare you call my darling that! Tell us what you have come to say then leave my sight at once before I have you punished!"
The authority in Ryan's voice squished the rage in Elizabeth.
"You're father asked to tell you of a lunch he is holding for the powers of Hell" Elizabeth says quietly with her eyes down cast.
She is behaving like a slave and Scarlet is savouring every moment of it. The servant behind Elizabeth can hardly keep the grin of her face.
"Very well, now leave and I want to see you no more today" Ryan demands and to everyone's shock,. Elizabeth actually listens.
The doors is softly clicked shut by the servant and Scarlet bursts out laughing. Ryan chuckles with Scarlet still unbelieving about what just happened and knowing there will be Hell to pay for it. Scarlet smiles and runs her hand across his chest.
"Where were we?" She whispers to him in a seductive tone.
Ryan brings his face closer to hers and just as their lips are about to touch the door is opened. The couple sigh and look up. Mathew and Ice stand at the door smiling sheepishly.
"This is ridiculous" Scarlet mutters before pulling Ryan's lips onto hers.
"Aw" Ice sighs from the door and Scarlet feels around on the bed for something to throw at her while her lips are still connected to Ryan's.
She find nothing and finally they break away from the kiss.
"I hate these disruptions" Scarlet sighs as she pulls herself against Ryan's chest.
"Me too" Ryan agrees wrapping his arm around Scarlet.
"Sorry to interrupt but the whole house was shaking from a shouting match" Mathew says.
"Lizzie is just a little cranky so she is in the naughty corner" Scarlet says with a grin.
Ice bursts out laughing at this. Mathew just smiles but his mind is lingering on other matters. Ryan glances at his brother and feels a weight settle back on is heart as he thinks to the ring sitting in it's place. The ring is just waiting for this evening but Ryan can't wait. He wants to both never have to do but also wants to just get it ove with. He loves Scarlet so much and is so scared of doing this too soon. Only time can tell what will happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow this was short and wow this must have been boring to read. Sorry it as so short I've just been a bit distracted lately. I thought it was best to leave the ring in BloodChocolate's court because I have no idea what I would do with it. Sorry for this guys.
We appreciate all of your comments.
Thanks for reading/subscribing and commenting.
Lurking_shadow and BloodyChocolate