Discovering the Past

Totally and Bob is my bitch

“That´s amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I yelled “Oh My GOD!!! It´s so great!!!!”
I was actually jumping around Frank´s apartment on Friday night.
I mean is beyond great, it´s going to be epic!!!” Frank was sitting on the couch, just laughing at my goofiness. I was so excited that I ran to him and hugged him.
“This is so great, you must be so happy”
He made a weird face, closing one eye.
“C´mon!!!”””
“Sure. I´m happy, well, …..” He thought for a moment..”It´s going to be fun, I hope”
“Why you just tell me now!!??”
He was going to say something.
“Does Jr know?”
“I think…”
“Jesus, I have to call him” I said excited taking my cell phone

I talked with Jr.; He already knew but just a few hours ago, apparently his Dad forgot to tell him.
We were having dinner, some veggie food Frank made.

“I can´t believe Mikey forget to tell Jr about you guys getting back together”
“It happens, especially with Mikes” Frank hide a smile. “And besides we are not getting back together, we are just…going to play together”
I rolled my eyes.
“It´s the same” Frank just shook his head and smiled.
“So tomorrow, at Ray´s apartment?” I looked at him mischievously, Frank just nodded. It really bothered me that He didn´t seem thrilled with idea.

For me it was super cool
I adored MCR and the idea of them getting back together was an epic event.
“Can I go!??” Frank directed his attention from the lettuce He was eating to me, after taking the napkin and cleaned his mouth very slowly, He took a sip of water. I was waiting for his answer, my fingers involuntary tapped on the table.
“I don´t think that would be a nice a idea my dear” He sounded very British in a strange way, so polite and uptight.
“Why???” I pouted my lips and try my best in gave him puppy eyes.
“Later on, okay?”
“C´mon Frank, Why not tomorrow?” I started to push.
He just looked down and shook his head in a negative answer.

I crossed my arms and fell back on the chair, Frank just kept on eating and after a while he raised his head to find a very upset me looking at him like a hurt puppy.
Frank sighed.
“It´s just that is pretty awkward for us, for me…”
“Is about you and Gerard? Are you still mad at each other?”
“On the contrary” He looked at his plate for a second and smile “Let me try to figure out all this reunion thing and then you can come and see us, okay?”
“Okay, I guess” I just shrunken my shoulder and gave up.
We ate in silence until I dropped my fork and pointed at him.
“But if I don´t go! Junior won´t go!!!!!”
Frank laughed, I picked up the fork and kept on eating
“Okay okay, I´ll make sure of that. Finish your dinner I have a surprise for you”
“Really!! What is it??!!”
Frank rolled his eyes
“It won´t be a surprise if I tell you….” He teased me.

I finished my dinner pretty fast, I even waited Frank to finish up.
“Okay!” He know looked more excited, sometimes He had this kid like expressions or actions, but most of the time seemed pretty calm like any other grow up, but a little bit sadder.
He grabbed my hand took me to a door near the stairs.
“What..?”
“You´ll see” He just said his eyes shining with anticipation

He opened the door and a stair came into the view, it seems like some kind of deposit room, he help to get down the stairs in the dark I had to help with my hand to prevent me from falling.
I notice we arrived when my foot didn´t feel any other stair.

“Okay!” It was Frank excited voice, He let go my hand. I felt tiny in the darkness. Suddenly, I had to covered my eyes with my hand when Frank turned on the light.
After a few seconds of me adjusting to the light. I was able to see Frank standing in the middle of a room.
It was a pretty big room, with white walls and black floor. It had a bed and a big TV in front of the bed, a super stereo on the side and a little desk, with a lamp and an empty shelf. There was a little window and in the wall behind the bed there was a very cool drawn of a rose, kind of black and gothic.

“Gerard did it” It was Frank voice. “He also said that You like comic books, so He draw Batman there” He pointed to a small draw of a very cool Batman in the wall next to the door. I went over and touched slightly.

