The ABC's of Growing Up

Q is for Quieter Moments

“It’s so hot in here,” I mumbled against Zacky’s shoulder.

He looked down at me and pressed his lips to my forehead.

“You want to go and get some fresh air?”

I smiled and nodded, letting him lead me out through one of the side doors and to a small garden that was connected to this part of the hotel. I looked around at all the different flowers before looking up to the sky and smiling at the fact you could see the stars. Zacky stopped walking and I stumbled slightly before righting myself and looking back up to the sky.

“It looks so pretty tonight.”

“It really does,” Zacky replied quietly and I looked at him to see he was looking at me and not the stars.

I felt myself go red, something I seemed to do a lot recently, before turning my attention back to the sky. Zacky squeezed my hand gently and then led me over to a bench. I sat down, tucking my skirt down as I went and watched as Zacky sat down beside me.

It was so much more quiet out here than inside, which was understandable. It just seemed very peaceful out here.

“What you thinking?”

I shrugged. “Just how peaceful it is out here compared to in there.”

Zacky chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. “The Haner’s do like to party.”

I smiled. “I noticed.”

“You having a good time tonight?”

I looked at Zacky and nodded before shivering slightly as a cold breeze drifted past us.

“I really am. I was a bit hesitant coming here but,” I shrugged. “Everyone’s so friendly and it’s just such a fun atmosphere.”

Zacky nodded with a warm smile as he shrugged out of his jacket and wrapped it around me, pulling me closer to him. I huddled beside him and brought my legs up and onto his lap.

“How comes you were hesitant about coming here?”

I shrugged. “The girls had to coax me out of the bathroom. It wasn’t so much coming here. It was more the fact that I was in a dress. I’m way out of my comfort zone. The girliest I go usually is a denim skirt but then that’s teamed with my converse and a T-shirt. Never heels.”

“You should wear skirts more often,” Zacky decided as he ran a hand along the lower half of my leg, his eyes following the movements of his hand.

“I’m not confident enough.”

Zacky cocked an eyebrow and smirked. “Dude, you fucking stripped off in front of us all.”

“I was drunk,” I pointed out.

Zacky smiled and nodded. “True. How comes you haven’t been drinking tonight?”

I shrugged slightly again. “I don’t know. I just didn’t feel like it I guess. I’ve had a couple but not enough to get even my lightweight ass under the table.”

Zacky laughed and wrapped an arm around me to bring me closer to him as I was still shivering a little.

“You haven’t been drinking much either,” I pointed out to him.

“Not really in the mood.”

I nodded before yawning slightly and cuddling a bit more into Zacky. I felt him shiver and I looked at him, only just really realising that if I had his jacket around me then he was now jacket-less.

“Aren’t you cold?” I asked him.

Zacky shook his head. “I’m good. I’ve got a nice warm body curled up beside me.”

I chuckled and rolled my eyes before snaking my arms around his waist and pulling myself a little closer to him.

“If you get cold, tell me and we can go inside,” I told him.

“Eh, I’m okay out here with you.”

I smiled to myself as Zacky brought a hand up and began to run his fingers through my hair gently. We both fell into a comfortable silence, the sounds of the party quiet. I felt like I was in a completely different place to where we had been. The party seemed like a complete different time to now. It was an odd feeling and a new feeling. I’d never felt like the rest of the world could disappear before but sitting here with Zacky, the world was doing just that.

I shifted slightly and put my arms into the arms of Zacky’s jacket so I could get a bit more warmth. I smiled down at the way the arms reached way past my hands before snuggling back into Zacky’s side. Zacky’s fingers fell down from my hair and danced slightly down my neck. I squirmed away from him slightly and looked up as he chuckled. I bit my lip and smiled before resting my head back down.

“You want to head back in?”

I shook my head and wrapped my arms tighter around Zacky.

“I’m too comfy,” I mumbled and I felt him shake and heard the quiet laughter fall from his lips.

“You still cold?”

I shook my head once more before looking up at him. “Why?”

“Your legs have gone all goosebumpy,” he mentioned and I shivered as I felt his hand run up my leg.

I shrugged. “This is what happens when I wear a skirt and not jeans.”

Zacky chuckled before turning his attention away from my legs and to me. His eyes flickered across my face and it was only when I felt his breath flutter across my face that I realised just how close we were to one another. I subconsciously licked my lip before letting my eyes close as Zacky pressed his lips to mine. I brought a hand up and curled it around the side of Zacky’s neck before sitting up a bit better, making the kiss a bit comfier and making me need to bring one of my legs underneath me. Zacky gripped my leg that was still over his lap and brushed his tongue across my bottom lip, pulling gently at it afterwards.

I parted my lips, sighing as his tongue reached out for mine. Zacky pulled away after a moment and it took me a second to register that I needed to open my eyes. I slowly opened them and looked at Zacky, chuckling slightly at the fact he had red lipstick smeared across his lips. I reached up and rubbed my thumb across his bottom lip, trying to rid him of my makeup. Zacky pushed my hand away and cupped my jaw, bringing me to him for another kiss this time with more passion and need than the one before.

I let myself get immersed in the kiss, forgetting once again that the rest of the world existed. If I hadn’t then I might have noticed our friends watching from the side door of the hotel.
♠ ♠ ♠
There will be three updates of this today because I bargained with Taylor =D
Tee hee!!

So....Zacky and Tea...finally getting their act together??
Hope you liked this chapter!!
Comments make me giddy = ) x