Discovering the Past

Junior

“Jr?”
“Michael,” he rolled his eyes.
“Sorry, Michael.”
“So he gave you the guitar….” He said pointing at the guitar on my back. We both entered the elevator.
“It’s Frank’s” I said proudly.
“Cool. I play bass you know.”
“Really?”
“Yeah, my mom told me, she played bass also,” His brown eyes got all excited.
I smiled at him. Alicia, I remembered her from the videos, she appeared in one. She and Mikey looked so perfect for each other. “Does she still play?”
His face went dark.
“She died two years ago,” He looked at the floor.
“I’m so sorry.”
“I guess it’s okay.”
I don’t know why but I put my hand on his shoulder, he smiled sadly at me.

We got to the first floor and the door from the elevator got opened. I was ready to say goodbye, when he grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him. I felt my arm burning at his touch.
“Listen,” his eyes behind those glasses light up “I know where my uncle is.”
I opened my eyes bigger. He realized he was hurting my arm and fixed his glasses.
“How…?”
“I was listening….” He smirked. ”I’m curios person and I cannot helped.” We were walking outside the big building.
“But Mikey…your dad, he told me…”
“My dad is not going to give you anything. But if you want to find your uncle, I can help you.” This guy only knew me and wanted to help me?
“Why?” I said suspiciously, crossing my arms.
“Don’t know,” He shrugged his shoulders. “Seems like you need it and I have nothing better to do.” He stretched his whole body and yawned.
“So, you want the help or not?”
“You don’t know me, I could be a serial killer!” He laughed and fixed his glasses again.
“Well, I’ll take my chances.” We both smiled at each other it was a weird feeling inside my stomach.
“Where is he?” I said whispering.
“New York”. He said with a grin on his face.
“No way.” He had been so close all this time. I got all excited. “Can we go and see him now?”
“He’s not at home right now.”
“Home.” I thought for a moment. “You mean that he lives here?”
“Yeah. He runs a comic book company,” I got suspicious again.
“I’ve never heard of him. I read a lot of comics and never…”
“Have you ever read any Arthur Lee comics?”
“Yeah sure.”
“Gerard ARTHUR Way LEE” He had this triumphant expression.
“Oh shit. He’s a clever one,” He nodded smirking.
“Do you like coffee?” He said, suddenly looking at his shoe.
“Yeah, why?”
“Want some?” Is he asking me out?
“Errr,” I paused, thinking, for a moment.
“C’mon I’m not a serial killer” He looked a little embarrassed. “That’s you.” We both laughed “We can talk in there.”
“Okay,” I smiled. I smiled too much to him, he was going to think I’m flirting. Would that be bad? Stop it!
“I can tell you more about Frank and Gerard.”
“How much you know?”
“I’m curios person,” He winked at me.

Minutes later, we were in his car and going to a Starbucks.
“Nice car.”
“It’s not mine, my dad rented it here,” His eyes fixed on the road.
“My car is in LA. Uncle Gee, gave it to me as a birthday present. I just turned 17.”
“Cool.”
The rest of ride there was silent. I was trying once more to organize the ideas in my head. I was thinking that maybe Mikey was right about Gerard and Frank and that they had never spoken again, and seeing him was going to be a waste of time. On the other hand, at least I could spend a little time with this guy. He seemed nice, and he’s cute, and……Stop it Rose.

“We’re here,” Michael’s voice got me out of my thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments, please!
thanks for reading