Discovering the Past

Who cares how great Hawai is?

That night, after my encounter with Bob; I was laying on my bed thinking about all the information I had gathered in the last couple of days. I had taken out all my mom’s old CD´s. Now I was listening for the 100th time the second MCR CD.
My favorite songs were “You Know What They do to Guys Like Us in Prison”, “Helena”, and “I´m Not Okay.” I understood why my mom and Emily and billions of kid from that time loved it so much; they were amazing, fucking amazing.

As their music played in head I started to collect all the ideas in my head.
So, ymydad, at least I was 99% sure he was my dad, was a crazy guitar player in a famous rock band in the 2000´s. He and my mom had an affair for a little while when he had broken up with his girlfriend Jamia.

My dad and Gerard, the lead singer, were best friends, but they fought and the band broke apart. Emily said that Gerard was not happy with my mom.
Bob didn’t think my dad was dead. That was something.

I search on the internet a little more deeply for videos and stuff, but once again, not much info. I found the “Helena” video. It was so cool. Gerard looked amazing and his performance was spectacular, so intense. My dad, on the other side, was definitely crazy. I understood what Bob said about him being mental. But still, so intense too when he played. I loved how Ray played the guitar and Bob, it was weird see him with so much more weight.

Mikey, the guy that played the bass, was way too cute. I liked him the most. Sorry Dad.

So now the next was Ray. I looked at the paper Bob gave me. The phone rang, I didn’t bother to ask.

Ray Toro.
I had to think carefully what to ask him.

“Rosie!!!” I heard my grandma calling from downstairs.
“Yes?!”
“Your mom is on the phone!”
My mother… I turn off the cd player and answer from the telephone in my room.
“Hi Mom,” I tried to sound cheerful, but I was kind of mad at her, all the lies.
“Hi honey. How you’ve been?”
“Fine.”
“Doing something exiting?”
“Nope really,” I could lie too.
“Hawaii is amazing, so beautiful, there is bad weather though, but they said it will pass. Still the view is just incredible.”
“Cool.”
“Are you sure you’re okay? Your Grandma says you’ve been going out a lot. Is anything you want to tell me?”

Damn, quick excuse, quick excuse.

“I’ve been going to the library, reading stuff.”
“No special guy?”
“No mom!”
“I was young once too, I know how that works. Just be careful.”
“Is not like I’m going to get pregnant,” I used a sarcastic tone.
“Of course not.” She was annoyed now. There was silence for a moment.
“Take care, Rose.”
“Yep.”
The communication cut off.

I wished so bad she had returned already, to tell her all my research, when I found out who he was exactly, and where he was. She couldn’t deny it anymore.
“4 more days,” I said out loud.
The doubt was plaguing me again. What if my dad knew about me all the time, but he didn’t care?

Forget that!
I held the paper with Ray’s number and address.
Tomorrow I will go see him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for readong
Another chapter
Next one-...Rose go and See Ray!

commnets?