Discovering the Past

The ghost of You

I practically ran to the car.
“GERARD!!!!!” I punched the window.
“What?!” He jumped on the seat, it seems like He was having a nap. I gave him my biggest smile ever.
“You fucking scared me.”
I climbed into the passenger seat.
“You´re not going to believe this!!!”
“What?” He was expectant.
I just started to speak whatever came into my head. I was way too excited, talking fast and without much sense. I didn´t realized before, how exited I was.
“Ifoundhim,but He´snotdead,He´salive.Heprentededit!”
“God! It´samazing,can´tbelieve it”
“Frankisalivegerard,”
“FuclingAlive!”
“HeprentedhisdeadandbecamethisdudePaul, but..”
I took a breath
“ThereisnoOaul,isFrank!”

“WHAT?” I Gerard looked at me in horror.
“Breathe…”
I did what he said.
“Now… what?”
“Frank…is…not….dead…..never ……was.”
“Honey, I think…”
“Paul is Frank! He faked his death.”
Gerard looked at me like if I was crazy.
“I found Paul and asked about Frank, why he was in his will, I told him I was Frank’s daughter and then I noticed it was Frank. It´s Frank, Gee!!”
“That´s it. That guy thinks he´s smart, lying to a little girl.”
“Noo, Gee listen…”
He got out of the car and started walking in the direction of the home.
“It´s obvious, he thinks you want the money and is lying to you.”
“No, let me explain, it´s him.”
“He’s trying to take advantage…”
He started to walk faster and I decided to shut up.

He´ll see.

He got to the receptionist desk.
“Paul Harner please!” He still has his big sunglasses on.
Lauren called with the reception phone.
“Emily.”
“Is Paul with you?” She looked nervously at Gerard, who was tapping with his foot.
“Tell him that the girl is back,” she looked at me and gave a small smile.
“Okay,” she nodded.
“He´s coming,” She said to Gerard and hung up the phone.
Gerard started to tap on the desk.

“Rose? What´s it?” I turned to see Frank frozen in his spot. His face was emotionless. He was pale and his mouth slightly opened.
“He insisted…”

I pointed at the guy next to me. Gerard didn´t move either, his face was horrified. Even with the glasses, I could tell. The staring contest took several minutes. Gerard looked like he was going to have a heart attack or a panic attack. His breaths were uneven and he started to sweat.
“Gerard…” I shook him a little. He didn´t respond. He of course recognized Frank faster than I did. Even through the glasses, long hair and beard, it was so obvious now that it was Frank.
“I told you”
“Hi,” Frank said in a small voice He took a step to out side. Gerard´s face didn´t change.
His mouth slightly separated in surprise. He was going to say something but didn´t.
“He´s not dead,” I told him.
“I´m not dead” Frank said and came a little bit closer, looking at Emily and Lauren who pretended to work but it was obvious that they were listening. “It´s hard to explain” for a moment I thought that Gerard was going to run towards Frank and hug him.
Frank just looked ashamed, he stop looking at Gerard and look at his shoe.

Gerard just turned around.
“He’s a ghost,” He looked at nothing and then nodded, his face relaxed. “Yeah a fucking ghost…”
I thought for a moment that Gerard had lost it.
Frank looked at me and just smiled.
“Gee?” I grabbed his arm.
Gerard looked at me.
“He´s a ghost,”
And left in the direction of the exit.
Frank just looked at me.
“See you tomorrow.”

What the hell was that?
Did Gerard didn´t give a damn about Frank?
Was He going crazy???
♠ ♠ ♠
is Gerard loosing it!!!?????

comments!