You Stick Like Velcro to Me

You Stick Like Velcro to Me

Image

It was a sunny afternoon in the park. I had just gotten a text message from my best friend, Nick Jonas, to meet him here. I walked along the path in the park slowly, anticipating the reason why Nick needed to see me. An emergency, perhaps?
I hoped that I didn’t look overdressed in my black and green turtleneck top and aqua skirt. I glared down at my black Converse. Nick had bought these for me on my last birthday. Speaking of birthdays, did I mention mine is tomorrow?
Yes.
My birthday is tomorrow. And I’m going to be 16. I haven’t even planned a party, or any celebration. All I expected for my Sweet 16 was for Mom and Dad to plan a party with my family and the Jonas family at our house, just eating, talking, and having fun.
I was already content with that. As long as everyone I loved was there.
I haven’t thought of my birthday wish list either. Maybe. . .

I stopped dead in my tracks when I realized what I saw. The wind blew my hair from under my black Fedora hat. I was too shocked and surprised to push my hair away from my face.

“Happy Birthday Sam!”

I couldn’t believe it. Everyone I loved was there, at the park, right in the middle of the open space where the old people would usually feed and talk to the birds. They all had smiles plastered on their faces.
Nick had his sweet smile on; one I just couldn’t resist. I dropped all my shock and ran straight to him. I practically jumped on him and gave him a big hug. Nick wrapped his arms around my waist and smiled.
“Sorry I planned this thing a little too early,” Nick said.
“You have nothing to be sorry about,” I said, still hugging him. Nick held me closer. When I finally released him, I went over to my family and hugged them all. I hugged the Jonas Family as well. That was when they revealed a long buffet table lined with my favorite foods—pasta, Mercury baked chicken, and a cooler with Cookies and Cream Ice Cream. I was absolutely delighted.

Everything was just perfect. And I day earlier even. We all sat down at the table they had set up and talked.
“Happy Sweet Sixteenth, Sammers!” Joe said. He gave me a huge hug.
I giggled. “Thanks, Joe.”
“So, what do you want?” Joe asked me. I stared at him.
“Anything?” I guess it was more of a question than a statement.
“Is that a trick question? ‘Cause I asked you first.” Joe smiled. I laughed.
“You can get me anything, Joe. Anything at all. Except for whatever you gave me last year for Christmas.”
Joe stared into blank space, trying to recall the reminiscence. I waited as he tried to jog his memory.
“You know,” I said, helping him out. “That autographed picture of you.
Joe laughed. “Oh, come on! That was my best side.” He remembered his pose and re-did it, with a serious face on. “Girls would die for that picture, you know.”
“Apparently, I’m not one of those girls,” I replied.
Joe looked taken aback. He faked a gasp. “I’m offended, Sam.”
I laughed. “I was kidding. I’ll just sell it on EBay and make myself a fortune—just to see if those girls really love you.” I laughed again, and then saw the look on Joe’s face. “Kidding! No, really, you can get me anything.”
Joe smiled and grabbed a box from the table. “Well, then, here’s to you.”
I took the box from his hands slowly. Joe watched intensely and excitedly as I opened up the box and ripped out the wrapping paper.
Inside was a silver bracelet. The design read ‘Joe & Sam Friends Forever.’ I smiled widely at the design. “Joe, it’s beautiful.” I said, giving him another hug.
“Thank you. Now, you’ll be able to be reminded of me.” Joe grinned.
“Okay, you don’t have to be so conceited, Jonas.” I laughed and so did Joe. That’s when I felt someone touch my wrist.
I craned my head and found Nick standing behind me. “Hey, Nicky.”
“Hey, Sam. Uh, Joe, can I have a moment with Sam please?” Nick asked politely.
“Sure, ‘fro ‘bro.” He smiled, as he winked at both of us. I giggled at Joe’s goofy antics. He walked away just as Frankie jumped on him and motioned him to walk him around the park.

Nick held my hand and led me to a bench nearby. “So, what’s up, Nickeroo?” I smiled.
Nick exchanged the smile. “I wanted to give you this.” Nick handed me a box. I untied the ribbon, tore the wrapping paper and opened up the box.

Inside was a beautifully made album. The cover read, ‘Sam and Nick’s Treasures.’ I smiled at the cover title.
I flipped open the album and found a picture of me and Nick walking in the park. The next picture had us fooling around and being vain with the camera. We both smiled goofily. It was a cute picture. I laughed.
Then, I flipped to the next page. I was surprised at what I saw.

It was a piece of paper—old-looking paper, with a note written on it. I read each word very carefully.

Dear Nick,
Hi Nicky! It’s me Sam. I wanted to tell you a Happy Happy Happy Birthday! I hope you gets lotsa gifts Nick. And i know some day, youre gonna become the bestest rockstar evur! I love you Nick. Youre my bestest friend evur and I love you. God Bless you okay?  Happy Birthday Nick.
♥ Sam


That note immediately jogged my memory. I was able to remember. It was September 16 and Nick was turning 7 years old. I had written Nick a note along with the junior guitar I gave him. Mom helped me buy it in the music store.
Nick loved that guitar. He used it all the time and it helped him practice. Look at him now, totally professional. I was so proud of him.

