Denial

Confession

Image

Zacky's Point Of View...

"So, you wanna ditch these guys and hang at my place for awhile?" I looked over at Leny.

"Um, I can't actually, or I'd love to."

"Why not?" I asked, a little shocked. But then again, the guys said she'd been doing this quite often lately. Turning down offers to hang out or go some place.

"I just, I have to go to the grocery store and things today."

"Oh, well that's okay. I can come with you."

"No!" She nearly shouted. Then her tone quickly changed. I raised my eyebrow at her.

"I mean, no, I wouldn't want to drag you away from the guys to bore you with shopping. Seriously, it's cool. Plus, I gotta drop by the office anyway."

"I thought you quick that job months ago."

"Um, I did. But Dave said I've got some paper work that I left in my office that I need to pick up." I shrugged.

"Alright whatever. But you know it's very rare that we get a chance to hang out any more." She frowned.

"I know. I'm sorry Zacky." She kissed my cheek before getting up and walking out Matt's front door. I sighed. Why was she acting so strange about this?

"Hey man, what's up?" Matt sat down next to me.

"Not much." I mumbled.

"You look a little spaced, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just Leny. She's acting a little weird."

"How so?"

"I asked her if she wanted to hang at my place and she said she had to go shopping, so I said I'd go with her and she was all quick to say no and then added that she didn't wanna bore me or drag me away from you guys and said she also had to go by the office."

"I thought she quit that job awhile back?"

"Yeah I know. She said the boss called, said she forgot some old papers or something."

"Sounds a little fishy to me."

"Yeah me too."

"Well come on, let's walk right over there and see what's up."

"Come on Matt, if she didn't tell me, why would she tell you?"

"Cause she loves me more." He smirked. I rolled my eyes but followed him outside. I didn't get why he stopped in the doorway. I didn't know what he was staring at. I stuck my head out the door around his and my eyes immediately came in contact with what his were set on.

"Helena's got a new boyfriend, and she didn't tell us?" Matt said in a low, deep voice that I knew to be his protective one. I was shocked. I didn't know what to say. So I didn't say anything. I walked back in the house, went into the spare bedroom of Matt's house, and slammed the door.

Okay. Maybe it's a little confusing to try and understand why I'm upset. Well let's see. Leny was always the first to jump and get all mad and upset when I couldn't hang out with her, because Gena wanted me to spend time with her. Well when I actually get a break from Gena, and I can spend time with Leny, she ditches me for some guy. And another thing is, why is she keeping from us? Hiding her relationship with this guy from all of us? Shouldn't she know we'd wanna be there for her? And further more, what if he would turn our like all the other guys? Or like Jake? Drag her off somewhere, steal her cell or something. We'd think she's just fine cause she told us she went shopping! I couldn't even believe she was doing this.

"Zack." I heard Matt's voice outside the door.

"Zack open the door."

"No."

"Come on man, I just wanna talk to you." I let out a frustrated sigh jumping off the bed and throwing the door open.

"What do you want?"

"To talk to you."

"Obviously." I muttered.

He walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed. I was pacing.

"Sit Vengeance." I looked up at him.

"I can't." He sighed.

"Look, I don't know why she didn't tell us, but there's probably a good reason for it."

"Yeah, and it's probably because he's a psycho."

"Look why do you care so much anyway?"

"She's my best friend Matt, I care about what happens to her."

"No, it's something deeper than that. We all see it, all of us."

"What are you talking about?"

"You love her don't you?" "What?"

"I said, you love Helena don't you?"

"Of course I do? Where have you been? I've said this since pre school!"

"No, I don't mean friend or best friend love." He said, staring straight at me.

"You really, really love her don't you?" I stared at him, shocked.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you do!" He accused.

"It's a funny thing everyone else can see except you and Leny, Zacky. Me, Brian, Jimmy, Johnny, even Val and she hasn't known you nearly as long as we have!"

"Just knock it off alright?! I've got Gena and I love her!"

"You couldn't love her if you tried Zacky!"

"Yes I could and I do."

"No you don't, you love Leny."

"You know what? I don't have to listen to this." With that I turned and walked out and down the stairs, Matt somewhere close behind.

"You don't want to listen to it because you know it's the truth and the truth hurts." I stopped and turned around at those words.

