The Hunt

Misery Business

Through out the day Ice notices Mathew acting strangely distant.
"Ryan I need to talk to you for a moment, please." Ice says as she walks toward where He and Scarlet were sitting in their room.
"Um" Ryan looks to Scarlet for confirmation. "Sure, I'll be Follow me to the library."
"So what did you want to talk about?" Ryan asks as he and Ice reach the Library.
Ice hesitated for a moment then Looked Ryan square in his eyes.
"I've been noticing that Mathew has been a little distant and you've been acting a little guilty when you see him, please explain this to me." Ice says calmly crossing her arms over her chest.
"I-I'm not sure if I should tell you this" Ryan hesitates." I plan on asking Scarlet to marry me"
"That’s great, I'll welcome you to our family when your married, but what does this have to do with Mathew?" Ice asks analyzing this information.
"I'm very nervous about it, I'm afraid I might be asking her, too soon, you know?" Ryan stalls.
"If you don't answer my question now-" Ice warns, stepping closer to Ryan,
"Okay! I was telling him about my decision, he was happy for me but, when I asked Mathew about him, he said he wasn't sure you were ready to do this." Ryan sighs as Ice takes a step back.

"Thank you, you can go now." Ice mumbles as she turns and walks out of the Library.
"Don't tell him I told you" Ryan pleaded as he ran after Ice.
"Yeah, what ever" Ice answers as she heads toward the music room.
"Ice, please believe me when I say this, my brother really loves you, he's just not always sure when it comes to love and I don't think that he knows fully how much he loves you." Ryan tries to comfort Ice.
"Don't you have a meeting to go to?" Ice asks annoyed as she closes the door in his face.

"Where's Ice, I've been looking for her for about an hour now, she concealed her scent from me." Mathew asks as he walks to the conference room with Ryan.
"She's in the music room, I saw her go there when I cam from the library." Ryan says as he looks straight ahead.
"What happened to her?" Mathew asks as he stops his brother.
"She noticed that you have been acting different after our conversation and she tried to get some information out of me, I had no choice but to tell her" Ryan paused as he saw the angry look on his brother's face.
"What, That's a very intimidating woman, Scarlet is too, but there Ice seems to have a little more sinister thoughts than Scarlet." Ryan says as a way to defend himself.
"They both have sinister thoughts only, Ice likes to let hers’ be known to all." Mathew hissed.
"I can't believe you let her know I hesitated!" Mathew growled out suddenly.
"I'm sorry." was all Ryan said before they entered the conference room.
"Ah here they are the new generals." The boys looked at the right of the table to see their grandfather, the retired, King Alphonse of the underworld.

"I knew I'd find you here." Scarlet smiles as she enters the music room, where Ice sat in the back corner, playing with the acoustic les Paul guitar.
" Remember when we were kids and you saw all those rock stars playing their guitars and you always played along in air guitar?" Scarlet and Ice smile as they remember the childhood memories.
"you always wanted to learn but never got the chance." Ice looks up at her sister with tears threatening to spill.
"You did too, Jason, always wanted to be the drummer in our little band, while we sang." Ice laughs as she sets the guitar down.
"What's wrong, nothing makes you cry." Scarlet says as she sits next to Ice.
"Nothing, I just felt like I haven't cried in a long time, I just wanted to let all my feelings out." Ice told the half truth.
"Oh, do you need me to do anything for you?" Scarlet asks, jumping at the opportunity to help her younger sister.
"No, I just want to be alone, for a little while" Ice answers as she walks with her Scarlet toward Mathew’s bedroom.
Scarlet couldn't help the feeling that there was something more, but she didn't want to push any further, even though it wasn't like Ice to keep her feelings away from Scarlet.

Ice walks into the bedroom, quietly closing the, as if she were afraid to disturb the silence.
Feeling her tears dry up, Ice sat at the bottom of the bed with her forehead in her palms as her elbows pressed on her thighs.
'I can't just say hey scarlet, I'm crying because, Ryan plans to propose to you and Mathew isn't sure about me,' Ice thinks to herself as she stares at the ground before her.
"Misery loves company, but not me." Ice mumbles to herself as she lays in the middle of the bed, drifting of into a dreamless sleep.

During the meeting, Mathew felt like his heart was breaking. Ryan looked at his brother with an intense feeling of worry and confusion.
Both brothers knew this wasn't their feelings, they were feeling.
"Boys are you alright?" Their grandfather asks as he see’s their pained expressions.
"Yes, grandfather"Ryan says faking a smile
"It's just an upset stomach, we at alot tonight" Mathew joins.
"I believe you miss your women" Alphonse chuckled, causing the rest of the older men to join in.
"Go to them, you already know what you need to know, we can handle the rest of this." The boys father say with a smile.
"Thank you Father." The boys say in unison as they rush out of the confrence room inserch of their loves.
"I think my hesitation hurt her more than I thought." Mathew sighed.
"I think my mouth got us into some problems." Ryan counters.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, it suxed
I didn't know what to write/type, so this is what I came up with.
Tell us what you think anyway
We love to read your comments they make us supper happy lol
bloodychocolate&Lurking_shadow