I closed the album to face Nick straight in the eye.
“Sorry if it’s not too great. I had so little time to work on it, and…” I wrapped my arms around Nick’s neck as I buried my face in his chest.
Nick held me tightly. I started crying right then and there. It was a perfect time for my emotions to catch up with me. Ugh.
“Why are you crying, Sammy Wammy?” Nick asked me.
“You’ve just done so much for me, and I can’t thank you enough, Nick. There’s just too many words to explain it all, but that’s basically it,” I said, through sobs.
I know Nick was smiling. He put his chin on my shoulder and stroked my hair slowly. “Shh, it’s alright, Sam. You don’t have to explain anything. You’re my best friend. You deserve the best.”
That made me cry even more. I just felt so happy that I had Nick by my side—a friend that would never leave me, never forsake me, and always be by my side. He was surely one friend to count on and one friend to keep.
“Sam,” Nick said.
My crying had long stopped and I released Nick from my grip. He did the same. I looked at him. “Yeah?”
“I have to tell you something. I’ve actually been keeping this a secret for so long, and I think it’s time I tell you how I really feel.” Oh boy. Nick’s voice was soft and gentle. He had so much emotion in him.
I stared into his eyes until he had the confidence to continue what he was saying. “These years have been great. I’ve known you for so long. You’ve known me for so long. And we shared so many memories together. But it’s been so long since I felt this way toward you, and…whenever you were around me, I’d try to catch my breath. Whenever you talked to me, I’d try to find the strength and the words to speak. I’ve never felt this way before. But, oh…I’ll just go out and say it.

“I love you.”

You know that feeling when you stare at the sun for a really long time that when you close your eyes, it seems like the sun is still there, except burning through your skin?
The words ‘I love you’ were exactly like that—burning right through my eyelids when I closed my eyes. I tried to process everything going on.

Nick loved me?

What was I to do if I didn’t? Walk away? But…what was I to do if I did? Tell him the truth? Wouldn’t that be way off?
I had so many questions that needed to be answered immediately. There were too many emotions running through my body that I felt like fainting. I opened my eyes and found Nick staring at me, desperate for a response.
But nothing came out. I fumbled around for words. Nothing. I was completely speechless.

When Nick noticed my expression, he backed off, and sighed. “You don’t have to say anything. I don’t want to make it difficult for you. I just thought it would be better if you knew. But I’m sorry if I disappointed you.” His voice was so sincere and so calm and tender. I couldn’t resist his voice. I felt a knot in my throat.

The truth was, I loved Nick as well. But I was terrified to tell him the truth. Too terrified to say anything. I was afraid of how our friendship would turn out. Everything will have to change. But change always happens. And I guess a little change could be done to my life. Nick started walking away slowly with his head hung low and hands in his pockets.
I wanted to dart right after him but I found myself lost in words.

“Wait,” I mumbled, loud enough for Nick to hear. My voice cracked. “Nick.”
Nick slowly whirred around and gave me an expectant look. I took no chances and did what my heart told me to do.
I sat up from the bench and walked slowly towards Nick with my hands folded together. “I love you too,” I managed to stutter.
Nick backed down. “Do you really mean that?”
“You tell me.”
I planted a kiss on Nick’s lips. Nick seemed shocked but went with it. He deepened the kiss and put his hands on my waist. I laced mine around his neck.
When we finally let go of each other, I was practically out of breath. But I didn’t let Nick know that.
“I love you,” Nick said with a smile.
“I love you too,” I replied, this time, with no shame, guilt, or indignity.

---

It’s been 2 months since that moment Nick and I finally confessed our love toward each other. Now, we’re together. My parents took it rather well, knowing Nick’s parents were their close friends, and the fact that Nick and I were best friends before anything happened seemed fair enough to me.
I was happy with my relationship with Nick. Everything was going great…until one day, I received a text message from him to meet him at the park, the same place where we celebrated my Sweet 16.

I changed into a white paint splatter designed shirt and green skinnies. I laced on my Converse and quickly raced to the park. I fixed the barrette in my hair to keep it from falling off.

I found Nick sitting on that same bench of ours with his head in his hands. Uh oh. There’s something wrong. Nick never does that. I ran faster but then slowed down when Nick lifted up his head.
He didn’t look at me when I approached him. When I sat down beside him, I put my hand on his back. “What’s wrong, Nick?”
It took a while for Nick to face me. I thought he was mad at me or something.
When he finally did, I moved back a little. “Sam,” he started saying. “I don’t know how you’re going to take this, but, just listen. Our whole family talked about it last night, and I slept so late because I was thinking about the whole situation. I was thinking about you, and how you would be. So, just please listen. I don’t want you to be mad at me or anything…”

That’s when it hit me.

“Are you breaking up with me?” My voice cracked.
Nick just stared at me with a confused look on his face. “No, no. It’s nothing like that at all, Sam! It’s just…please, understand. You see, we got this tour next week in Europe. And well, I was just wondering if you…”
“If I?” I said, hoping for the answer I had in my head.
“If you could come with us.” Nick smiled. “On tour. It would be nothing without you there. And, I need you right by my side. I can’t just leave you here missing me for months. I can’t live that way. So, I decided to just take you with me.”
My heart stopped beating at that moment.
“Are you serious?!” I screeched. Nick nodded and smiled ever so wonderfully. His smiles made me want to melt.
“So, you up for it?” He asked, standing up.
“No duh!” I laughed. “Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, Nick!” I jumped on him, wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist. I tilted my head back and kissed Nick ever so passionately.
Nick deepened the kiss and held me closer to him. “Your welcome. Just remember. I can never leave you behind. ‘Cause you stick like Velcro to me.”
I giggled and hugged Nick tighter. Nick put me down and grabbed my hand as we ran together back to our houses to start packing our belongings.
My life was perfect. Everything was great. And now, I knew that I was the Velcro in Nick’s life. One that would be able to stick to him forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my very first Nick Jonas one-shot!!! Whoo-hoo! I just love Nelena. :] so, I wrote the story.

GUYS! Tell me what you all think . Comment and subscribe please!
i made the banner. :][: haha

Thank you and God Bless you all! : )( :
--Cel.