The ABC's of Growing Up

J is for Job

I groaned as I woke up and pushed my face further into my pillow...that then moved. I opened my eyes slowly and discovered that my pillow was in fact Zacky. My brow furrowed and I picked my head up enough to see that we were still in Jason’s living room and that Zacky and I were on one of the sofas. I dropped my head back down gently so I wouldn’t wake him and closed my eyes as a headache suddenly made itself known to me. I grumbled and moved closer to Zacky as if this would stop my headache.

I felt something move on my butt and froze when I realised it was Zacky’s hand. I opened my eyes and propped my chin on his chest as I tried to work out whether to wake him up and tell him to move his hand or to try and move his hand without waking him up. This was of course if I wanted him to move his hand.

Of course I want him to move his hand.

Or at least that’s what I tried to convince myself. My body was having a different idea and seemed to like the fact his hand was on my butt. And it wasn’t like he was squeezing me or anything. It was just...there. No harm in leaving it where it was right?

Zacky’s eyes fluttered open and he smiled sleepily as he noticed I was awake.

“How long have you been awake for?” He asked, his voice low and scratchy due to him having only just woken.

I shrugged. “Not long. Just a couple of minutes.”

Zacky nodded and closed his eyes but they shot open as mine widened after he’d flexed his hands. He quickly brought his hands up and away from me, both of our faces going slightly red.

“Fuck, I’m sorry. So didn’t mean to grope your ass,” he stuttered slightly.

“It’s fine,” I replied quietly before setting my head back down on his chest. “I’m still sleepy.”

I wanted to change the subject from his hand on my ass and I think I did it well.

Zacky chuckled and nodded before letting his eyes close once more. I smiled and closed my eyes once more, feeling Zacky stroke my arm gently and helping to lull me back to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thank you for walking me home,” I voiced to Zacky as I walked backwards up my front steps.

He shrugged and walked up them with me. “You didn’t look like you could cope four steps on your own let alone a ten minute walk.”

I stuck my tongue out at him and spun on my heel to unlock my front door, trying to pretend I was annoyed with him. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and pull me back into his body, making me have to let go of my key as he hugged me. Zacky dropped his chin on my shoulder and I turned my head to look at him.

“You’re not really annoyed with me,” Zacky mentioned. “So stop pretending you are.”

“How do you know I’m not annoyed with you?”

“Would you be letting me hug you?”

I rolled my eyes and sighed. “Fine. I’m not annoyed with you.”

Zacky grinned and pressed his lips to my cheek before letting me go. I felt heat radiate from my cheek and turned to my door hoping that Zacky hadn’t caught my blush.

“I’ll see you tomorrow right?” Zacky asked and I looked at him just as I opened my door.

“Yes sir,” I saluted him with a small grin.

Zacky chuckled and nodded. “See you tomorrow Teagan.”

“Bye Zacky,” I replied and waved before disappearing into my house.

I leant against my door once I had shut it before looking up as I heard my mum call my name.

"Teagan? Is that you honey?"

"Yeah Ma!"

"Can you just come into the dining room for a moment? Your father and I would like a word."

I gulped; the last time I had come home and received this greeting my parents had given me the contraception talk. I bit my lip and walked into the dining room, preparing myself for yet another awkward conversation. I was hoping that they hadn’t noticed that Zacky had brought me home.

I walked into the dining room and sat down as my dad gestured to one of the chairs on the opposite side of the table to him and my mum.

“You’re not going to give me another talk about sex are you?” I quickly asked before sighing in relief as both my parents laughed quietly and shook their heads.

“No...but your father and I have been thinking and decided we should talk to you about something else.”

“Okay...what is it?”

My dad cleared his throat and looked over at me.

“You’re seventeen now Teagan and we understand that you have a lot of school work but your mother and I think it would be a good idea for you to get a job. To learn a bit more about responsibility and the value of money.”

I groaned and scrunched up my face slightly. “A job?”

My mum smiled encouragingly at me. “We’ve even found you one.”

“Already?” I squeaked. “And what do you mean you’ve found me one? Shouldn’t I have a say in this?”

“We think you’ll like this job. You’ll be working for one of your father’s friends at his music shop.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lyndseyxsexface: Ew, a job?

dancemagicdance: That sucks.

I rolled my eyes before typing my reply.

teagansaysblah: I don’t think sucks covers it. They even found me a job, apparently I start tomorrow.

bakerboy54: But we were going to hang out : (

I chewed my lip because I just knew the girls would pick up on what he just said. I looked at my phone as it buzzed and sighed.

You two were going to hang out? Spill!! <3 Sarah

I went to text her back but another text came through.

Details! I want details! <3 Lynds

I text them both back the same thing.

My life...stop trying to control it.

They my computer beeped.

lyndseyxsexface: Sorry

dancemagicdance: Sorry.

bakerboy54: Why are they saying sorry?? I’m confused.

dancemagicdance: You’re always confused.

lyndseyxsexface: You’d think he’d be used to it by now.

bakerboy54: Hey!

I chuckled and looked over at my door as my mum popped her head into my room.

“Sweetie. You might want to get some sleep. It’s nearly eleven and you’ve got to be up at eight to get to work on time.”

I grumbled but nodded nonetheless. “Okay mum. Night.”

“Night honey.”

I turned back to my computer once she’d gone and chewed my lip as I typed out what I was going to say.

teagansaysblah: I’ve got to go guys. Zacky, I’ll see you tomorrow after work I promise. I’ll send you a text when I finish. And girls...shut up, ‘cause I already know what you’re thinking.

teagansaysblah has signed off

I shut down my computer and got ready for bed before slipping under the covers and turning my light out. I grabbed my phone and set my alarm for eight in the morning before jumping slightly as it buzzed in my hand. I smiled as I read the text.

Night! =D <3 Zacky

I text him back a quick night <3 Tea and then put my phone down, not looking forward to work tomorrow but looking forward to spending some time with Zacky a lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Because I made another trade with Taylor =D
However, I'm feeling nice...that and Kate kind of whined in a comment about this story, so I'm posting another chapter right after this one.
Hope you like it!! Comments make me giddy. x