"Ya know what Matt? The truth does hurt! And ya know why it hurts? It hurts because I do love Leny. I love her with all my heart and soul. But I can't be with her and I know that. I know it's never gonna happen with us. That is why the truth hurts." After that leaving Matt standing there shocked at my confession, I knew I had to get away. Just go away for awhile. I didn't know where to go, but I was going.

**************************************

"Zacky, you're home."

"Yeah, pack your stuff."

"What?"

"Pack your stuff."

"Why?"

"Cause we're leaving."

"What do you mean?"

"We're going on a trip."

"Seriously?" She smiled at me.

"Yes. Seriously." She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a quick kiss before running off to go pack her stuff. I sighed, running my hands through my hair. I had set up a plane trip. Gena and I would be going away to Miami, Florida for awhile. It would be the perfect get away.

No, we weren't telling anyone, we'd let them figure it out on their own, piece the clues together. I mean, the receipt to the passport is laying on the table so they know where we're going. And obviously, they have my cell number. They won't be worried.

An Hour And A Half Later...

"You all ready?"

"Yup." She smiled cheerfully.

"Alright, let's go." I walked out, closing the door behind me and not bothering to lock it before loading our luggage in the car and getting in. I looked over at her.

"You read for this?" I smiled.

"Of course Zacky." Leny smiled. I looked at her confused and blinked my eyes a few times.

"Zacky? You okay?" Gena finally came back into view.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." I replied before starting up the car and pulling out of the driveway. This get away was definitely just what I needed.

Matt's Point Of View...

"I can't believe he admitted it." I murmured, sitting next to Val on the couch. She nodded, rubbing my shoulders. I was still in shock about Zacky's little confession. I never expected to will it out of him.

"Who'd a thought?" Jimmy spoke. All the guys were sitting around.

"Should we tell Leny?" Johnny asked.

"No." We all said in unison, except Brian.

"I think we should tell her. I mean, come on, she has the right to know. I think she feels the same way, have you seen the way she acts around him?" I shook my head.

"Brian, she's got a new boyfriend in her life now. She ditched hanging with Zacky today to go out with him, are you forgetting that's what started this whole mess?" I asked, throwing my hands in the air frustrated.

"Right. But maybe she's only dating him because she thinks Zack doesn't like her." I shook my head.

"I don't know. Right now what I'm really focused on, is confronting her about that guy when she get back, and talking to Zack." He nodded in understanding as did the rest. I sighed shaking my head.

"I'm gonna go talk to Zack you guys." I said, standing up.

"I'll be back." I leaned down to kiss Val before walking out.

I knocked on the door a few times to receive no answer. His car wasn't in the drive, but Gena could've had it. I knocked a few more times before walking on in. I'm not sure why, but it was just awkward to walk in when things were on the rocks between us in this group. Any other day, we wouldn't care. I walked into the living room looking around, but saw no sign of neither Zacky or Gena.

"Zack? Gena?" I called. I may not have liked her, but as long as I was in what she claimed as her home, I had to play nice. "Zack?" I called again walking into the kitchen and then through the dining room. I noticed something laying on the table that caught my eye. I picked up the thin sheet of paper, my eyes studying it carefully. I couldn't believe what I was staring at. Maybe the house did look a little emptier for some reason when I first came in, now I think I know why.

I fled from Zacky's house and back to my own where all my life long friends sat waiting for me to return. But when I did, it wasn't quite the reaction they expected.

"What's wrong Shadows?" Brian immediately sat up noticing my shocked face. When I was silent and motionless Val came up to me.

"What is it baby?" I had the receipt hanging loosely from my fingers. I glanced down at it again and still couldn't believe it. I looked back up at the faces of all my friends.

"Zack's gone to Miami. And it's because of me."
♠ ♠ ♠
*Gasp* Zacky's gone! For how long? What if he plans on staying gone forever!

What do you think will happen?

Will the guys tell Helena?

Will they make something up?

If they do tell her, how will she react?

Will they tell her what Zacky confessed?

Or keep it a secret?

What do you think?

COMMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!

They really do mean a lot to me and inspire me to get your updates up sooner because the comments let me know you're really interested in the story. :)

I gotta go get ready for my sweet 16 party!

Be back soon, I'll leave you to ponder your thoughts babes!

Vengeance Princess~