Discovering the Past

London 2028

I didn´t do or say anything for about a minute. I guess I didn´t understand in the beginning.
“Well, that´s good news for Rose, isn´t it?” I stood up, breaking the silence.
“Gerard, sit please…” Mikey´s voice was somehow worried.
“Want some coffee? I need a coffee.” Mikey followed me into the kitchen. He kept looking down. There was something bizarre about his attitude.
“Where was he?” I asked, sitting next to him by the coffee table and putting a hot mug in front of him. He didn´t take it. He kept looking it; playing with the spoon.
“London” He said after a while.

I gave him a small smile. London.
I used to love that city, we used to love it.
Mikey looked like crap, I knew he was worried about me, of how this could affect me. He saw all those years back then. He saw me how I suffered, all the pain.
I remembered the time I crashed down my bedroom, the day Frank and Jamia got married. I practically destroyed my bedroom, throwing the TV out of the window, destroying pictures and mirrors. He was there to help me out, to carry me when I broke down into tears.

“Mikes!” He jumped on his seat. I grinned at him. “I´m fine, listen…”
“Gerard…” His voice was shaking.
“I´m over it, really bro…” I printed confidence in my tone.
“No, the thing is…”
I didn´t let him continue; I wanted him to know that I was okay, that he could not affect me anymore.
I wanted to let him know that Frank was the past and now I was living in the present. My little brother always had to take care of me more than I had taken care of him. I was ready to take care of myself. I wanted him to know that he didn´t have to wipe my tears anymore. I was okay now. There weren´t any more tears to wipe.
“I´m even seeing someone, I think I could stick to, I really don´t care about Frank anymore, I don´t care if he-”
“Gerard!!” He screamed my name, wanting me to shut up.
“What?” I rolled my eyes and smiled at him, waiting. His worried look amused me.
“Brian found Frank in London” He started very slowly.
I nodded.
“He…” He looked down and started to bit this nails. Such an exasperated habit he had.
I looked at him, waiting. “What?”
“He lived there until 2028,” He took a deep breath, holding back tears.
“Why are you crying Mikey?” I grabbed his shoulder and gave him a concerned look, when it hit me.
“Wait… 2028?” I raised an eyebrow.
“I thought you said He´s in London…”
“Gee…” Now my brother was crying openly… He suddenly held me tight, sobbing like a child, putting his head on my shoulder.
Finally he found a way to speak and very slowly he told me the truth.
“Frank died 5 years ago.”
♠ ♠ ♠
tu tut tun!!!

commentss!!!