The Hunt

Mission Impossible

Ice sat in the room she shared with Mathew still gazing out the window. Her mind kept running over what Ryan had told her. Unbeknownst to her, she was sending all of her emotions outwards to the only man she has ever made a true connection with. Mathew felt her growing sadness as Ice let herself sink deeper into her own thoughts. She heard Mathew approaching quickly and used her power to slam the door shut and lock it. Mathew ran straight into the door just as it locked. The weak door shuddered slightly on its hinges but otherwise stayed as a barrier between the couple. Mathew had never experienced such awful emotions and it was heartbreaking to know that not only were they Ice's emotions but he has caused them by being an idiot.
"Idiot" Mathew curses at himself but Ice hears and sinks further into her troubles as she misinterprets who he is talking to.
"Ice" Mathew speaks softly, "Could you please open the door so I can explain?"
"Go back to your meeting, Mathew" Ice responds in a monotone.
"Please Ice" Mathew pleads softly at the door.
If the boys father heard Mathew acting like this there would be Hell to pay. Ice doesn't respond. She won't, not yet at least.

Ryan came into his room to find Scarlet sitting balanced on the open door to their wardrobe.
"What on Earth are you doing?" Ryan asks and Scarlet almost loses her balance as she realises Ryan is back.
Ryan suddenly appears standing beneath her readying to catch Scarlet if need be.
"Just resting" Scarlet replies once she regains composure.
"You can be so odd at times" Ryan mutters with a grin.
"Oh shush" Scarlet says then suddenly hops off the door hoping Ryan will catch her.
Ryan catches her and wraps Scarlet securely in his arms.
"My saviour" Scarlet pretends to act like the damsel in distress and flutters her eyelashes.
"Any time my dear" Ryan says then places a soft kiss on the tip of Scarlet's nose.
Scarlet giggles then squirms in Ryan's arms. She raises an eyebrow at Ryan.
"Problem?" Ryan questions.
"I seem to be still in your arms" Scarlet informs him.
"That is hardly a problem, besides now that I have you I am not letting go" Ryan answers then walks across the room with Scarlet wrapped in his arms.
Scarlet laughs lightly as Ryan takes a seat on the bed and places her in his lap. They just sit silently looking at each other. Scarlet suddenly grins and jumps up.
“What are you doing?” Ryan asks with a chuckle as he watches Scarlet hum the Mission Impossible theme song as she stalks towards the door.
She turns around and shushes him with her index finger over her lips.
“I’m being ninja” she whispers before continuing her slow ninja movements to the door.
Once there she clicks the lock, securing the door.
“There” she grins with triumph before coming back to the bed in the same manner she left it.
“Planning something?” Ryan asks with a smirk.
She nods climbing into his lap.
“An end to disruptions” she whispers against his ear sending shivers through him.
Ryan grins at Scarlet’s sudden confidence and need. He places his hand on her hips and attaches his lips to hers.

Mathew outside of his bedroom door can’t handle just standing around waiting any more. He walks into the room next door to his and climbs out the window. As he dangles from the window trying to place his feet on a small ledge he hears the Mission Impossible theme tune being humed from somewhere in the house.
“How appropriate” he mutters.
After edging along a thin strip he manages to arrive at his bedroom window which Ice has forgotten to close. He peers in to find Ice with her head in her hands sitting against the door. Silently he climbs in and sits beside her. Ice jolts up and looks at him with sad eyes. Mathew pulls her into his arms without a moment to think.
“I am so sorry Ice” Mathew murmurs to her “I just didn’t want to push you into something you didn’t want.”
Ice stays silent, wondering how Mathew even got into the room. He pulls away to try and look into her eyes but she avoids his gaze.
“Give me time” she murmurs “though seems you don’t need my consent to.”
Ice pulls away from Mathew and suddenly encloses him in some sort of force. It is the same force that she uses to move objects. Mathew tries to get up but he is trapped.
“It won’t last long” she promises before leaving the room.
She walks down the hall to Ryan and Scarlet’s room. She doesn’t want to bring them down with her but she should probably alert Scarlet that she is going to be gone for an hour or so. Ice doesn’t touch the handle so she doesn’t realise the door is locked. She just uses her power to swing the door open.

Scarlet looks to the door with a scowl as she lies under Ryan. Ryan groans to caught up in what he is doing to notice his audience. His hands travel under Scarlet and unclasps her bra. He only freezes when Ice speaks.
“I’ll be out for an hour” Ice says softly before closing and locking the door behind her.
“Oops” Ryan says before losing himself in Scarlet’s beauty again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone.
I regret taking so long to write this. Please forgive me. I hope it was okay to read.

Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting.

Lurking_shadow and Bloodychocolate