Discovering the Past

Interrupted peace

After that day, I didn’t speak to Frank, for days. I was still hypnotized by this feeling of peace inside me.
“Hello?” I answered my phone.
“GEE!!!” I think my ears broke down and I was deaf by the scream in the other side of the line.
“Where have you been, I miss you!!” It was Matt, of course, I had been avoiding him but he was to invasive sometimes. Most of the times.
“Hey” I said with no emotion.
“Why haven't you answered your phone!!?”
“I…”I tried to think an excuse.
“You haven't answered your cellphone either, there you can see who's calling…”
“Yeah, that's why..”
“Gerard, I’m coming over to your house”
“No..”

It was too late, He had hung up already. I just set on my couch, drinking my coffee, I was way too relaxed to stress myself over him, I was ready to end all the stress in my life.

Like an hour later, he was ringing the bell at my door.
“Honey” He almost jumped on me. I had to hold him to prevent him to fall.
“Hi” I said trying to stand myself away from him.
“Baby” He kissed me. “Where the hell have you been?”
“I've..” He entered the house and went to the living room, sitting on the couch. I move my body slowly over him and sat next to him. The minute my body touched the couch he was above me, kissing every part of flesh he could.
“Matt…” I try to push him away slowly but he was all over me. I felt suffocated.
“Matt…Stop!” I pushed him away. He looked at me horrified.
“What..”
“We need to talk”
“Oh no..I know what this is…. You´ve been all grumpy these days and now …”
“Stop. You don’t know what I feel, you can't spend 24/7 with me, or try to be with me all the time”
“Gerard, we are a couple..”
“Yeah, but you're suffocating me”
He looked at me relaxed and took a deep breath.
“You know what I think the problem is…”
“What…?”
“Your friends, we were perfect until they reappeared, specially the guy that "died"….Don’t recall his name”
“What!?!”
“Yeah, I don't know why it affected you….you're not the same, it's like it's not you, it's another person”
“This…" I pointed at myself"…This!!...This person with you it’s not me! I'm a shadow of what I used to be…My friends..they are bringing me back..Frank!!! His name is Frank!! He's bringing me back again”!!
“Gerard..relax..” He looked a little scared.
“No; I was relaxed until you came with your stupid theories." I breathed and calmed myself down. "You don't know me, Matt, and I'm sorry that you didn't know me, as the real Gerard. I thought we could have something easy going, but you want more than I can give, you deserve more that I can give...”
“No, Gerard, you're enough for me”
“No, I don’t love you, I won't do it”
He looked at me with a hurt face.
“I'm sorry”
“It's him, isn't it?”
“Excuse me?” I looked at him in surprise.
“Frank”
“No..Matt, It's not…” I tried to explain myself.
“It's okay”. He just stood up. And walked over the door.
“I hope you find what you're looking for. Bye”
♠ ♠ ♠
bye bye Matt...for now