Discovering the Past

He´s not my uncle

“Rose????!!!!”
“Yeah?” I screamed form upstairs. “You have visitor.”
“Who?”
I ran downstairs.
“Michael?” There he was, with his black pants and red t-shirt. Glasses and messy hair. He was smiling at my Grandmother who looked at him, a little upset.
“Hi.” He smiled at me.
“I just was passing and remembered your address,” He fixed his glasses
“Oh” I looked at my grandmother who looked at me suspiciously.
My mom entered in the living room reading a newspaper as she walked in.
“Rose, did you… Oh…” She stooped when she saw Michael. “Hi. I’m Rose’s mother.”
He nodded. “Nice to meet you…I’m Michael Wa-”
“He’s Michael…” I interrupt before he said his last name. He looked at me puzzled.
“And we are leaving” I grabbed his arm and pull him thought the door.
“Where?” My mother asked.
“Out.”
“Rose…What…”
” I’ll tell you later, just walk”. I got into his car.
“Drive.”
He drove silence for about 20 minutes.
“So…Gerard is coming in two days, we can go and see him on Monday,” He said a little nervously.
“Forget about it.”
“Why?”
“I don’t want to know where Frank is anymore…”
“Why?” He asked again, fixing his glasses.
“Because!!”
“Okaaay…maybe you are a serial killer,” He looked at me nervously.
I tried to smile, but nothing came.
“I thought you wanted to find your uncle.”
I pressed my hand against my ear and started to cry heavily.
After couple of minutes I felt the car stopping and a hand rubbing my back.
“You can tell me, it’s okay,” His voice was sympathetic.
I lifted my head and saw the worried eyes of Jr. Like if he was in pain too.
“I’m sorry ….I…It’s been a hard night.” I calmed my sobs and tried to breathe. “That’s all..,” I cleaned the tears.
“Are you okay…?” He just watched my movement and remained silent. After couple of minutes he spoke. His hand still on my back.
“I don’t know…” He didn’t understand a thing. I could see it in his eyes. I felt bad for him, I was lying to everyone.
“He’s not my uncle…”
“What…?”
“I’m sorry I lied to you, I lied to everybody….”
After telling him the truth, it was like throwing up everything. I needed to speak with someone; I just needed to take it out of my system. I also told him the latest news that my mother had told me the day before.
“Son of a bitch…”
I smiled. He thought for a moment.
“I think you should find him an tell him what you feel…”
I just shook my head. I didn’t want to see him, now, then, not ever.
“You deserve to have the opportunity of moving on; tell him everything to his face. Let him know that you don’t need him. That you don’t want anything from him…”
“But….”
“And smash that guitar in the middle of his ass…” We smiled. His eyes were tender.
“You need to close the wound, so it can stop bleeding.”
His eyes went dark.
We stood in silence for a couple of minutes, until I dare to speak.
“How did your mom die?” I didn’t know why I asked that. I felt like I had told him a secret, a part of my soul, I wanted to know something of his.
He looked outside the window.
“She crashed her car.”
“I’m sorry.”
He looked at me. I could see he was holding back tears. I felt bad for even asking the question.
“She had an aneurism while she was driving,”
“They said she didn’t suffer, but I guess they can’t know. They weren’t there.”
I didn’t know what to say. Losing my mom in that way was something too painful of imagine.
He took a deep breath and took off his glasses.
“Dad went crazy…..He even threw a television through the window”. He kept looking into the distance. “And after that he closed on himself. He used to spend hours in front of the TV watching commercials. Hopefully Uncle Gee help us.”
“You must miss her, don’t you?”
He didn’t say anything, just nodded.
“I’m glad you didn’t go to Jersey.”
He just smiled at me. I felt my face grow hot again.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments!!please
thanks for reading btw.. (tell your friends, hahaha()