I walked slowly to a big and old stylish wardrobe, It was made of wooden and looked pretty antiquate.
Frank stood next to the furniture.
“This was my grandfather´s” He put his hands over the piece and almost caressed like a man caressed a woman.
“I got from him after He died” He voice was uneven and it was almost like He wanted to hug the wardrobe.
“It´s been in a warehouse along with other of my belongings” I opened and gasped to see some clothes of mine and some new ones, a lot of black T shirt I must said, inside it. I looked curios at Frank for a second, but before He could explain I was directing myself to the desk, next to this there was a big MCR poster.
They all looked great on it. Bob looked so young with a lip ring and Ray with his afro wearing black. Mikey had a weird expression, He was wearing a T-shirt with white and black stripes. He had his glasses on, He looked a lot like Junior. Gerard in the middle of the picture was wearing black also. He had an leather jacket that suit him well and to his side it was Frank, with a long t shirt with red and black stripes and in the middle of the t shirt a word written. Scumbag.
“That was Gerard idea also, He says that you love My chem.”
He had his arms crossed and just looked around the room.
There were other posters around the MCR one, other bands I loved.

In the other side of the room there was a big trunk, all black with my name on it. I walked over it, and opened slowly. I almost scream, but I didn´t find the voice to do it. Inside, shiny and brand new, there was a new guitar, it was black with a drawing on it, it was the same drawing of the rose that was on the wall. I touched slightly with my fingertips, but I didn´t pick it up, just close the trunk again.
“Do you like it?”
Turned over to see Frank, He looked around the room, proud in his eyes.
“I talked with your mom and she agreed, that maybe, if you want to” I could still felt the insecurity in his voice “You can stay here on the weekends or the days you want to, or just crash here” He looked around once more “so I thought You might want a place on your own”
I was speechless, I looked around once more.
Frank doubted of my reaction and started to get nervous, he cleared his throat “Of course if you don´t like it, We can changed it…”

“NO!”

Change this place??
Is he kidding??? this place´s awesome!!

“It´s awesome!” I went to where He was and hugged him. I heard a sigh of relief,
“Thank you!!” I hugged him stronger, He had though in everything.
“Thank You , Thank you so much!!”
“You´re welcome”
Frank was smiling.
“How the hell you did all this?” I looked around once more.
“I Thought this house was rented and…”
“Not anymore, I really like the area so I bought it”
“You bought it???” I went and trough myself on the bed with my arms wide open, looking at the ceiling “And you bought all these things?”
He just nodded.

“Your mom and little Mikey help me with some things, I didn’t recall what bands where your favorite”. He pointed at the poster. "And the clothes that was Molls help” I could not believe my mother was involve in all these and Jr also. They know how to keep a secret for sure.
“And these other T-shirts?” I jumped from the bed and stood next to him and to the old wardrobe.
Now I was smiling like a kid on Christmas. I showed some t shirt and tops.
“Oh, old Skeleton Crew merch and some MCR old merch also, provided by Brian.
“COOL!!!!” And went over to the rose, I didn´t want to go deeper in the Grandfather issue.
“This” I touched the painting. "It´s so fucking beautiful, remain me to thank him, is the same on the guitar, isn´t it?"
“Yeap”
“OH MY GOD!” I yelled from all the sudden
“What ?”Frank asked scare
“The guitar is fucking amazing!!!!”
“That one I pick it myself” He raised his head and looked proud. “Seems like haven´t lost my entire relationship with guitars!” He giggled. “Do you like it?”
“ Are you insane? I love it!!!!”
“And there is a little amply also”
“Cool” He´d bough so many things, I couldn´t feel any lees that happy. It was so amazing, like a dream. He practically put together a whole room for me to hang out in.
So many things, and He bough the house, so He was sting in the states for good

Wait

“You bought the house?”
“Yeah, are you losing your short time memory?” He joked. I just smiled.
“From where do you have the money, all this things you have bought, even the things for the house itself” I started to look around.
“Are you in some kind of secret illegal business…” I started to panic.
“Of course”
“Are you??!!!”
“Totally and Bob is my bicth!” He just crossed his arm and rolled his eyes.
For a second I remained silence, just before We exploded in laughs.

“I haven´t spend almost nothing in four years that I had worked, back in London” He sat on the edge of the bed. He sounded a little bit British again. “Plus the actions I have in some companies, the money I receive from Skeleton and the little profits from MCR sellings” He just shrank his shoulders as I sat next to him.
“Living in the retirement house was pretty cheap, actually. And they pay good money”
“I see”
“Money has never been an issue. My grandfather let me a pension also, even my dad” He looked into the nothing. Frank was kind of rich
“It´s good to know that the inheritance is going to be juicy” Frank looked at me and raised an eyebrow.
“I mean….I don’t want… you to …you know….die but when you do, it will…be..i mean..”
“I understand what you´re saying….I think”
“What happen to them, your family, how so you never contact them?”
“Well, my dad, I think you know a bit of it. When I told him about Gerard and me, He freaked out” Seemed to me that Frank was having a hard time telling me this, maybe He was ashamed or it was painful to remember.
“He told me that I was dead”
“That must had been hard”
“Yeah, it was pretty shitty, especially because of the relationship I had with him. He was my friend and hero”
“And you grandfather?”
“His name was Frank, like me” His tone change a little, He was a little bit more enthusiastic about his Grandfather.
“Nice”
“He was….” Frank took a deep breath; and closed his eyes as He remembered his grandfather
“He was everything I ever wanted to be”
“He was a good father, a good husband an amazing grandfather. He played the drums, I got inspired to play by him” He remained silence for second, suddenly He smile
“He was so funny and always had something smart to say, I wish you could have met him”
“How did he died?. I asked in a small voice.
“Heart attack”
“I´m sorry”
“It´s okay. He was pretty old. He had a good life.”
“Did He know about you and..” I started slowly to ask.
“Oh no no… He thought that I was travelling the world, playing, I wrote him a lot and my parents never had the courage to tell him” He started to play with his fingers, looking at his shoe.
“I went to the funeral. I saw it from behind”
I felt horrible for Frank
“And your mom?”
“She knew” His tone was calm now.”But She never answered any of my calls or letters, maybe she was mad. I don´t know”
“What happened to them?”
“Dad died a couple of years ago, before I met Jasper. I think it was cancer, but I didn´t go to the funeral. It was too painful. And I was in not state by that time” I just nodded and put my hand over his to know that I was there, Frank just smiled at me.
“I see”
“And mum…”
He remained in silence for a second.
“I really don´t know”
“You don´t know?”
“Nope”
“Is she´s dead or alive?”
He just shrank his shoulders.
“They put me away…so”
“But that it´s wrong. You were her son…I can´t understand….” I started to lose it a little bit. Frank just smile sadly.
He didn´t know where his mother was and wasn’t even sure of what his father dies. It was so wrong. Gerard told me that Frank was very close with his family.
“I appreciate your sympathy honey, but it´s okay”
“You mum should have stood up for you…” I was and at Frank´s family, mine also, but I could not believe they had abandoned him like that
“Maybe She was afraid”
“Stupid bicth” I whispered, more to me, but Frank listened anyway. For the first time since we met him, Frank looked at me with angry eyes.
“Do not talk of your Grandmother like that EVER again!”
I got a little bit scare
“Do you understand?. We are no one to judge”
“Sorry”
“Do not talk like about your grandmother, she is a great woman”

Or was

“Sorry…”
He calmed down.
“It´s okay…” He took a deep breath “…I´m not mad at her…So you don´t have to be mad at her either”
I nodded. I didn´t know He was this sensible about family. I noticed that even when He referred to his father, there was no hate. If I were him, I wouldn’t had forgave them
But that´s me.

“So, ready for the movie?”
I just nodded and He went upstairs. After all I was happy that I knew Frank a little bit more tonight.
“Be right there”

And all this bedroom thing was just so thoughtful of his side. I looked once again at the poster of the guys, Gerard next to frank, they looked so cute together. Gerard helping him gave me an idea of how their relationship was going, for me, there was no other possible companion for frank that Gerard, they just didn´t realize of that, I was going to help them.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments!